• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help please -- Wyndham Las Vegas - need babysitter

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here I am 71 yrs old and need a babysitter :) Seriously, we are staying at Wyndham timeshare in March and need a sitter for our two grandsons. It has been a hundred years at least since I have dealt with this problem.....:hysterical:

We're taking their parents to see 'O' for their birthdays and want a sitter from 7pm-11pm. Wyndham concierge gave us a phone number - but is that the best way to do these things?

Moms out there -- any suggestions? :confused:

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
If you don't know anyone in Las Vegas to babysit this is probably the best way to go. The concierge probably gave you the name of a babysitting service. They will charge a lot compared to a normal babysitter, but the person will most likely have had a background check and first aid training. Another option is to do a google search on nanny services in Las Vegas. Many nanny agencies have babysitters as well.

Since this event is in March, you probably don't need to contact the service until a couple of weeks beforehand.

Have a great time at the show!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I wonder if Fern has any recommendations. She knows everything. :)

Dave

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't know about baby sitters. :( Wish I could help, but I can't.

Fern

feistymama

Reaction score
We were in Vegas in 2007 for my 30th birthday and ran into the same thing - obviously I wanted my husband with me for my birthday dinner (all my high school friends came in for it so it was a big deal) but also obviously I didn't want to have to cut things short at 8 p.m. so my son could go to bed - this is Vegas after all :)

My friend who lives in Vegas found a nanny service - nanny (at) nanny4u.com - recommended to her by her boss. I emailed them and they put me in touch with a lovely woman - I interviewed her over the phone twice, checked all her references, etc. We were pretty nervous about leaving our son (then 10 months old) with a relative stranger but she was the nicest older lady, very down to earth, and she came to our hotel room and took excellent care of him. (Better, actually, than most of the teenage babysitters we've used.) So I'd definitely recommend that nanny service.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you -- I'll research that!

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern: What, no help? You are our Las Vegas 'bible' -- lol

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yipes!!! Should I expect to pay close to $80-$100 for 4 hours of babysitting in Vegas?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Certainly less than two O tickets, if you look at it that way.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy: Well now, when you put it that way ..... :)