• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help, please. Looking to exchange from 2 HRCs to Maui......

Rick E

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Point
Looking to exchange our 2 HRC weeks to go to one fantastic week at Hyatt Ka’anapali in Maui. Before we put our request in, can someone give us some advice on what unit/floor we should request? I see that we can make those requests. However, if we make those requests, can it decrease the likelihood of us getting a week we want? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't really choose the unit if you exchange during the CUP period. Best approach is to put in a waitlist request a year in advance and hope for the best.

eddeeeee

Reaction score
Any oceanfront unit will be fantastic. There are about 4-5 on the ground floor that walk out directly onto a lawn. That may or may not be desired depending on whether you like other people walking in the grass at eye level to you. Some of the shrubs will also somewhat block your view of the ocean, but you will still see it, just with some shrubbery. Floors up to around floor 4 have some palm trees in your view. I believe above floor 7, you look over the Hyatt next door too and have amazing views, but you can see the solar panels on the roof of the Hyatt. All 2 and 3 bedroom units are oceanfront. Half of the one bedrooms are ocean front and the other half are Mountain View. The Mountain View units do have a window in the master bedroom that has a view of the ocean. I am only letting you know of minor issues, and I personally like seeing the palm trees in my view as I look out toward the ocean and the island of Lanai. Truly, all the ocean front views and units are AMAZING. I own a one bedroom Mountain View unit and love watching the rainbows dance between the clouds and mountains throughout the afternoon on most days. The only unit that is not good is unit 3201. Do not get that one unless you just want to be there. The windows in the master bedroom are blocked halfway up by a roofline about 10-20' away from the window.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
look what I just saw .. but I cant use it because I already have travel plans for these dates booked elsewhere. And here I am sitting with 3000 Plus LCUP points that will expire tonight and I can't use them for this. 13 SEP 2019 at 12:29AM MDT. Perry and this is a club inventory - Not Portfolio Points Inventory.
upload_2019-9-13_0-29-24.png