• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP with Booking Strategy of the 276 days before....

mz3bo

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like some help as far as booking strategy in order to have a maximum chance of getting what I want. My goal is to get 2 (even 3) consecutive weeks in Hawaii with HGVC Hotels. I do not have a specific hotel so far but I am open to change from one hotel to the other once a week (as long as it's close to the ocean). I do not own in Hawaii. My dates are checkin Dec 23 and leaving 3 weeks later.

What do you suggest I should do. I understand that I can start booking on march 21st 2015. But, how do you guys proceed, do you book day per day and change the reserve everydays or do you wait until the full week opens and book. However, if you want to the full week to open up, won't your chances of having the first days of the week be lower.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for your time
Bo

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this for the Big Island?

mz3bo

Reaction score
Hi presly

not necessary big island. But would consider it for maybe 1 week out of the three. Would like to stay more on oahu and maui as well.

thanks
bo

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The dates for Oahu are a little tough. You will want to book right away at midnight the first day and add a day each day. All the properties are close together. Most are on the same property and there is one more across the street.

The Big Island is easier to book for those dates and also has all the properties together in one area.

There isn't anything in Maui, yet. The Maui property is under construction. There is a hotel, but I think it costs around 500,000 honors points per night. You'd want to put in a RCI exchange request for Maui.

If it were me, I'd put in the RCI request right now for all of the dates for Maui and Oahu. As soon as the booking window opens, I'd start booking Oahu through HGVC. Even if you get the dates you want with HGVC, keep the search going in RCI because you can change your reservation later if you end up with some overlapping dates. You have to be aggressive for those weeks.

jestme

Reaction score
I think you will have a problem getting Oahu HGVC for Dec 23. That week and the week after are "Special weeks". The owners of them paid a premium for those weeks and their "Home Season" booking is done for them automatically every year. You have to wait until one of them cancels their "Home Week" reservation for it to become available. That does happen, and sometimes it happens before the "Club Season" opens, but to get one I think you would have to start with a Saturday, not a Friday, as the check in day for the week they may have cancelled is always a Saturday.
Unfortunately, if there is nothing available at "Club Season" time, you have to wait until someone cancels their reservation.

mz3bo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

However, when you said midnight, it's midnight on what day ?

Bo

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks for the reply,

However, when you said midnight, it's midnight on what day ?

Bo

Midnight Florida time, 276 days from "check out". That is why the suggestion was to start with a short reservation and then add days one at a time

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The Bay Club on BI is the only Hawaii resort that does not have xmas/ny event weeks. You should be able to book those at 9 months and then switch to any of the other resorts for a week 1 booking at 9 months.

I would suggest booking Bay Club then keep looking for the event week cancellations inside 9 months, if you get lucky just change the reservation, its free.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk