• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TNHome

Reaction score
Got it, advice is to rescind. Are all costs ex. Closing fee etc. returned?

Next step: Can I get
educated by current Wyndham owners or where can I find answers...

I'm in process of reading all the disclosures.

Just purchased 127,000 points in TN Smokies as first time owner. We travel a lot and feel our family would benefit from the better accomodations versus hotel (and future use). We are also starting to travel a lot abroad.

Are the program fees mentioned by other posters (ex. .60 (off memory) etc. per 1000) in addition to the maintenance fees?

Re: assessments... how common are those and what has your experience been. For example, if you started in Florida and hurricane came how does/did that affect you?

Anyone buy Wydnham then resale after or vice versa? Pros and cons (other than cost please).

Are we better off to become a member of RCI and purchase vacations cash?

Anyone roll points into vacation rental program? If someone does not take the week you reserved or only takes partial you lose your points given?

As Discovery owners we were not charged housekeeping credits.

Are all owners charged a booking fee?

Are non VIP owners always charged a housekeeping charge?
Is it the same charge per stay whether it is 1 day or 7 days? (Saw the housekeeping chart based on length of stay and size of unit).

Have you been happy with your points use?

Do you get copies of the annual and board meetings?

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would advise you to RESCIND IMMEDIATELY in view of your long list of questions.

Study up, do your homework, and then make an informed decision to purchase.

Purchasing on the resale market will cost you just pennies on the dollar!

Remember, you can return to buy at anytime, but you can only rescind for a few short days!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Rescind! Research resale as poster has already said.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just purchased 127,000 points in TN Smokies as first time owner.
Not to pick points, but you were "SOLD" 127,000 points. You were on vacation, and you were offered a free gift. From there, you were enveloped in the intoxicating world of timeshare and how magical it is. Unfortunately, you need to step back. Ask yourself the question, "What was I thinking? I spend more time researching a TV purchase than I spent on this." Follow the advice above. Get out of this thing, and start learning about what you purchased. You can always purchase this later, but if you don't rescind, you will be stuck with it forever. AND, read the damn contract. It will tell you a lot of what you own. And, join Tug. It's only $15.00

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Got it, advice is to rescind. Are all costs ex. Closing fee etc. returned?

Next step: Can I get
educated by current Wyndham owners or where can I find answers...

I'm in process of reading all the disclosures.

Just purchased 127,000 points in TN Smokies as first time owner. We travel a lot and feel our family would benefit from the better accomodations versus hotel (and future use). We are also starting to travel a lot abroad.

Are the program fees mentioned by other posters (ex. .60 (off memory) etc. per 1000) in addition to the maintenance fees?

Re: assessments... how common are those and what has your experience been. For example, if you started in Florida and hurricane came how does/did that affect you?

Anyone buy Wydnham then resale after or vice versa? Pros and cons (other than cost please).

Are we better off to become a member of RCI and purchase vacations cash?

Anyone roll points into vacation rental program? If someone does not take the week you reserved or only takes partial you lose your points given?

As Discovery owners we were not charged housekeeping credits.

Are all owners charged a booking fee?

Are non VIP owners always charged a housekeeping charge?
Is it the same charge per stay whether it is 1 day or 7 days? (Saw the housekeeping chart based on length of stay and size of unit).

Have you been happy with your points use?

Do you get copies of the annual and board meetings?
Rescind. Closing costs are returned. I bought 353k Wyndham pts for $4. You are paying way too much. How much would you save with rescission? Really, only con is not being able to book WorldMark. But that is not worth the money you paid. You can always buy WorldMark resale for $3k.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Program fees are in addition to MF, but Wyndham gives you RCI membership that usually costs $100.

You get housekeeping credits. Wyndham doesn’t have a booking fee, but RCI often does especially with Wyndham pts. Rental vacation programs are crap.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thank you everyone!
follow the advice here and you’ll be fine. When you say travel abroad where do you intend on going? What destinations?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you everyone!
To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We had discovery 126,000 plus bonus points 174000 to get us to 300k points...

Around $20k, 3rd year drops to 126k points.
So you rescinded?? Excellent! Congrats. Now if you want that timeshare go get it for free on the resale market. @Grammarhero it looks like $20,000

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Russia, Germany, France
To be honest, timeshares are blah for international travel, hotels and airbnb are a much better option in Europe. Not many timeshare options for international travel. International with the exception of Caribbean and Mexico, no need to a TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Attachments

• FAC32F90-4B26-40F2-BC54-018A9BDCB6B6.png
    FAC32F90-4B26-40F2-BC54-018A9BDCB6B6.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 50D37198-F0C5-40FB-9BE6-D4C6039B66EE.png
    50D37198-F0C5-40FB-9BE6-D4C6039B66EE.png
    106 KB · Views: 23

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@Grammarhero i feel like I’m you’re little stooge tagging you on every rescission thread I see haha

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
@Grammarhero, now knowing about timesharenation.com, you should of saved that buck for a medium coffee at McDonalds to enjoy in your way to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@Grammarhero, now knowing about timesharenation.com, you should of saved that buck for a medium coffee at McDonalds to enjoy in your way to work.

Why does TSN sound familiar??

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Just learned about it from this thread. Seems inventory traded in is given away there. Transfer and closing cost are included. In some cases, 2020 maintenance is paid so you get a free year too.

Yes yes yes haha that’s right, I’ve “shopped” there before lol. Good traders sometimes

nothing good right now. Last time I inquired about a property they sent me documents to sign for Wyndham points, when i was inquiring about an MVC. That was suspect lol

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Russia, Germany, France
Diamond has great options in uk and europe. Many owners have been happy with the Paris ones, amazing options in England including 16th century manors, eastern europe, Greece, Italy, Many popular ones in Spain. Diamond has a euro division... its the main reason i bought in. Dm me if you need specific info.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk