• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help rescinding Holiday Inn Vacation Club timeshare

fastbrk4

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've read several articles here after realizing my wife and I made a mistake signing up yesterday, but I need help on specifics. I need to make sure I'm sending the rescission letter to the correct address and do everything correctly. Our paperwork lists "Orange Lake Land Trust" everywhere but the timeshare is supposedly in Galveston, TX. When I go to legal documents online I see two versions of the Galveston agreement one for purchased in TX one for purchased in FL. We actually were in Myrtle Beach, SC when we signed at the HICV location there. The paper doc they gave us only has 11) on page 5 for Cancellation within 5 days with no address to send to. Thanks in advance for any help or experience with this. I'm cointinuing to look and read, but wanted to get this post out quickly.

fastbrk4

Reaction score
found it! Both TX and FL show same address to cancel. Thank God I found this site. We had so many fees and extra costs dropped on us during the signing, but by then we were worn out. Never again!

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
found it! Both TX and FL show same address to cancel. Thank God I found this site. We had so many fees and extra costs dropped on us during the signing, but by then we were worn out. Never again!

You obviously found some value in what they were selling

So instead of saying never again. And maybe that was for the sales part.

I would research what you feel your needs and wants are and if TS work for that purpose then find a resale that fits the bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Grats on finding us in time to rescind and save big money!

you can find any number of timeshares to take over for next to nothing on the resale market should you wish to still consider ownership!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Buy into the right program that will work for you. I prefer mandatory resorts in the Vistana signature experiences but Hyatt is also great as is MVC. There are great programs out there. For years I cursed my high maint fees at my favorite resort. Then I learned to add more points at lower maint fees in other resorts and make it work for me. Since I did that I’ve been happier.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Just curious, how much was the TS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you don’t mind our asking, how much was the TS?

Libwhite

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacation points- Home club Galveston, but purchased at Orange Lake

rrsafety

Reaction score
You obviously found some value in what they were selling

So instead of saying never again. And maybe that was for the sales part.

I would research what you feel your needs and wants are and if TS work for that purpose then find a resale that fits the bill
“Never again” is a good place to start.

TaSolaye

Reaction score
Silverleaf owner that would like to rescind my conversion do i loose my deed in the process as that was credit for the purchase.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silverleaf owner that would like to rescind my conversion do i loose my deed in the process as that was credit for the purchase.
Yes. Everything reverts back to prior purchase. If you had a prior deed, you will keep that prior deed. If you were getting a new converted deed with purchase, you will not have that new converted deed with rescission.

Mind sharing how much rescission saved you?

Last edited:

TaSolaye

Reaction score
Yes. Everything reverts back to prior purchase. If you had a prior deed, you will keep that prior deed. If you were getting a new converted deed with purchase, you will not have that new converted deed with rescission.

Mind sharing how much rescission saved you?

Just so I am understanding correctly, part of my purchase includes the transfer of equity if I rescind the purchase the equity is transferred back. What we paid was the MFs on the SilverLeaf Unit, which we hope to get back as well.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just so I am understanding correctly, part of my purchase includes the transfer of equity if I rescind the purchase the equity is transferred back. What we paid was the MFs on the SilverLeaf Unit, which we hope to get back as well.
You will have what you had before you signed this latest contract- no more, no less. Anything you paid that you would not have paid had you not signed the contract will be returned to you.