• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Wyndham resale, info needed please.

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
We would like to buy a Wyndham resale. I know there is such a thing as Wyndham points and there are no shortages of ads on Tug and other sites begging for you to buy these points. The resale prices seem most reasonable. Here are my many (sorry) questions for those with knowledge and experience to answer.....
1) We wish to go every year to the Club Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. What do we need to buy to *guarantee* we can go there every year with no issues or problems. No interest in other resorts.
2) Does this mean we need to get a deed for this specific resort to guarantee we can go there every year without fail? Or.... do we just need to get the amount of points from ANY other resort in order to stay
in the type of unit we would like (1 bdrm deluxe or 1 bdrm presidential)?
3) Do I need to deal with RCI in any way? Or am I dealing with Wyndham direct to get the week I want at Clearwater Beach resort?
4) Does Wyndham have the right of first refusal on points or anything related to the Clearwater Beach Resort? Costs involved with Wyndham involving resales?
5) When do you receive points for the year and how many months out can you request a reservation date?
6) For those in the know about Wyndham, am I missing anything? Any tips or advice?
Sorry for all these questions, but I need clarification before spending money on this.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
We would like to buy a Wyndham resale. I know there is such a thing as Wyndham points and there are no shortages of ads on Tug and other sites begging for you to buy these points. The resale prices seem most reasonable. Here are my many (sorry) questions for those with knowledge and experience to answer.....
1) We wish to go every year to the Club Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. What do we need to buy to *guarantee* we can go there every year with no issues or problems. No interest in other resorts.
2) Does this mean we need to get a deed for this specific resort to guarantee we can go there every year without fail? Or.... do we just need to get the amount of points from ANY other resort in order to stay
3) Do I need to deal with RCI in any way? Or am I dealing with Wyndham direct to get the week I want at Clearwater Beach resort?
4) Does Wyndham have the right of first refusal on points or anything related to the Clearwater Beach Resort? Costs involved with Wyndham involving resales?
5) When do you receive points for the year and how many months out can you request a reservation date?
6) For those in the know about Wyndham, am I missing anything? Any tips or advice?
Sorry for all these questions, but I need clarification before spending money on this.
What time of year do you need Clearwater? I live right next to it so I know the booking patterns.

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
Shoulder season. I guess it would be gold rather than platinum. As we are in driving distance with time flexibility the exact week would not matter.
You appear to have 805,000 Club Wyndham points, so I must assume you have the system understood totally.

Reaction score
If these recently finished eBay auctions are any indicator, Wyndham Clearwater is worth around $2.2-$3.6 per 1000 points of contract: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...kw=wyndham+clearwater&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Looks like there's also a new auction for Clearwater that just started today as well (https://www.ebay.com/itm/334739776088) though to be honest it seems a bit overpriced. Looks like even if the minimum bid wins, it will be about $4.3 per 1000 after factoring in transfer fees.

Clearwater or CWA would probably be your best bet to "guarantee" that you'd get a Clearwater reservation. This would allow you to book 13 months before the reservation date. Everyone else in the Club Wyndham system would have to wait until 10 months before the reservation date, giving you a head start. Not sure if you actually need to own at these places, especially if you're just looking for 1BRs during shoulder season. From what I hear, there's still plenty of inventory 10 months out, and you only need to book 13 months out at resorts if you're trying to get the 3BRs or bigger.

You wouldn't need to deal with RCI. As for ROFR, I've never heard a case of Wyndham actually exercising it.

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
If these recently finished eBay auctions are any indicator, Wyndham Clearwater is worth around $2.2-$3.6 per 1000 points of contract: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...kw=wyndham+clearwater&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Looks like there's also a new auction for Clearwater that just started today as well (https://www.ebay.com/itm/334739776088) though to be honest it seems a bit overpriced. Looks like even if the minimum bid wins, it will be about $4.3 per 1000 after factoring in transfer fees.

Clearwater or CWA would probably be your best bet to "guarantee" that you'd get a Clearwater reservation. This would allow you to book 13 months before the reservation date. Everyone else in the Club Wyndham system would have to wait until 10 months before the reservation date, giving you a head start. Not sure if you actually need to own at these places, especially if you're just looking for 1BRs during shoulder season. From what I hear, there's still plenty of inventory 10 months out, and you only need to book 13 months out at resorts if you're trying to get the 3BRs or bigger.

