• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Just bought 4bd Vacation Village at Williamsburg

Reaction score
Hello! My wife and I and our five kids are new to time sharing… We just bought a four bedroom at the colonies at Williamsburg. We got week 12 gold card with unlimited weeks and weekends. We paid 23k. Is that worth it? Any happy Vacation Village people here? The reviews are terrible online but they have 500k owners? I don’t know…we did this to travel with our kids more and I don’t want to regret this. Still have 6 days to cancel….

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! My wife and I and our five kids are new to time sharing… We just bought a four bedroom at the colonies at Williamsburg. We got week 12 gold card with unlimited weeks and weekends. We paid 23k. Is that worth it? Any happy Vacation Village people here? The reviews are terrible online but they have 500k owners? I don’t know…we did this to travel with our kids more and I don’t want to regret this. Still have 6 days to cancel….
cancel and research what you want it will be there again if you really want it follow the instructions to the tee and cancel immediately would be my advise
Daniel

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
If you don't understand what you bought, you should cancel. Then take your time learning how the system works, and find something to buy resale.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Agree with Daniel. What Daniel didn't say is, there is a secondary market for timeshares. That means you'll find you can get what you're looking for MUCH cheaper than that $23k you just committed to.

Timeshares are wonderful tools to get those wonderful vacations you want. Check out TUG's marketplace, Redweek, and even eBay. You'll find some for a $1 (yes that price is legit).

I am a "happy Vacation Village owner." Most of those bad reviews you're reading are from people who didn't understand what they were buying and didn't find TUG in time to realize their mistake.

So, cancel that contract, do your due diligence, and buy what you feel is the best fit for you and your family on the secondary market.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Rescind, rescind now, and don't even think twice about it.

You can go back anytime you want to purchase but you only have a few short days in which you can rescind.

Keep in mind that most timeshares are worth little or nothing, and can be had for as little as a dollar (or even free). With that said, why not research eBay and see how little it will cost you to replicate your recent purchase?

Follow the rescission directions exactly and buy resale instead.

Welcome to TUG.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
make sure you send a letter via US mail and pay extra to get a receipt of it being delivered--very important. Mail to the address in your info packet listed for rescissions. Do not just mail to sales office. You must do this ASAP--do it today. There is a small window of time to rescind. If you decide you want this TS, there are many in Wllmbg that you can buy resale for under $5,000 and likely under $1,000. Read and ask questions on TUG for at least a few weeks before buying anything. Good luck and be happy you found TUG! We all have timeshares on TUG and most of us love them. Be resale and put that extra $ in your kids' college fund. Elaine

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello! My wife and I and our five kids are new to time sharing… We just bought a four bedroom at the colonies at Williamsburg. We paid 23k. Is that worth it? An

we did this to travel with our kids more and I don’t want to regret this.
Still have 6 days to cancel….
Rescind and research & buy resale

A 4 bedroom makes sense with 5 kids.
Timeshare vacation use makes sense with 5 kid.

BUT - you can get what will work for your family for a much lower initial cost thru resale.
as @rboesl and others have stated.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We have a different resort within the Vacation Village group that is in RCI Points. We paid Zero dollars! We got it from some older folks who didnt want to travel any more due to health issues. They even paid the transfer / closing fees. We also get a bonus week with it. We can go to any resort and stay in the same size/type of unit on the same week as anybody who paid thousands for theirs.

As others have said, rescind while you can following the instructions in your paperwork (usually near the signatures page) to the letter and then do your research. When you figure out what you want watch for a free or cheap one and enjoy your vacations for just the annual maintenance fee and no loan payments.

~Diane

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can rescind, Please read about purchasing a resale villa; at this timeshare resort. You may be able to save $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 dollars.

Please read the information from the TUG WEBSITE. It can be found under: HELP & ADVICE.

Please do your homework.
Good luck.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I bought a four bedroom week 37 at Colonies at Williamsburg back in 2018 on the resale market for $1 in comparison. While this article is written for Wyndham timeshare owners - the concepts really apply universally to any/all timeshare ownership - RESCIND now while you can - you have only a precious few days to rescind (if you are still in the rescission window that is), you have the rest of your natural life to rent and buy timeshares on the resale market for pennies on the dollar:

How you rescind should be outlined in the rescission clause in your VV timeshare contract - read it and send your rescission letter today! :cool:

Sanwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploria Pocono mountains, Summer Bay, Grand Palms Resort MB, Grande Villas Resort
Just curious and want to learn more about the system... Anyine please explain what did the OP mean "unlimited weeks and weekends"? Thanks!!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Vacation Village at Williamsburg (formerly Williamsburg Plantation) is a decent resort to use for exchanging in Interval International, but week 12 isn't terribly good. Here is the current Travel Demand Index from Interval for that area - week 12 is around 75 in the range from 50 to 150. The optimum weeks to own there are weeks 23 through 34.

