• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Sunterra just purchased our timeshare resort!

randomm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received an email that Sunterra has purchased our Misiones resort in Cabo. I'm searching everywhere for info as we use our "Break Aways" with Holiday Systems approximately 6 times a year.

Can we still use our Interval International Resort Directory?

Also will we still have access to Holiday Systems with Sunterra?

Sunterra claims in their email that our timeshare will be worth more now. Is this true?

And we will be given the opportunity to convert to a Sunterra membership, is this worth it?

Has anyone else gone through this?

Pros and Cons appreciated. This really makes me nervous. :confused:

sca6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!

Relax, take a deep breath and listen to the wisdom of your fellow Sunterra members as they will help you to understand why this is a good thing. I'm confident that you will find this system to be very worthwhile. Be patient, do your research and by all means pay attention to what your fellow Sunterra members and TUG members tell you. So come on in, the water is fine!

J

JoeMid

Search on the word 'Sunterra' here on TUG, then come back and ask more questions.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
We just received an email that Sunterra has purchased our Misiones resort in Cabo. I'm searching everywhere for info as we use our "Break Aways" with Holiday Systems approximately 6 times a year.

Can we still use our Interval International Resort Directory?

If you do nothing with respect to Sunterra you can continue to use your own membership in II and whatever Holiday Systems is.

Also will we still have access to Holiday Systems with Sunterra?

I know of no association between Holiday Systems and Sunterra. If you maintain a Holiday Systems membership and it doesn't involve giving your week to Holiday Systems I suppose you could join Sunterra and still use HSI.

Sunterra claims in their email that our timeshare will be worth more now. Is this true?
Well of course they say it will be worth more. That's their business, selling people on Club Sunterra, be it new timeshare owners or old owners at resorts they have taken over.

And we will be given the opportunity to convert to a Sunterra membership, is this worth it?
This is somthing you'll have to decide based on what you think of their system. You can see their resorts at www.sunterra.com and read a guide at https://secure.sunterra.com/US/pdf/SunGlances_Guide.pdf

Has anyone else gone through this?

I joined Club Sunterra as a Founding Member in 1998 when it was formed. Sunterra came out of Signature Resorts that had the management of my resort.

Pros and Cons appreciated. This really makes me nervous .
Browse the website given above, read the guide, as Joe says, search on the word 'Sunterra' here on TUG.

randomm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Spence

Yes, I have been doing as much research as possible. The best thing I've done is join TUG.

I have been reading your postings Spence. Thank you for providing so much info here. You are truly an asset to us TUG members. It's just that an old Dog doesn't take to new tricks very well!

Sunterra's website is confusing to me, as is the point system. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next month with our timeshare.

When we purchased our timeshare we were given 3 bonus weeks, we still have 2 remaining. I hope that will still be available to us.

If we don't join Sunterra (not sure how much they'll charge us yet) I wonder if any other timeshares will be available to us.

Time will tell..............

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
randomm said:

If we don't join Sunterra (not sure how much they'll charge us yet) I wonder if any other timeshares will be available to us.
If you don't join Club Sunterra, things should continue pretty much as they are now. You will continue to reserve your unit in the same way you currently do. If you want to exchange, you will deposit your week with an exchange company in the same way you always have done.

Last edited: