• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Hyatt reservations

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am a newbie Hyatt owner - please remind me: If we own a fixed week 11 - when can I opt for points and make a reservation for a different season?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am a newbie Hyatt owner - please remind me: If we own a fixed week 11 - when can I opt for points and make a reservation for a different season?

1 year before the check in date.

You can also do it even earlier by borrowing points, but only for a reservation within the next 60 days.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is this correct?
- If I'm not going to use my fixed week, I don't have to do anything and it will convert to points when I don't confirm the fixed week by the confirmation deadline.
- Exactly 12 mos. before my desired date, I can make the reservation on the Hyatt owner's website.
- The online inventory becomes available right after midnight eastern, 12 mos. before check-in.

Question: What is the best way to request a location at the resort? How soon can I request?

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Is this correct?
- If I'm not going to use my fixed week, I don't have to do anything and it will convert to points when I don't confirm the fixed week by the confirmation deadline.
Yes, but there's a detail: at 12 months, you get HRPP points, and at 6 months they become CUP points, meaning you lose an ability to reserve your fixed HRPP week/unit. But you can use your HRPP points at 12 months to reserve anything available, you don't need to wait until 6 months.
- Exactly 12 mos. before my desired date, I can make the reservation on the Hyatt owner's website.
Yes, For anything available. Edit: 12 months before your HRPP check in date. Not before your desired dates.
- The online inventory becomes available right after midnight eastern, 12 mos. before check-in.
Not exactly at midnight, unlike Vistana. Can be a few hours after midnight.
Question: What is the best way to request a location at the resort? How soon can I request?
You can make a waitlist request 18 months in advance of the desired dates.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you!

My confirmation deadline is Sept. 13, 2024. Coincidentally, I want to reserve Sept. 13, 2025 - is the best strategy to waitlist for the date?

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thank you!

My confirmation deadline is Sept. 13, 2024. Coincidentally, I want to reserve Sept. 13, 2025 - is the best strategy to waitlist for the date?

You already have your 2025 points available in your account, so you can reserve anything that's available. Sep.13 2025 can become available as early as 1 year in advance, on Sep.13 2024. But only if a HRPP owner uses their points to reserve something else, thus making their week available for others. It rarely happens. Most of availability comes at 6 months before check in, when owners' HRPP expires, making their weeks automatically available to reserve. So most likely you will be able to reserve Sep.13 2025 check in on Mar.13 2025. If it's a high demand week, put a request now, and it will match when the week becomes available. If it's a low demand time, you can just book it manually on or around Mar.13 2025. But it doesn't hurt to put a request anyway.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for your help!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did that recently. I looked but didn't find a way to convert to points before making the reservation.
So I went ahead to make the reservation and an option came up at that time to convert to points.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct.

If you use points by making a reservation in Hyatt or Interval or move points to EEE 6-12 months out and the system cannot find points elsewhere, it will pull points from your home reservation and you will lose that reservation.

Conversely, if you don't use and points and don't confirm your week more than 6 months out, the points will automatically convert from HRPP to CUP 6 months out and you lose that reservation.

The Hyatt rules are actually simple, but there are a lot of subtleties and timing matters. You have to understand by points categories/buckets if you are not using your week. There is also an order, depending on the type of reservation, on which buckets are pulled from. And if you own multiple weeks, the points buckets become the only way to make sense of it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was within the 18 month wait list window, so I went ahead and wait listed.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year on the contract anniversary, you receive the point value in your owned week. You can do anything you desire with those new points. For the first 6 months you ALSO have the guaranteed right to reserve your owned unit. This is called HRPP. So during that 6 month period you have various options: do nothing, reserve somewhere in the system, or reserve the owned unit. You also have the continuing option to place your name on a request list (specific resort, period of stay and unit size). That list is first come, first served. If your request is granted, the point value is taken from your account. If this occurs during the 6 month HRPP time frame, the HRPP guarantee ends. You never have to "release" your owned unit during HRPP.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Late to this...vacations lol. thought it may help
1715698730571.png

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice pic that mostly explains it. But if you use any of your points 12 months out the remainder become CUP - so it becomes a different pic ....

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we trade into bronze season, we have 100 pts. leftover. Is there any usage for those points?

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we trade into bronze season, we have 100 pts. leftover. Is there any usage for those points?

2 nights is a studio in Bronze or Silver season, or a studio in mud season at mulitple ski locations, or a split week up to a 3br in mud season.

If it is 4 months before your use week, you can stuff them in EEE also.