You wouldn't need to deal with RCI. As for ROFR, I've never heard a case of Wyndham actually exercising it.
Thank you for that info. Very helpful in my attempts to get information together to make an informed choice.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Shoulder season. I guess it would be gold rather than platinum. As we are in driving distance with time flexibility the exact week would not matter.
You appear to have 805,000 Club Wyndham points, so I must assume you have the system understood totally.
Idk what shoulder season means, but if you only need May-Nov, you don't need ARP for the location. It's impossible to book winter and spring without owning there.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score

How do you calculate cost per 1000?

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
If you want Clearwater specifically, buy a Clearwater resort. It’s a beautiful resort in an awesome location and is harder to book than many others. You will have advanced reservation priority(ARP) of 12 months to reserve. Most non owners can book 10 months out. That being said, there are levels of membership that do allow a limited number of ARP bookings at resorts that are not their home resort. Check Wyndhams website for the season/unit size you want. Then buy accordingly.
Use year starts the month of purchase or the start date of the original contract but you can try and request a January start date. The seller should be able to give you that information.
Some contracts come with RCI. If you have to pay extra, don’t bother. Wyndham has lots of resorts to choose from if you want to go somewhere else.
Reservations can be booked online.
Wyndham always has the first right of refusal on units sold on the secondary market but I’ve never had a problem picking up a unit on the secondary market.
Be aware that no perks come with points bought on the secondary market with the exception of a Presidential Reserve contract. Additionally, if you decide you want to achieve VIP status, contracts bought on the secondary market won’t count.

Reaction score
How do you calculate cost per 1000?

I would take the total amount of money paid for the contract and divide it by how many 1,000s of points the contract is for.

So for this item that just sold (https://www.ebay.com/itm/334739776088), the buyer paid $635 (winning bid) + $1061 (prepaid MFs) + $650 (closing) + $299 (transfer fee) = $2,645

The contract was for 584,000 points, so $2645/584 = $4.53 per thousand

For comparison, if you bought from a sales rep at a resort, you'd pay around $220-260 per thousand for that contract and if you bought via telesales, it'd be around $140 per thousand. On the flip side, websites like timesharenation give away Wyndham contracts for free from time to time (including paying closing/transfer fees for you) so that would be $0 per thousand which is pretty good.

Honestly, a lot of TUGers (myself included) tend to be penny pinchers. You don't get a shiny trophy for finding the best deal, so it's probably best just to find something you want, put in a price you'd be happy to pay for it, and spend your time enjoying your vacation rather than checking eBay every day :LOL:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Some corrections on what another person posted. ARP, Advance Reservation Priority, at your home resort is 13 months not 12 months. All Wyndham point accounts have a free RCI account as their exchange company. Owners have until the last day of their use year to deposit unused points in RCI. Once deposited those points expire two years from the end of the month they were deposited. When you use those deposited points to book something in RCI you will pay an exchange fee. That fee is currently $289 for a week. I think the inventory Wyndham resale owners can book in RCI might only week long stays.
I
At Clearwater high season weeks are 35-39, 44-45, 48-50 so only 10 weeks. The other 42 weeks are all prime season.

A one bedroom in prime season is 231,000 points or broken down 45,500 for Friday and Saturday nights and 28,000 for Sunday -Thursday nights. High season is 210,000/42,500/25,000.

A one bedroom deluxe is 250,000/50,000/30,000 in prime. High season is 224,000/44,500/27,000.

A one bedroom presidential is 325,000/65,000/39,000 in prime. High is 300,000/60,000/36,000.

I see that you're a Hyatt owner too. Do you already own so much that you'd only be able to use a single week at Clearwater? Have you stayed at many Wyndham resorts? Are you not a fan of any other Wyndham resorts other than Clearwater? Are you not able to find a stay at Clearwater with the 300k CWA points you have or do you use those points for somewhere else?

I'd be checking out some of the eBay listings at resorts with low maintenance fees. Like Bali Hai, National Harbor or Panama City Beach.

Like @cbryne1174 I've been able to book Clearwater and we don't own there.

Last edited: