• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me out of Wyndham hooks

Brandonj82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Got bamboozled in Tennessee in October 5th , by the folks at a Wyndham timeshare. Got home on the 7th contacted the sales guy said I needed an address to send cancellation letter he gave me an address . We hand wrote a letter telling them we wanted out (we were given a 10 day period ) sent the letter and waited didn’t hear anything contacted the sales guy again to double check it was canceled he texted back “I think so” . We then called and canceled our credit cards and today we got a bill for maintenance fees . I called the sales guy name Bernie . He referred me to a female named Bernie she called me back and said yes you are canceled not active you do not owe that money . I said well the lady at the number says it is active and it’s not canceled . She then says well you need to call Vegas . She asked if I had a member number I read it to her she says wow it says it’s an active deed . Said to call Vegas on Monday . Hindsight says I should have sent verified mail . Does anyone have any tips from here other than bend over ? Please help and thanks in advance

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The only advice I can offer is too be persistent and keep pressing the issue. Sit down and write out an exact timeline of the date/times you talked with Wyndham - both up until today and going forward. Include any supporting documentation - i.e. screen shots of the text conversations, and (hopefully) cell phone records of the calls you placed.

Yes, it would be absolutely helpful to have stone cold proof that you sent the cancellation letter. But be persistent and dont give up is the best strategy going forward. If none of the above gets the situation resolved, then a lawyer is your next best step. But doing all the legwork and having that paper trail will make their job easier (and hopefully reduce your legal bill).

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Keep fighting...and documenting....but I DO NOT understand why you would not have sent it certified or with tracking...

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bamboozled is putting it nicely.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Unfortunately you did one thing right (sending a letter within the rescission period), and a lot of things wrong. The address to cancel was written in your contract. Contacting anyone in sales doesn't help nor are they obligated by law to help you to rescind and this includes providing the correct address. Did you make a copy of the letter you hand wrote? Do you know the address that you sent the letter to? You didn't send it certified or with any proof of date of mailing or tracking. I am imagining you didn't take a picture of the envelope with the postmark on it. The only paper trail you have is a text from your salesperson saying he thinks it was cancelled- which would be considered a perfectly acceptable response if you followed the procedure.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you did one thing right (sending a letter within the rescission period), and a lot of things wrong. The address to cancel was written in your contract. Contacting anyone in sales doesn't help nor are they obligated by law to help you to rescind and this includes providing the correct address. Did you make a copy of the letter you hand wrote? Do you know the address that you sent the letter to? You didn't send it certified or with any proof of date of mailing or tracking. I am imagining you didn't take a picture of the envelope with the postmark on it. The only paper trail you have is a text from your salesperson saying he thinks it was cancelled- which would be considered a perfectly acceptable response if you followed the procedure.
More sales deception and trickery. Sales knows all the tricks in the book. Does anyone believe Wyndham doesn't know this BS goes on daily?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the address the sales person gave you was correct. I have a sneaking suspicion it was not.
I'm betting the address was bogus. If so, I'm also betting you are screwed. There is one way to cancel properly and apparently you didn't do it...

George

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Got bamboozled in Tennessee in October 5th , by the folks at a Wyndham timeshare. Got home on the 7th contacted the sales guy said I needed an address to send cancellation letter he gave me an address . We hand wrote a letter telling them we wanted out (we were given a 10 day period ) sent the letter and waited didn’t hear anything contacted the sales guy again to double check it was canceled he texted back “I think so” . We then called and canceled our credit cards and today we got a bill for maintenance fees . I called the sales guy name Bernie . He referred me to a female named Bernie she called me back and said yes you are canceled not active you do not owe that money . I said well the lady at the number says it is active and it’s not canceled . She then says well you need to call Vegas . She asked if I had a member number I read it to her she says wow it says it’s an active deed . Said to call Vegas on Monday . Hindsight says I should have sent verified mail . Does anyone have any tips from here other than bend over ? Please help and thanks in advance

What was the address used to send the rescission letter?

katsgoods

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Wyndham
I need out of my Worldmark Wyndham contract, has anyone used any of the Timeshare exit companies with any success?
I have been quoted about $4,000 to start and they all have a credit worthy company to track and protect any credit reporting dings from Wyndham. I have also disputed my contract with Wyndham Cares/Ovations with little response on a case they supposedly made on my behave. I literally put down $10 as a down payment and got swindled into a vacation club credit account for $2800 down when I specifically signed the credit card account with a 0 in the spot where it states how much down payment would be charged to this credit card account.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never pay anything upfront. Once they have your money they place cheap adds and it never gets sold and maintenance fees continue. Try selling it yourself on TUG.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I need out of my Worldmark Wyndham contract, has anyone used any of the Timeshare exit companies with any success?
I have been quoted about $4,000 to start and they all have a credit worthy company to track and protect any credit reporting dings from Wyndham. I have also disputed my contract with Wyndham Cares/Ovations with little response on a case they supposedly made on my behave. I literally put down $10 as a down payment and got swindled into a vacation club credit account for $2800 down when I specifically signed the credit card account with a 0 in the spot where it states how much down payment would be charged to this credit card account.

If you read through the info in this forum and the TUG website you will see it is never advised to pay anybody or company any type of upfront fee to get rid of your timeshare. Once you give them the money what incentive do they have to sell it? A truly legitimate company will take their commission/fees out of the sales proceeds or bill you after the sale is final. Would you pay a real estate agent their commission when you list your house for sale or after it is sold?

~Diane

katsgoods

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Wyndham
I'm not trying to sell it I want my contract canceled to be null & void. I have contacted a major news investigation team and they reached out to me to hear more of my story I hope they can help.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Instead of an exit company, you’re better off contacting an attorney in your local area. If they have an established office, they are less likely to take your money and run. If the local attorney is unable to help because they don’t have the specialized skills you need, ask for a referral. The cost to hire an attorney is roughly the same you would pay an exit company. So go with the people you can meet face to face.

With that said, unless you can prove wrong doing, your chances of getting out of a financial obligation you agreed to pay are slim. If it were easy and didn’t ding your credit rating, everyone and their mother would be trying to get out of financial obligations all the time. There is a reason they make you sign all that paperwork. They want to make sure that you know, you are under an obligation to pay back the loan. An attorney would know what your chances are, better then I, but there is no magic fix. No secret that only that exit company knows. It’s all marketing and a scam. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a copy nof the paper you signed that shows that zero ($0) would be assessed, and then it was modified afterward? That would constitute fraud, and you could sue the socks off the seller. Any personal injury law firm would jump at the chance like this. However if you don't have the proof, it becomes a 'He said, She said' deal, and since they have the contract, you're sunk. TUGger @Grammarhero tracks these things including the liklihood of collection and/or credit damage done to those who simply default. Those exit outfits can't do anything that you can't do yourself. If you get a negative credit report, you have the right to write a rebuttal or mitigating letter that would accompany any credit report requested. Experience has shown that many creditors don't look too negatively on timeshare defaults, as their sales tactics are well known and generally reviled, PLUS defaulting on them gives you more disposable income, presumably to buy whatever they're selling.

In short, I wouldn't hire any 'exit' company. Good Luck, and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you still within the recession period?? If so send a recession letter and you will be out.

if you signed a valid contract and the allowable recession period has already passed- congratulations you own a timeshare.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
No, this person is not within the rescission period. This is the result of not cancelling the correct way. You should never call anyone to ask how to cancel. Always do as the paperwork says, and then have the proof that the cancellation was accepted by Wyndham. That return receipt with a signature is so important.

Keep pressing the matter. Make sure Wyndham knows how you went about the cancellation and be pushy about it. That is ridiculous that you received a MF bill.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Yes there is a correct way but I think everyone is being a little harsh. A normal person would probably think I can call the sales guy and figure this out. I would think if there is proof of the phone call and any proof of a address given to them they will have a good chance to get out of this if they fight hard enough.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
For Wyndham defaults, 0 out of 3 Tug users reported credit score deceases. For defaults for Ts without loans, 3 out of 12 tug users reported credit score decreases. For defaults for Ts with loans, 3 out of 4 tug users reports credit score decreases. Good luck!

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
For Wyndham defaults, 0 out of 3 Tug users reported credit score deceases. For defaults for Ts without loans, 3 out of 12 tug users reported credit score decreases. For defaults for Ts with loans, 3 out of 4 tug users reports credit score decreases. Good luck!

I love my TS....but curiosity is killing the cat.....do you know how "many points" the credit score decreased? Just curious. thanks, Bob

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I love my TS....but curiosity is killing the cat.....do you know how "many points" the credit score decreased? Just curious. thanks, Bob
One person reported a 75 pt decrease from about 825 to 750. Two others reported credit decreases from about 700 to 650. Me thinks the credit decreases are more dramatic for those with very high credit scores.

Shayna2

Reaction score
Help, signed Timeshare contact with Wyndham Vacations Resorts Inc. in New York City yesterday December 5, 2019. The Document states that we have 7 business days to cancel, they however did not provide any info as to how to rescind in the contract. The address for the seller is Wyndham Vacation Resorts inc. is 6277 Sea Harbor Dr, Orlando FL 3281 as per the purchase agreement. Is that the address we send the letter of rescind to?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
the sticky - (perm . does not move thread )- 4th thread down at the top of the TUG Wyndham forum titled - HELP ...... will give all the needed information to rescind .