• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Facebook business page

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm posting this on the slim chance someone here can help.

Starting about three weeks ago, the desktop version of my business page quit working. When I write something, the options to add a picture and schedule the post (a feature I use a lot) are missing. The only button is POST, but it doesn't work. I can post on my phone and tablet, but it's a pain; and the mobile version doesn't have some functions. Once a post is scheduled, I can't edit it on the laptop or phone. The Help button in the upper right doesn't work.

I've tried three browsers and cleared the browser history and cache--twice--to no avail. No ad blocker on Facebook. Time and calendar on the computer are correct. But it's not my computer. The other administrator, who has a different computer with a different operating system, has the same problems.

I've Googled extensively, but searches don't provide an answer. Clicking "Ask the Community" and "Ask a Question" on Facebook so-called help sites takes me to my page. I did find a place on the mobile version to email problems to Facebook, and I sent an email with a screen shot. Got the notice that Facebook doesn't reply to individual requests for support.

I'm frustrated with Facebook and its nonexistent support. If this were a personal page (which I don't have), I'd just delete it; but I need it for my writers conference. Does anyone know what I can do to get my desktop version back?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can suggest using hootsuite...its far more useful for scheduling posts on social media outlets...and its free.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thanks, Brian. I'll look into this. Doesn't solve all the new problems, but should help some.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, facebook has really cracked down on the business page side...i was highly annoyed.

hootsuite is super handy though for being a free service!

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Unfortunately, the free version won't work with only a business account. I need a personal account, too, which I don't have. I'm so annoyed at Facebook's arrogant lack of support that I won't open a personal profile just to solve this problem.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
be thankful you havent been shut down yet for having a purely commercial account, vs a "page" off a private account! went thru all that trouble awahile back...it was very frustrating to start from scratch.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I missed the news that Facebook is moving in that direction. Aarrgghh.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My business facebook has been having the same issues. First, the edit button was gone. Then, I was able to post, but not add an event or link another FB business in a post. Then, it went to not being able to post at all. There is a help area in the FAQs and when I use the enter button there after typing in my situation, it does nothing.

I did see the notice a few days ago saying we had to have a personal account. I am the last holdout who will never have a FB account, but it turns out my husband has one (that he wasn't aware of). Maybe our employee had to make it for him to post something before. He doesn't know his log in information. It's all pretty frustrating and I'm thinking we probably will just stop using FB for advertising/keeping in touch with clients. I've been told by the millenials that FB is considered a dinosaur now, anyway.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
presley, thank you for posting. I've been thinking only my page was broken since I couldn't find anything about this with searches. The fact that the mobile version (still) works OK is puzzling, although I can't do everything with it. I have never wanted want a personal account, but now that I know why my page is broken, I'm starting to rethink my position. I do a lot of connecting with conferees and potential conferees with FB and don't know what might be a viable alternative. I don't even know if it's possible to open a personal account now and link my business account without losing years of posts.

This makes no sense. I can't imagine a big company wanting its business account connected to an employee who won't be there forever.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
presley, thank you for posting. I've been thinking only my page was broken since I couldn't find anything about this with searches. The fact that the mobile version (still) works OK is puzzling, although I can't do everything with it. I have never wanted want a personal account, but now that I know why my page is broken, I'm starting to rethink my position. I do a lot of connecting with conferees and potential conferees with FB and don't know what might be a viable alternative. I don't even know if it's possible to open a personal account now and link my business account without losing years of posts.

This makes no sense. I can't imagine a big company wanting its business account connected to an employee who won't be there forever.
Have you considered LinkedIn - I think you can do what you want with LinkedIn and it's focus is business

Richard

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Have you considered LinkedIn - I think you can do what you want with LinkedIn and it's focus is business
Richard

Thanks for the suggestion, but it won't work for a lot of reasons I don't have time to elaborate on.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fyi there are tons of threads on this in the facebook help section....not that any of them were terribly helpful...but it is/was impacting thousands and thousands of people!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
many businesses pay a good bit of money for facebook advertising!

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I didn't want to be on Facebook in the first place and was a late adopter. However, it's an important piece of promotion for my business, even without buying advertising on it.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Latest blip in the saga. I emailed a friend yesterday about what's happening. She wrote back today that her cousin who works in IT at Ford has the same story as mine. So this change is affecting big business too. Her conclusion: "And Mark Zuckerberg thinks Facebook will unite the whole world in 'peace and love'???" Hah! I think he's the poster child for arrogance. He keeps making changes and provides zero help for users affected by those changes.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It let me post an event with a link and picture today.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
My page is working again today too! I added a friend as another admin, so I don't lose control again. This is such a mess, and I still hate FB.