• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Top restaurants near Hilton Club in NYC???

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In April we luckily have 5 nites at Hilton and 2 at Manhattan Club :D . Want to make reservations at great seafood or ethnic (or anything but Italan) restaurants that we can walk to from those two places.

Also a restaurant near where Spamalot is playing???

If you have websites to make reservations, that would be super. Thanks in advance. ;)

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathy-

Your problem will be choosing from among the wonderful restaurants. We've spent 5 days during Christmas at the Rihga Royal Hotel, across the street from the Hilton. Here are some tips.

For a great (albeit expensive) meal, go to The Modern - half a block from the Hilton. It is next to the Museum of Modern Art and is brand new. The owner is Danny Meyers, owner of the top-rated Gramercy Tavern and Union Square. You can arrange for a very fancy meal in the Dining Room, or a more casual meal in the Bar (that's where we went). It was wonderful. The Dining Room overlooks a MOMA garden. If you're interested, be sure to call way in advance for reservations.

Our suite at the hotel did not include a kitchen, so we usually had brunch and a dinner before the theater. I believe you have free continental breakfast at the Hilton. The Europa Cafe is one block from the Manhattan Club on 57th and 7th. It's like a little french bistro and we love it - we've gone every year for five years. Brunch or lunch would be great there. There is also a new french place on 7th between 58th and 59th (I think). The translated name is "The Daily Bread" but the actual name is in French. Good for continental breakfasts and a good place to stop before you go home to get some wonderful breads and pastries to take with you.

In terms of ethnic, there is a well known Greek restaurant called Molyvos that's also one block from the Manhattan Club. The food is super but I have to say the service was not great on our last two visits. Remi, a moderate upscale Italian, is near the Hilton on 53rd between 6th and 7th. We've always had great meals there. On the cheaper side, Maristella is near the Holton and is good Italian food.

Don't be afraid to travel further down to the theater district - lots of great choices. One of our favorites is an Italian on Restaurant Row, Orso - 46th between 8th and 9th. Again, advance reservations needed. Don't forget to start with an order of pizza bread and don't be surprised if you see some Broadway stars there. Lattanzis is another great Italian on this street - we've been there (and to Orso) very often. Some people speak highly of Carmines - VERY Italian but a bit of a madhouse. And if you like Turkish food, Darvish is also in the theater district and is both good and reasonable. First time there we had a prix-fixe pre-theater menu - 3 courses for $20!

That should be a good start. You will be in an extraordinary location. Our only problem with the Hilton Club was the wait for the elevators, but I'm not really the patient type! Have a great time!

Last edited:

hudson1126

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ultra Fresh Seafood

Ultra Fresh Seafood at the Redeye Grill

Fast, friendly service. Make reservations.

www.redeyegrill.com

Redeye Grill
890 7th Avenue at 56th Street,
New York, New York 10019
Tel: 212.541.9000

skifit

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Steve re Dervish for Turkish food. The prix fixe can't be beat, the food is yummy and the room is very nice. I've been there three times in the last two months..

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you -- any others?

Great ideas we will take advantage of --any other ideas out there?

JulieC

Reaction score
I like Bond 45 on 45th street between Broadway and 7th. The cuisine is Mediteranean.

Pulse, at 45 Rockefeller Center (between 50th and 51st Streets is also interesting. It's "Healthy Asian" food. I love their seafood dishes.
If you do venture downtown, Pipa on W 19th has a very interesting menue, including a great Tapas (tasting) menu. They also have entertainment (Flamenco music & dance) starting at about 8PM. For Asian food, The Spice Market on W 13th is expensive, but very good. If you want casual dining and possibly Celeb spotting, The Spotted Pig on W 11th and Greenwich St is frequently a celebrity hang out on the weekends. No reservations and you will have to wait! Brunch on Sundays is very good. The food is hard to describe. It's usually pretty adventurous. Everything from Roast Quail to Roasted Pumpkin salad to Cubana sandwiches.

Happy Eating!

Julie

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Personally, I like Cabana, which is on 3rd Ave., between 59th and 60th St. Great Cuban food. If you get a chance, try their appetizer which has various kinds of meats inside fried Plantains. I think it's called Platanos Rellenos or something like that. Kind of a fun, Caribbean atmosphere (complete with fake Palm Trees and Salsa music), and moderately priced. Also, before you go in for dinner, put your name in at Serendipity 3 for dessert. There's usually a 1- to 2-hour wait for a table there, so, you put in your name, have dinner at Cabana, then go to Serendipity for a Frozen Hot Chocolate or a Hot Fudge Peanut Butter sundae for dessert.

Near Spamalot, which is just about in Times Square, there's a lot, but you can't go wrong with Deli Food. The Stage Deli is about 5 blocks away, or Carnegie Deli, which is about 7 blocks away. Victor's Cafe, on 52nd St., has Cuban and Spanish Food, and is quite popular. Carmine's is also in the area, but there's a long wait, and it's Italian food.