• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with vidanta and private reserve travel club (merged)

Hineschr

Reaction score
So i purchased private reserve travel collection membership through vidanta for 4500 on the 7th of October. They would not let me see the website so they said i could call them and do a sample booking. I asked very specific questions about using the websites including dates and resort names. I travel a lot and was very specific. The prices they quoted me were hundreds if not thousands of dollars more when i finally got access to the website after a few calls 10 days later on the 17th. I immediately asked for a refund. Filed out the forms but as you all know there is a 5 days rescission period. That's what brought me here.

They offered me $2000 off for a trial membership with even less access. I accepted as the membership is useless to me anyway but is there any way to get my money back in full?? I emailed the Profeco but it's there anything else i should do??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I emailed the Profeco but it's there anything else i should do??
You might contact the credit card provider you used for the purchase and see if they offer any kind of protection on purchases. I believe someone posted about successfully voiding a timeshare purchase through that means even after the five-day Mexican rescission period. Let us know what you find out.

Hineschr

Reaction score
Thanks Karen

Just got off the phone with chase my card isssuer. They did not leave me feeling confident that they would be able to help. They basically said in these cases the seller usually provides a contract that states that are not eligible for a refund and they usually end there. So the ball is completely in my court to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the contract is fraudulent which will be difficult to do it seems. They word these things very carefully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Hineschr

Reaction score
It is a chase visa i looked into that and it applies specifically to timeshare. Wonder if PRTC is categorized at timeshare the chase customer service seems clueless.

Im with 14 days so this gives me hope! Thanks again!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So i purchased private reserve travel collection membership through vidanta for 4500 on the 7th of October.

They offered me $2000 off for a trial membership with even less access. I accepted as the membership is useless to me anyway

You bought an exit package -
- "private reserve travel collection" - is run by ICE ( when you access the website)

It likely
- gives you access back into Vidanta (probably/ hopefully) at an acceptable $ cost -and (likely) WITHOUT ANY RESORT FEE - that may allow you to at least " break even " on the $ 2000 .

(revised : after I later googled PRTC and saw the International Cruise and Excursion Gallery logo at the bottom of the website page).

Last edited:

Hineschr

Reaction score
You bought an exit package -
- "private reserve travel collection" - is run by ICE ( when you access the website)

It likely
- gives you access back into Vidanta (probably/ hopefully) at an acceptable $ cost -and (likely) WITHOUT ANY RESORT FEE - that may allow you to at least " break even " on the $ 2000 .

(revised : after I later googled PRTC and saw the International Cruise and Excursion Gallery logo at the bottom of the website page).
Correct an exit program through ice.

I am entitled to 2 free visits i believe but i bought it for the elite weeks which they claimed had no blackout dates and identical availability of the hotel. That couldn't be further from the truth. I own sears vacations which for some reason gives me access to the luxxe for next to nothing in the offseason. I have been twice.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Correct an exit program through ice.

I am entitled to 2 free visits i believe but i bought it for the elite weeks which they claimed had no blackout dates and identical availability of the hotel. That couldn't be further from the truth. I own sears vacations which for some reason gives me access to the luxxe for next to nothing in the offseason. I have been twice.

I guess there is a difference between : " no specified blackout dates" ( ie ) you could book Christmas Week / and Christmas Week is available to be booked .
Funny how TS sales people "spin that " .

that said : I would call PRTC / ICE and have them contact Vidanta reservations - while you are on hold ( etc) for Holiday Elite Week availability.
In NV :the Grand Mayan level is 5 buildings & has the most units & therefore the most options.
In RM : it is likely Mayan Palace with about 20 buildings - ( a 2 bedroom MP is probably the same square footage as a 1 bedroom GM / 1100- 1200 sq feet )

If they have nothing for 2018/19 - ask for 2019/20 (some 2019/2020 Holiday weeks were recently on RCI weeks)

ICE has a long term relationship with Vidanta .
We were given a 2 or 5 year ICE membership when we bought in 2006 .

Hineschr

Reaction score
I guess there is a difference between : " no specified blackout dates" ( ie ) you could book Christmas Week / and Christmas Week is available to be booked .
Funny how TS sales people "spin that " .

that said : I would call PRTC / ICE and have them contact Vidanta reservations - while you are on hold ( etc) for Holiday Elite Week availability.
In NV :the Grand Mayan level is 5 buildings & has the most units & therefore the most options.
In RM : it is likely Mayan Palace with about 20 buildings - ( a 2 bedroom MP is probably the same square footage as a 1 bedroom GM / 1100- 1200 sq feet )

If they have nothing for 2018/19 - ask for 2019/20 (some 2019/2020 Holiday weeks were recently on RCI weeks)

ICE has a long term relationship with Vidanta .
We were given a 2 or 5 year ICE membership when we bought in 2006 .
Have you used you membership at all? I don't see the value and I purchased for access to other resorts, had no intention of returning to vidanta.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Have you used you membership at all? I don't see the value and I purchased for access to other resorts, had no intention of returning to vidanta.

