• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help I feel stupid

Tanyali26

Reaction score
So first off I used to work in the industry many moons ago. Yesterday my dh and I went to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek presentation, I just wanted to look at the property. Dh was blown away. Long story short he signed for 68,000 points for a little under $10,000. I asked numerous times what kind of vacation if any can we get for that amount. We like to travel in July for the 4th. I was told 1 bedrooms were 5000 or, and 7000 during peak and holidays numerous times. I was told resale was not legitimate anymore, that you wouldn't get the rci membership and many other things. I was also told 2 bedrooms are 10,000 or a night 15000 during peak. I have tried to research and am finding that with 68,000 pts. We will most likely never have a vacation. Is this true. Am I right? If so I feel so green and stupid. I no nothing in the about reciending. Any advice welcome and needed.

Thank you

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having just went through this exact thing at another resort I'll try and help the best I can. Firstly, you're correct in thinking 68k points will get you very little, not even a 1 bedroom full week in the value season. The good new is that the rescission process is fairly simple. Read your contract and make sure how long you have, most say that it must be postmarked by 7 or 10 days (I'm not sure at Bonnet Creek). After that just simply send them via certified mail (to make sure they sign for it) your rescission letter (the address is in your contract). I found one on the forums here and just filled in my information. Just make sure that the person or persons that signed the contract sign it. Here's what mine looked like.

June 10, 2017

Attention Customer Service,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is xxxxxx and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. on June 5, 2017. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx, dated June 5th, 2017. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.

Owner:

Contract Number:

Member Number:

Date of Purchase: June 5th, 2017

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

It's honestly as simple as that. In just a couple of days I received notice that my letter had been signed for, and within about a week and a half all payments were either returned to my bank account / loan wiped out. So don't stress, you can still correct this. You've come to the right place, as I've found over the last month. I hope this helps.

Edit: Here's the address we sent our rescission letter to.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc.
Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go through the contract to find how to rescind and just do it because you spent $10k more than you needed to. And tonight go out for a nice meal with the family to celebrate how much money you just saved by finding this site and cancelling your deal within the 5 or 7 days you have to rescind.

Tanyali26

Reaction score
Just read I have 10 days. But now my problem is they gave us a kindle fire. No clue on how to return it. I will go through the agreement to see what it says about that.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. You heard right. 68K points doesn't get much. Resale does get MOST of the benefits of developer purchased points. Including RCI access. Write the letter- the one sampled above would work, just change the names, dates, contract number. Include a copy of the contract's signature page for identification purposes. Make sure that all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. DO NOT go near the sales office, or answer phone calls you don't recognize. They MAY try to save the sale by offering perks, lowering the price, telling more lies. They have all the answers and want your money badly.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

edited to add: return the Kindle (insured) to the sales office. Mail everything USPS Certified w/return receipt so you have proof of mailing and their receipt.

Tanyali26

Reaction score
I am so confused it says the Kindle was alternative media, we were given it instead of the book. So should I return it with the letter?

Tanyali26

Reaction score
Yup. You heard right. 68K points doesn't get much. Resale does get MOST of the benefits of developer purchased points. Including RCI access. Write the letter- the one sampled above would work, just change the names, dates, contract number. Include a copy of the contract's signature page for identification purposes. Make sure that all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. DO NOT go near the sales office, or answer phone calls you don't recognize. They MAY try to save the sale by offering perks, lowering the price, telling more lies. They have all the answers and want your money badly.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

edited to add: return the Kindle (insured) to the sales office. Mail everything USPS Certified w/return receipt so you have proof of mailing and their receipt.
Just read this thank you!

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so confused it says the Kindle was alternative media, we were given it instead of the book. So should I return it with the letter?

After I sent my rescission letter in I contacted Wyndham (be prepared to be on the phone for a while just to get through) and asked them about the kindle. They said to just keep it as a gift. I'd just call and see what they would like you to do, since I don't know if I just got lucky or if that's just standard procedure.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's human nature to believe in the honesty & sincerity of others.

A lawyer once told me:
"Sincerity is my greatest asset. Once I learned to fake that, I had it made."

Next time, remember this:
"How do you know a TS salesman is lying?... His lips are moving."

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most report that things like the kindle need to be returned, unless it what was promised as a gift to attend in the first place. If you do return it , get a receipt from them.

After I sent my rescission letter in I contacted Wyndham (be prepared to be on the phone for a while just to get through) and asked them about the kindle. They said to just keep it as a gift. I'd just call and see what they would like you to do, since I don't know if I just got lucky or if that's just standard
procedure.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If so I feel so green and stupid.
Don't feel stupid! You are actually very smart in that you found out about your ability to rescind this purchase in time to do so. Most people don't find out in time and are stuck with it.

Just follow the rescission instructions exactly, mail your letter certified mail so that you have proof you rescinded within the time period, and notify your credit card company that you've rescinded the purchase and expect a full refund of the money you paid.

Take your time to fully research how the various timeshare systems work and see if it's the best thing for your travel needs. Then take a look at all the resale opportunities out there if you decide it's best for you. Hang around TUG and you'll learn all you need to know about timeshares.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Return everything.. There is no such thing as a "free gift" when it comes to timeshares..

In Branson, travel clubs used to give away a "free gift" with purchase (often tickets for a local dinner show that had to be used that night). Then, if a customer would attempt to rescind- they'd tell them that because they had used the "gift", they had already used some of the benefits of the club and thereby voided their right to cancel. Travel clubs weren't classified under the same consumer protection laws as traditional timeshares in Missouri, so there was some weird loophole the sales weasels took advantage of to rip off consumers.

I do not believe that same strategy could be used in Florida, but I would still urge you to exercise extreme caution.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
After I sent my rescission letter in I contacted Wyndham (be prepared to be on the phone for a while just to get through) and asked them about the kindle. They said to just keep it as a gift. I'd just call and see what they would like you to do, since I don't know if I just got lucky or if that's just standard procedure.

How do you know that the person who told you this had the authority to make the decision? It is unlikely that the person who answered the phone had that authority. Send EVERYTHING back, and send it certified.

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you know that the person who told you this had the authority to make the decision? It is unlikely that the person who answered the phone had that authority. Send EVERYTHING back, and send it certified.

True, she could have very well lied. But in my case I received 100% of my money back, notice of cancellation, etc.. so I don't see what recourse they could have. I'd gladly send it back to them if they wanted it. I must have just caught them on a good day.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot believe the lies Wyndham tells people to get a sale. How do they sleep at night? Seriously!

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the lies Wyndham tells people to get a sale. How do they sleep at night? Seriously!

When I read published articles stating that some sales weasels make north of 300k annually, I could only imagine what they'd be willing to say. As long as there's potential for that type of income they'll continue to be unscrupulous.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

If what Canefan 73 said above is true that some sales people make over $300,000 annually, then I'm sure that the $300,000 will provide a nice, comfortable pillow.

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
If what Canefan 73 said above is true that some sales people make over $300,000 annually, then I'm sure that the $300,000 will provide a nice, comfortable pillow.

Here's the article that those numbers came from http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Fired-Wyndham-timeshare-fraud-whistleblower-gets-10623793.php

"Since her termination, Williams has lived with family in Virginia Beach, where she works as a hostess at Cactus Jack’s Southwest Grill. She used to make $145 an hour as a sales representative, she said; she now earns $9 an hour."

hncgregoraz

Reaction score
For the kindle, you can always put in the letter that the kindle will be returned to an address provided by wyndham, should wyndham request it be returned.

If you can't find a clear statement in the contact of where to return media/books/binders, etc.

Basically document that you are very willing to return it, and let them tell you what to do with it.

Harry

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the article that those numbers came from http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Fired-Wyndham-timeshare-fraud-whistleblower-gets-10623793.php

"Since her termination, Williams has lived with family in Virginia Beach, where she works as a hostess at Cactus Jack’s Southwest Grill. She used to make $145 an hour as a sales representative, she said; she now earns $9 an hour."

And here's a thread on TUG that discussed that article:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...suit-for-exposing-dirty-sales-tactics.248329/