• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Need Hotel at Edinburgh airport!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am trying to book one night at Edinburgh airport for our departure back to the states and am coming up with ZERO availability! Our flight departs at 9:25 am June 23rd and we are staying about 1.5 hours away in Fife. With having to check in 3 hours ahead we would have to leave like 4am! We figured we would check out from the timeshare the day before and drive to the airport so we would already be there for the morning flight, but there is nothing! And this is only March! Any suggestions? We have to return our rental car, etc.:confused:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
deleted by poster

Last edited:

wgaldred

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could try one of the premier inn hotels, there is one at the south end of the forth bridge (south queensferry) which is about a 10 minute drive to the airport (june 23 is a saturday so the roads will be quiet in the morning)
http://www.premierinn.com.
There is also the Dakota hotel in South Queensferry (across the motorway from the premier inn) if you wanted to hand your car in a day early, the Dakota has free airport shuttle, although the room price is over double of the premier inn.
http://www.dakotahotels.co.uk/hotels/edinburgh

Willie

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You could try one of the premier inn hotels, there is one at the south end of the forth bridge (south queensferry) which is about a 10 minute drive to the airport (june 23 is a saturday so the roads will be quiet in the morning)
http://www.premierinn.com.
There is also the Dakota hotel in South Queensferry (across the motorway from the premier inn) if you wanted to hand your car in a day early, the Dakota has free airport shuttle, although the room price is over double of the premier inn.
http://www.dakotahotels.co.uk/hotels/edinburgh

Willie

Thanks. I might do the Premier in Queensferry. The site only allows for me to reserve for 2 adults and we are 3 adults, but it does let me request a cot. Supposedly there are so-called Family rooms with pull out sofas...Is anyone familiar with these rooms? We do not want to book 2 rooms -that's for sure.

It is closer to the airport than driving from Kilconquhar, although we just realized that the sun rises at 4:30am, which might not make the drive so bad if we leave by 5 or 5:30 am. I believe it takes about 1 hour or more. From Queensferry, it is about 15-18 minutes, so we are not really saving that much time, but certainly it is less miles to drive that morning. ( I am still obsessing about even renting/driving a car. Would be easier to just get a driver to pick us up at the airport and drop us off when we leave and do some tours from the resort. Might end up costing us the same $)

As for the Dakota, they do not have shuttles on Saturday mornings! I was very surprised that a lot of the available city hotels do not have shuttles, even though they are under 10 miles away! We do not want to drive into the city- we wanted to get rid of our car the night before at the airport and then just take an early shuttle to the airport if we couldn't get a room at the airport.

Can't believe I can't get an airport room. I guess the economy isn't as bad as we are led to believe!

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I saw this one, for your date, for 3 people: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...tel_Edinburgh_Airport-Edinburgh_Scotland.html It may not be the Hilton, but seemed to have what you want- a bed- breakfast, a shuttle, and priced from $117.

There were also others listed that I didn't check your dates/requirements.

Don't know where you have heard that the economy is bad- but it isn't the travel sector.

Jim

Thanks, but it does not come up as available for Friday, 6/22. I checked it again via your link.

PS What- you haven't heard the economy if bad and you live in the US? But - you're right. People always seem to find money to travel!

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked Booking.com? That's my go to site for hotels :)

Here is a link for a hotel that has rooms for June 22 that might work for you. Rated only a Good, but may do for just one night. I did not read any reviews for any of the hotels so be sure to check that out yourself. It doesn't have a shuttle but is near the train station that has a direct train to the airport. The rate is relatively cheap too - so maybe arranging for a taxi that morning to take you to the airport would work better and still not break the bank.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/bor...6-23;srfid=c7c211f6286dc28c9cd9a01d5f94d78eX4

The one hotel available with a shuttle was over 3x the price of this budget one above. I'd personally take the cheaper one and go for the taxi!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks. I did look at that site. I guess our thought was to get rid of the rental car at the airport the day before and BE at the airport ready to go the next morning. Or, be very close to the airport- minus the car - and take a shuttle back and forth, but couldn't make it work with what's available. We decided to just get up early and drive to the airport. It will be early Sat. and quiet and the sun will be up already, so it won't be so bad....

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did look at that site. I guess our thought was to get rid of the rental car at the airport the day before and BE at the airport ready to go the next morning. Or, be very close to the airport- minus the car - and take a shuttle back and forth, but couldn't make it work with what's available. We decided to just get up early and drive to the airport. It will be early Sat. and quiet and the sun will be up already, so it won't be so bad....

That works too :)