• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help!! I need to rescind

ShanRay21

Reaction score
Please help! I recently (7/3/18) went to a presentation at a Wyndham resort and stupidly fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I then discovered the resell market. How can I get out of my contract with Wyndham?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Look inside your package (or on the tablet, if one was given to you) for a letter of Rescission. Follow the instructions provided in that document as stated. Do not invent new/better routes: do not phone the office; do not visit the sales office; etc.

Time is of the essence ... depending on the laws of your state and/or the laws of the timeshare location ... you may have already exceeded your time window to cancel. Make it your TOP priority right now to find the instructions given to you in your materials and to follow them. Good luck!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help! I recently (7/3/18) went to a presentation at a Wyndham resort and stupidly fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I then discovered the resell market. How can I get out of my contract with Wyndham?
Where did you buy? TODAY MAY be the 7th day- and the LAST DAY you can rescind! Just write a simple letter, I/We wish to cancel and rescind contract #____________ Dated 7/3/2018. Signed _____________Husband, _____________Wife.
Mail it Certified USPS. TODAY!

Jim

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Mail your rescission today -- by certified mail so you have proof of the date of mailing (date of mailing controls).

Follow the instructions in the materials exactly; if you cannot find them, use Jim's default language.

Everyone who signed the purchase agreement must sign the rescission letter.

Your rescission will be honored -- if it is timely.

ShanRay21

Reaction score
Look inside your package (or on the tablet, if one was given to you) for a letter of Rescission. Follow the instructions provided in that document as stated. Do not invent new/better routes: do not phone the office; do not visit the sales office; etc.

Time is of the essence ... depending on the laws of your state and/or the laws of the timeshare location ... you may have already exceeded your time window to cancel. Make it your TOP priority right now to find the instructions given to you in your materials and to follow them. Good luck!

All of the paperwork is actually dated 7/31/18. I told them that was the soonest I could make the down payment. They let me sign all the paperwork and took an imprint of my credit card in order to charge it on the 31st. I do not have any paperwork. She told me all of the paperwork would be locked in safe and sent over night once the payment has posted. Do I need to wait on paperwork or go ahead and send a letter now? Should I contact my bank and stop payment?

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would send now just to be sure. Google the address if you can. If no contract number then give any details you do have noting that no paperwork was given so no way to know contract number. I would assume it is safe to wait , but for this much money why take a chance. Send it now and later. It also would not hurt to tell the bank they are now not authorized to take the payment.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I'd suggest sending a letter now, using Passepartout's template above, by certified USPS.

To ALL: Lacking the paperwork, what address should the OP send the hand-crafted letter?

ShanRay21

Reaction score
All of the paperwork is actually dated 7/31/18. I told them that was the soonest I could make the down payment. They let me sign all the paperwork and took an imprint of my credit card in order to charge it on the 31st. I do not have any paperwork. She told me all of the paperwork would be locked in safe and sent over night once the payment has posted. Do I need to wait on paperwork or go ahead and send a letter now? Should I contact my bank and stop payment?

I bought in Florida and live in Georgia if that makes any difference.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought in Florida and live in Georgia if that makes any difference.
Rescission would be covered by Florida law which is 10 calendar days starting the day after you signed the contract. I think the address you send the letter to is in Law Vegas, but don't have the number memorized. Google is your friend.

Jim

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I would send your rescission letter NOW and then send it AGAIN on August 1.

If the sales staff was so sleazy as to have you sign for a post-dated sale, you need to be careful to have legally rescinded regardless of the date they will later claim was the date the deal was actually signed.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is MOST unusual- and sleazy! In this case, I'd send 2 letters. One to Wyndham at the Las Vegas address- with a cover letter explaining that you don't have even a copy of what you signed (I can't see how this is legal?!?!), and ANOTHER letter to the place where you actually signed the contract. Send BOTH of them Certified so that someone HAS to SIGN FOR them. Yes, this will add to your expense, but may save you THOUSAND$$$$!

Jim

ShanRay21

Reaction score
This is MOST unusual- and sleazy! In this case, I'd send 2 letters. One to Wyndham at the Las Vegas address- with a cover letter explaining that you don't have even a copy of what you signed (I can't see how this is legal?!?!), and ANOTHER letter to the place where you actually signed the contract. Send BOTH of them Certified so that someone HAS to SIGN FOR them. Yes, this will add to your expense, but may save you THOUSAND$$$$!

Jim

I will do this first thing tomorrow. Thanks for your help!!

ShanRay21

Reaction score
Below is the letter that I drafted to Wyndham...can someone let me know if I have included all that is needed to get out of this contract?

July 11, 2018

I attended a timeshare presentation at Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort in Daytona, Florida on 7/3/18. At that time I purchased a post-dated contract (contract is dated 7/31/18) for 176,000 points (and additional 124k given for free). I do not have a contract number as I was given absolutely no paperwork to leave the presentation. I went in and signed papers on video, but all papers were dated for 7/31/18 as that is when I told them I was able to make the down payment. The representative told me that all paperwork along with a Kindle would be mailed to me upon posting of my down payment (7/31/18). At this time I WISH TO CANCEL AND RESCIND the contract in the name of {removed name} which was signed for on 7/3/18, but is dated for 7/31/18.

I pre-authorized a down payment and monthly payments using my debit card. I wish to rescind that pre-authorization as well.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also think that a copy should go to the Florida Dept of Consumer Affairs. This having you sign a post dated contract and check, and not so much as giving you a contract number or copy so you could see if any modifications were made after they took possession worries me. Then, of course, follow up with another rescission letter if (when) they don't stop it in it's tracks.

Jim