• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help. Should I buy HGV?

Holden9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation: ocean tower
Rescind right away! Do more research and buy resale.
Thank You - I did. Now I need to find the best way to get resale. Any suggestions ?

Holden9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is information for rescinding if you signed a contract.

Welcome to TUG. I agree with not purchasing this contract. You will not be happy, because it has too few points (and you are paying too much from the developer). You will be much happier with purchasing a resale. Basically, you should be able to purchase annual platinum season 7000 points resale for around $7K. So when you have this all sorted out, come back and we will be happy to discuss purchasing resale.
Thank You for your advice! Good news I never signed and dodge a bullet. Glad I found this forum. Now I am looking into resale. What do i need to know before going down this avenue?

Any Advice?

Holden9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agreed. We're still in the process of funding retirement and, when we first bought our trimeshares, we had a number of years left on the mortgage. Still have about 8 years, and closing on a very nice refi :)

Real key is that this should be money not needed for mortgage or retirement. We could give away all our timeshares and not have an impact. As it stands, we'd make money on the DVC and lose on HGVC.

Cheers.
What is DVC?
How does that stack up to HGVC?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
What is DVC?
How does that stack up to HGVC?

DVC is Disney Vacation Club. Most of their properties are located onsite at Disney parks. Nice places, but unless you plan on going to Disney often, I wouldn‘t purchase there.

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
DVC is the disney timeshare program 11 of its 15 properties are on Disney World property. It’s a great system If you plan on visiting Disney world. The direct buyin price is high but the system has strong resale value compared to other timeshare programs.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thank You - I did. Now I need to find the best way to get resale. Any suggestions?
See my post above listing resale sources.
HGVC treats resale buyers well, just like retail buyers, except for elite status.
Resale points don't count toward elite, but the benefits are not worth the added cost.

Note that Platinum season TS's get you the most points per annual MF-$.
MF's are set by size, not season. Thus, more $$ to buy, but a better deal, long term.
Also, HGVC holds a right of first refusal (ROFR) at all, except Flamingo in Vegas.
So a deal that's "too good" may fall thru, but reportedly, HGVC is not using it much.

HGVC resorts are uniformly high quality, and HGVC treats owners well.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
What do i need to know before going down this avenue?
If you tell us where you would like to travel, how often (short trips 3-4 days) and/or 1-week trips, how many people will be traveling (adults/children), and if you locked into a specific time of year (such as school schedule), then that would help with advice. Another important piece of information is if you can plan at 9 or greater months out.