At that point in time I believe ICE only did cruises . We did not renew / have never done a cruise .

Since you paid $2000 - I am just suggesting because of the ICE / Vidanta relationship - a Vidanta Holiday Elite week ( Christmas - New Years - Easter )
may be one way to get value for what you paid .

example
On RCI - right now (Oct 2018 ) is 2019/20 New Years week at Grand Mayan NV / RCI code 7486
One bedroom suite - Friday or Sunday check in.

Cost - 27 TPU's - (at $ 30 per TPU) = $ 810 (note - some TUG members have TPU costs well below $ 20 )

$ 810 + $ 239 (RCI exchange fee) + $378 ( Vidanta NV resort fee/ 1 bedroom )
Total =$1427

If PRTC can get you this for $ 1000 / you recoup 25% of your prepayment . / etc

FYI - IMO Vidanta developer deposits to exchange companies are similar to hotels placing inventory
on booking platforms . ( ie) weeks like this (could) be accessed by PRTC / ICE.

Good Luck:- turning lemons into lemonade

Last edited:

Greg Venditti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Private Reserve Tavel Collection
So I purchased a private collection ice program. They told me I could cancel my Wyndham timeshare. They said they would do it but then when we got to the end they made me sign a disclaimer that they didn't say that. I had already paid $7,200. I asked at that time if I could cancel if I found them to not be telling me the truth . I should have said deals off. I tried to cancel my timeshare they would not cancel it. Also when I wanted to cancel this package they told me that I signed that I could not get a refund on my membership fee. I didn't think the membership was a whole $7,200. I thought it was a $99. So now I have two vacation packages. I would warn any body that goes to Vidanta do not purchase a vacation package or anyting in a foreign country. There laws and their integrity is very low. How can I get out of this package, anybody know? I did call before 2 days before the 5-day cancellation was up and have a folio number that I wanted to cancel. But they told me I could not get my money back so why cancel. Does anybody know who I could contact in Mexico to handle this. Has anybody used this program and had any success? After so many lies and I saw the red flags but they get you when you least expect it. I am beating myself up but not too bad. I can absorb the loss if I have to. Any advice or input is welcome. Sorry so long-winded.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So I purchased a private collection ice program. They told me I could cancel my Wyndham timeshare. ... I had already paid $7,200. I asked at that time if I could cancel if I found them to not be telling me the truth . I should have said deals off. ......Has anybody used this program and had any success? After so many lies and I saw the red flags but they get you when you least expect it. I am beating myself up but not too bad. I can absorb the loss if I have to. Any advice or input is welcome. ....

There is a TUG Mexican Forum thread from Oct 22 2018
“Help with Vidanta and private reserve travel club “ started by Hineschr

You may wish to read -
< Hineschr has not been on TUG since Nov 10 - to contact Hineschr you may wish to “conversation “
and find out if there was any further details on how it worked out .>

You should contact Vidanta Member Services (not sales)in Nuevo Vallarta
to attempt resolution if you have not already done so .

Having 2 timeshares is not necessarily a bad thing . Many members of
TUG - (Timeshare USERS Group)have multiple ownerships for various vacation
uses .

Greg Venditti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a TUG Mexican Forum thread from Oct 22 2018
“Help with Vidanta and private reserve travel club “ started by Hineschr

You may wish to read -
< Hineschr has not been on TUG since Nov 10 - to contact Hineschr you may wish to “conversation “
and find out if there was any further details on how it worked out .>

You should contact Vidanta Member Services (not sales)in Nuevo Vallarta
to attempt resolution if you have not already done so .

Having 2 timeshares is not necessarily a bad thing . Many members of
TUG - (Timeshare USERS Group)have multiple ownerships for various vacation
uses .
Thanks for your response I will do so on Monday. Plus I am calling Profeco. Do you own the Vidanta vacation package

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump
- for info on PRTC / Ice - sold as use packages by "exit package" sales / Vida Sales at Vidanta resorts

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for your response I will do so on Monday. Plus I am calling Profeco. Do you own the Vidanta vacation package

I bumped the other thread so it is easy to find

I own a Mayan Palace 1 bedroom / separate bedroom + living room -kitchenette / 750 sq. feet approx. - bought in 2006 / Has 6 month ARP ( so Aug 1 2019 - I can reserve any Feb 2020 week ) MF for 2019 is about $ 740 / has extra reno MF fee every 5 years so net $ this year is about $ 890 .

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I did call before 2 days before the 5-day cancellation was up and have a folio number that I wanted to cancel.
I'm not sure what a folio number is, but if it can be used to prove you tried to rescind within the 5-day period allowed by Mexican law, that's great. I think Profeco should be able to give you some advice as well as the Vidanta Member Services dept. Mexican law is very clear that all your money should be returned to you, no matter what the sales people told you.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The problem with calling is it doesn't do anything to preserve your right to riscind. The contract states you need to rescind in writing so it doesn't matter if you called on day 1 or day 100, you didn't follow the directions and cancel in writing during the 5 day period. I doubt you recorded your call so even if they did lie to you on the call there is no proof and likely profecto won't be able to help but since the service is free it doesn't hurt to try. Don't waste your money if anyone contacts you telling you they can help you for an fee.

Greg Venditti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure what a folio number is, but if it can be used to prove you tried to rescind within the 5
The problem with calling is it doesn't do anything to preserve your right to riscind. The contract states you need to rescind in writing so it doesn't matter if you called on day 1 or day 100, you didn't follow the directions and cancel in writing during the 5 day period. I doubt you recorded your call so even if they did lie to you on the call there is no proof and likely profecto won't be able to help but since the service is free it doesn't hurt to try. Don't waste your money if anyone contacts you telling you they can help you for an fee.

-day period allowed by Mexican law, that's great. I think Profeco should be able to give you some advice as well as the Vidanta Member Services dept. Mexican law is very clear that all your money should be returned to you, no matter what the sales people told you.
I called vedanta member services and a lady gave me a folio number that she put in the computer requesting that I cancel my purchase. When I ask for a email or mailing address or fax they told me it wasn't necessary and that my father never would show that I canceled. Have you heard of this vacation package before it's called the private reserve package? It's what you buy if you don't buy Vidanta timeshare.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I ask for a email or mailing address or fax they told me it wasn't necessary and that my father never would show that I canceled.
I don't understand what the last part of the sentence means about "my father."

Greg Venditti

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I apologize instead of texting I speak into the phone. I meant my folio in the computer at Vidanta shows that I cancelled in 3 days. Now that being said will it? I asked today when I spoke to them and the lady said she saw that I canceled. The sales people are telling me I can cancel but I will not receive my money. Which I explained earlier. The salesperson today said she listened to a recording at the end of our sales pitch and signing of the contract and said you knew that you would not get a refund. I said did you listen to the whole recording? Because I also asked if I could cancel within 3 days and the gentleman said five. I have to call Perfeco tomorrow

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I apologize instead of texting I speak into the phone. I meant my folio in the computer at Vidanta shows that I cancelled in 3 days. Now that being said will it? I asked today when I spoke to them and the lady said she saw that I canceled. The sales people are telling me I can cancel but I will not receive my money. Which I explained earlier. The salesperson today said she listened to a recording at the end of our sales pitch and signing of the contract and said you knew that you would not get a refund. I said did you listen to the whole recording? Because I also asked if I could cancel within 3 days and the gentleman said five. I have to call Perfeco tomorrow
I think Profeco may be able to help you. Also be sure to contact your credit card company and give them all the details of your cancellation, too. Talking with Vidanta Member Services would be advisable, not the sales people. They are apt to tell you anything to save the sale.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a quote of Profeco's brochure (complete with misspelled words):

"By law, you have five business days to cancel the contract after you have signed it. If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time.

You should receive a prompt refund of all the money you have paid, without any cancelling penalties, within fifteen business days.

If the developer refuses to do so or agruments you resigned to this rigth when signing the contract, you may contact extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. To submit a formal complaint, you must send the following paperwork: a brief description of the problem, copy of the contract and of your ID."

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It doesn't really matter what anyone said to you either on the phone or in person. It matters what the contract says. The travel collection or whatever they are calling it may be considered a timeshare or it may be considered a vacation club. I am not sure that vacation clubs in Mexico are eligible for a rescission the same way that a timeshare is required to have. Profecto should be able to answer that. They probably can determine if you paid for a vacation club or a more traditional timeshare. But back to the contract. What does it say about cancelling? If eligible it should tell you the number of days and how and where to send a cancellation within the rescission window. Even if it says you can't cancel you would want to double check that with Profecto. If you purchased something that Mexican law requires a rescission period and your contract says you can't, you would still be able to cancel and the fact that the contract was incorrect may give you the extra days you need.

So stop talking to the salespeople. They aren't there to help you or tell you the truth. Unfortunately the law doesn't seem to care if they lied or not as long as the correct information was in the contract.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The other “complication “is that PRTC by ICE may not technically be a Timeshare .
It is a travel club with some elements of an exchange company .

There have been various prior threads in TUG - where the buyer (with remorse within 5 days) has been
told that it cannot be rescinded / payment refunded . How much of this is sales trying to keep their commission and how much of it is valid under the Mexican laws that Profeco adjudicates is unknown by me .

PRTC by ICE / Destino’s by ICE are both sold as exit packages at Vidanta properties . The one clear thing is that these packages DO NOT contain registered weeks . Timeshare contracts sold at Vidanta
properties by their sales arm , VIDA Vacations DO contain registered weeks in a RTU format .

Typically in TUG posted stories - a buyer with remorse - contacts Vidanta Member Services and contacts their credit card company to dispute the charge . Some sort of resolution is negotiated ;
and the person who posted , comes back to the thread to add that this has occurred .

Private Reserve Travel Club is part of ICE - International Cruise & Excursion Gallery
they are a long time Vidanta / Grupo Mayan business relationship.