• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Going to Marriott Maui Ocean Club in may

Terri Decker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
I've never been to the Maui ocean club- Trip Advisor has some pretty awful reviews about construction and out dated rooms in certain areas of the resort. Anyone have any helpful advice as to where I should request to be located? I'm also an executive level so I don't know if that helps me out at all.

we have a garden/mnt. view reserved.

Thanks for any advice!

taffy19

Reaction score
I would ask for a higher floor and you may even have a tiny ocean view.

We were there last week and there was no construction noise except for one day when they were redoing the barbequs and installing new countertops but that didn't last long.

I hope that you enjoy the resort as much as we do. The pool and and semi tropical plants are beautiful plus there is plenty of shade with the big stationary umbrellas and a beautiful beach is right in front of you.

Enjoy your time in Maui and there is plenty sightseeing to do also. :)

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never had a bad villa at MOC. We have been there over 25 times. You want a high floor. They also just completed renovations on the older section.

taffy19

Reaction score
Also, I can put the OP at ease to know that all units have been refurbished in the original towers and look very nice. After my walk on the beach, I went back to the front desk of the MOC and asked them this question.

I went to see the model on the ground floor and it looks very nice. It has a bigger refrigerator now and the space under the counter what used to have the smaller fridge has now extra storage place plus there is also storage place right next to the refrigerator that is in close vicinity of the counter space in the kitchen. They really did a nice job with the space that is available.

They seem to have changed some of the artwork again from what I have seen here posted before and it gives just enough color to make it look even nicer.

I also asked them about getting a higher floor or better view but it depends on the date stamp at this resort so it is important to make your reservations early. This is what they have always done from what I understand.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Have a great trip! And rest assured, no you don't need any help! at all. This is paradise in paradise. Don't fret, just enjoy!

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
I always request a high floor in the Molokai tower facing Napili; my favorite spot, by far. If you're interested in seeing photos of the newly renovated rooms, I posted them in this thread last September.