• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help - Mexico Rescission [MERGED]

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure that any buyer that signed the original purchase agreement also signs the rescission agreement.

Additionally, you may want to consider mailing a copy of your rescission to Profeco (Mexican Govt.) who enforce the Mexican Laws. I don't have the address off hand, but maybe Karen G. who moderates the Mexico Forum may see this and post the address for you. You can also search the threads on the Mexico Forums yourself.

Best of luck to you or your good friend ;)

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
ARTICLE 56.- The contract shall be perfected five business days from the delivery of the good sold or the signing of the contract, whichever comes later. During such term, the consumer shall be entitled to revoke his consent, without any liability whatsoever. The revocation shall be made by giving notice or by delivering the good sold in person, through registered mail or through other means to serve such notice in a legally unquestionable manner. The revocation made pursuant this article shall render the transaction null and void, and the supplier shall reimburse the price paid to the consumer. In this case, the freight and insurance costs shall be borne by the consumer. With respect to services, the above shall not apply if the date when the service is rendered is within ten business days or less from the date of the purchase order.

Article 56 is the legal option to cancel in Mexico. What is required is a cancelation notice that complies with Article 56 and is documented. Email is easily documented with a time and date. Because you are at the last day the email to the member service should include recipients Profeco and yourself. So the email should include the member service and any other email you have that is related to the resort, yourself and Profeco, extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx and denunciasprofeco@profeco.gob.mx Request delivery confirmation and a return reciept with your email if you can. You can also let Amex know and add them to the email recipients.

You should also send out the letter through registered mail in accordance with Article 56.

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You must have a reason for rescinding, more than I changed my mind.
Is this something unique to Mexico? I am not aware that any such reasoning is required to rescind. Can you quote specific text from the law that specifies such?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to rescind, but to cancel on your credit card. If anyone has disputed a charge for a timeshare or really anything they know what I’m talking about. You have to have a valid reason to win the dispute.
No I cant quote the law or even the credit card agreement rules on this.
I know because I’ve had to do it a few times and know the process and how it’s done. Even if you send paperwork to rescind you should still contact your credit card company and cancel the charge because things happen.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not to rescind, but to cancel on your credit card. If anyone has disputed a charge for a timeshare or really anything they know what I’m talking about. You have to have a valid reason to win the dispute.
I know because I’ve had to do it a few times and know the process and how it’s done. Even if you send paperwork to rescind you should still contact your credit card company and cancel the charge because things happen.
I got it now. I thought you meant to rescind since you specifically indicated you needed a reason for rescinding.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Then they should also double check the email address too as it says Vidal in there as well
The L in the e-mail is for Lifestyles. Pura Vida Lifestyles . com :)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not to split hairs here but are you sending via registered mail or certified mail? There's a slight difference and the method stipulated in the rescission instructions usually says certified mail.

Article 56 from Profeco specifically says "registered mail" but certified mail is registered mail with a receipt to the sender from what I can tell. Either should be fine, imo.

Bill

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Be sure that any buyer that signed the original purchase agreement also signs the rescission agreement.

Additionally, you may want to consider mailing a copy of your rescission to Profeco (Mexican Govt.) who enforce the Mexican Laws. I don't have the address off hand, but maybe Karen G. who moderates the Mexico Forum may see this and post the address for you. You can also search the threads on the Mexico Forums yourself.

Best of luck to you or your good friend ;)

Here's a link for Profeco: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/images/pdf/documentacion/consumer.pdf

This link contains a mailing address: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montre...s/services-foreigners/318-consumer-protection

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes, this happened to us. I think they ask why we were disputing the charge. I asked what they meant. They gave some examples like unauthorized charges, fraud and maybe something else of why the charge could be disputed. Our claim was fraud to our credit card when we disputed a charge from a Mexican timeshare sale. The fraud was misleading us to believe the product had value enough to be sold at a profit like regular real estate.

Bill

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Sunday is the 5th day, and since it's Sunday and not an official 'Business' day, you can send the letter with Monday's timestamped postmark, but Debra, you're cutting this awfully close. Relying on a technicality is not a good plan, but LEGALLY you win. Do is a favor and let us know when you get your payment refunded. We'd like to tell others.

Jim

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Yes, this happened to us. I think they ask why we were disputing the charge. I asked what they meant. They gave some examples like unauthorized charges, fraud and maybe something else of why the charge could be disputed. Our claim was fraud to our credit card when we disputed a charge from a Mexican timeshare sale. The fraud was misleading us to believe the product had value enough to be sold at a profit like regular real estate.

Bill

Bill
Sunday is the 5th day, and since it's Sunday and not an official 'Business' day, you can send the letter with Monday's timestamped postmark, but Debra, you're cutting this awfully close. Relying on a technicality is not a good plan, but LEGALLY you win. Do is a favor and let us know when you get your payment refunded. We'd like to tell others.

Jim

I sent out the rescinding letter this morning by registered mail, return receipt.
I also emailed a copy to member services and Profeco yesterday(Sunday).
Hoping for the best.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I will give you an update when I know how it all goes.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen

Bill
Thank you, I will call AXP.

idahorider336

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent out the rescinding letter this morning by registered mail, return receipt.
I also emailed a copy to member services and Profeco yesterday(Sunday).
Hoping for the best.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I will give you an update when I know how it all goes.
So what happened?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score