2022_TDI_29.jpg

As others have emphasized, a developer purchase is not a good way to spend the $23K. You can get a 4 BR week for free from Timeshare Nation - They're currently giving away a week 22, which is just before the best weeks and comes in around 145 for TDI, or a week 20, which has a 100 TDI. Both of those are 4 BR weeks.

Research and do your due diligence. If you've already determined that you want to own that size unit at that resort, I would suggest rescinding and asking for the week 22 from TSN instead. I've picked up several great trading TS ownerships from them over the last couple of years and you really can't beat the price.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Will cancel in person tomorrow.

You might be better off sending the letter as specified in the contract. Going back to the sales department to cancel will subject you to quite a lot of attempts at persuasion and leave you without any documentary evidence that you rescinded the contract - the sales department has a large incentive to have this contract go through due to the commissions they earn and might be tempted to sit on your notification until after it's too late or actually "lose" it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Do send the letter to cancel. That way you have proof with the return receipt you get from the post office.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Sanwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploria Pocono mountains, Summer Bay, Grand Palms Resort MB, Grande Villas Resort
Vacation Village at Williamsburg (formerly Williamsburg Plantation) is a decent resort to use for exchanging in Interval International, but week 12 isn't terribly good. Here is the current Travel Demand Index from Interval for that area - week 12 is around 75 in the range from 50 to 150. The optimum weeks to own there are weeks 23 through 34.

2022_TDI_29.jpg

As others have emphasized, a developer purchase is not a good way to spend the $23K. You can get a 4 BR week for free from Timeshare Nation - They're currently giving away a week 22, which is just before the best weeks and comes in around 145 for TDI, or a week 20, which has a 100 TDI. Both of those are 4 BR weeks.

Research and do your due diligence. If you've already determined that you want to own that size unit at that resort, I would suggest rescinding and asking for the week 22 from TSN instead. I've picked up several great trading TS ownerships from them over the last couple of years and you really can't beat the price.
Hello, as far as for TDI in II, if a VV at Williamsburg week is advertised as an 1-52 float but it's deeded week #12... To get the best trading power out of this week, can If I reserve a week with TDI of 150 and deposit it into II? Or it goes by my deeded week? Thank you!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can hand write the letter, it can be simple.....
"I/we, [insert your name and name of any other person on the contract], are exercising our legal right to rescind contract #. Please refund any and all deposit funds as soon as possible."
Yours,

And then be sure that anyone that signed the contract signs the recission letter. I would probably make a copy of it--the front desk may do this for you, or you can stop by an Office Depot/Kinkos/Staples on the way to the PO--and then be sure to mail it exactly as instructed in the recission area of the contract, keeping a receipt to prove date of mailing. The date you *mail* it is all the matters; it doesn't matter when they receive it.

Here's the thread that talks you through it step-by-step.

Then come back to TUG, research more, and learn how to get that same vacation you thought was worth $23K for just pennies to those dollars. :)

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Good advice, recind and rent a few before buying.

Reaction score
I’m free of it
Yes, you can hand write the letter, it can be simple.....
"I/we, [insert your name and name of any other person on the contract], are exercising our legal right to rescind contract #. Please refund any and all deposit funds as soon as possible."
Yours,

And then be sure that anyone that signed the contract signs the recission letter. I would probably make a copy of it--the front desk may do this for you, or you can stop by an Office Depot/Kinkos/Staples on the way to the PO--and then be sure to mail it exactly as instructed in the recission area of the contract, keeping a receipt to prove date of mailing. The date you *mail* it is all the matters; it doesn't matter when they receive it.

Here's the thread that talks you through it step-by-step.

Then come back to TUG, research more, and learn how to get that same vacation you thought was worth $23K for just pennies to those dollars. :)

I’m free of it! It’s done. Dropped the letter off at the sales office this morning with proof of receipt. Also sent a duplicate copy via fedEx with delivery confirmation required.

Loan officer already called me to confirm receipt and that I’m out of the contract. Thank you all so so much.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP. Thanks you.
The salestaff is going to call and offer you a better deal.
Do not. Do not answer your telephone or reply to any email offer from the resort.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
some TS laws are tricky. did the documents say fedex was OK, or did it say USPS or mail? Virginia’s law says “mail” or in person. Sounds like you’re fine as you got in person receipt.
Personally, I’d be overly cautious also drop one off at the post office by Friday as well with return receipt. be sure to save those receipts. TS can be great and wonderful for a big family. do some research to see what suits you best.

Last edited: