• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP! Family member needs to unload Wyndham and Hilton

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At some point it will be worth $1 but I will have received some sort of use benefit
My point wasn’t the TS or trucks value
It was the decision I made to buy a $75k vehicle
Was it a good or bad decision?
Only I can answer that but it was my decision and it’s up to me to pay for it

Now if I give it back. Like everyone expect they should be able to do with TS then when you go buy your next vehicle. You will pay more to cover for my poor decisions
I suspect it was the decision for the OP's relative to pay for the TS, too. We are led to believe that unforeseen circumstances is causing him to need to default. I wouldn't wish it, but there might be unforeseen circumstances under which you wouldn't pay off that Ford. That's how it is.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I suspect it was the decision for the OP's relative to pay for the TS, too. We are led to believe that unforeseen circumstances is causing him to need to default. I wouldn't wish it, but there might be unforeseen circumstances under which you wouldn't pay off that Ford. That's how it is.

Totally agree

Somehow we went off point but I do agree with that comment

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Bickering has been deleted - let it go.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you’re sort of the exception instead of the norm. Many people have lost their marbles when older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally disagree with you here.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Totally disagree with you here.

I think the marble losing is genetic

My grandfather met my kids when they were just born
We lived far away so don’t go see them.
Many years later there was a family reunion
He was like 98. Flat out asked by name how my kids were doing

My dad. Same thing. Died a few years ago from cancer. Couldn’t speak but could write

On his death bed he was still doing business

Now me? I barely remember where I live

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the marble losing is genetic

My grandfather met my kids when they were just born
We lived far away so don’t see them
Many years later there was a family reunion
He was like 98. Flat out asked by name how my kids were doing

My dad. Same thing. Died a few years ago from cancer. Couldn’t speak but could write

I’m his death bed he was still doing business

Now me? I barely remember where I live
I agree. Some of the statistics on dementia are high because there is an episode near the end of life that occurs that triggers the loss of mental acuity. My duplicate bridge partner who was sharp as a tack was battling cancer for four years. She woke up one morning incoherent, with a urinary track infection, signaling other problems. She died two months later and probably had dementia those last two months. My parents and one aunt, fine until a triggering event near the end of their lives.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
incoherent, with a urinary track infection
I'm a retired women's health care nurse practitioner, and can tell you that memory loss/confusion are frequently the primary symptom of UTI in seniors. Frequently, if you diagnose and treat the urinary tract infection, the memory issues will resolve.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a retired women's health care nurse practitioner, and can tell you that memory loss/confusion are frequently the primary symptom of UTI in seniors. Frequently, if you diagnose and treat the urinary tract infection, the memory issues will resolve.

You are spot on! Dealt with this with both my mom and MIL!!!!! This information needs to be spread far and wide!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Low potassium can cause issues with confusion, and so can dehydration and lack of proper nutrition. Our daughter-in-law's grandma, bless her heart, is not eating much and is so confused, she calls our DIL's mom in the middle of the night all week long and asks if the girls are shopping without her. The three women and our granddaughter, so four generations, like to spend Saturdays at the shopping centers around town.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
And I just want to say, a lot of lucid, intelligent people buy timeshares at retail prices, especially if the name Marriott is attached. Many people here on TUG defend their purchases of Marriott to the death, and honestly, Wyndham's Bonnet Creek is superior to most of the timeshares in Orlando for quality of stay and cleanliness, and I have heard the same about other Wyndham properties. I would rather stay at Wyndham Shearwater than any Marriott on Kauai. Wyndham is a high-quality product. Just sayin'.

lvtraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Big Bear CA
Hi Angie,

I’m sorry for all the trouble this has caused your family.
This sounds like a case of taking advantage of the elderly.
Your predicament reminded me of this YouTube video of a woman’s experiences with Wyndham:

Oh G*d Stressed me out just watching it

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you call it when a person keeps repeating the same behavior expecting a different result.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Oh G*d Stressed me out just watching it

I both felt bad for the lady and wanted to pull my hair out.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
$100 says that the lady on the video that keeps purchasing from the developer has since done it again.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$100 says that the lady on the video that keeps purchasing from the developer has since done it again.

I will take your $100. She didn’t purchase any TS after the video dated 2013, as it looks like she was blacklisted.

Life and finances have not been kind to the lady in the video. She put her real name as the YouTube Video author, so I did some legal research/investigation (ALL public info). I do NOT search up other TUG members.

In 2008, Hyatt or Westgate put a $185k lien (who buys that much in TS?) on her house. Eventually, the lady sold her Frederick house for $125k, and the TS likely took everything after the lady got her $24k homestead equity protection. The lady now rents in Silver Spring.

In 2011, she had a federal tax lien of $126k and likely did not pay taxes for 10 plus years.

She also invested $52k into a fraudulent car dealership, and she authorized $147k in attorney fees to pursue that $52k judgment. If her debtors do not pay her attorneys via garnishes, are insolvent, or are judgment proof, she’s on the hook for those attorney fees.

Guess it’s a cautionary tale not to buy TS retail (CORRECTION), and so many/much. The TS sharks will take your house.

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg
IMG_3221.jpg
IMG_3226.jpg
IMG_3227.jpg
IMG_3228.jpg

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I will take your $100. She didn’t purchase any TS after the video dated 2013, as it looks like she was blacklisted.

Life and finances have not been kind to the lady in the video. She put her real name as the YouTube Video author, so I did some legal research/investigation (ALL public info). I do NOT search up other TUG members.

In 2008, Hyatt or Westgate put a $185k lien (who buys that much in TS?) on her house. Eventually, the lady sold her Frederick house for $125k, and the TS likely took everything after the lady got her $24k homestead equity protection. The lady now rents in Silver Spring.

In 2011, she had a federal tax lien of $126k and likely did not pay taxes for 10 plus years.

She also invested $52k into a fraudulent car dealership, and she authorized $147k in attorney fees to pursue that $52k judgment. If her debtors do not pay her attorneys via garnishes, are insolvent, or are judgment proof, she’s on the hook for those attorney fees.

Guess it’s a cautionary tale not to buy TS resale, and so many/much. The TS sharks will take your house.

View attachment 12805
View attachment 12800View attachment 12801View attachment 12802View attachment 12803View attachment 12804

Looks like it was a Westgate purchase (and not Hyatt) that resulted in a $185K judgement (Hyatt was one of the names representing Westgate). As easy as this person is to get to say yes to a timeshare purchase I am not at all surprised that there was another timeshare problem in her history.

There have been discussions about consequences of timeshare foreclosures with some saying they haven’t seen any proof of ramifications. Well, here is proof right here.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We met a couple on a timeshare stay whosaid they always ending up buying, but they would rescind when they got home. But apparently couldn’t say no.

The lady in the video was hopeless, but why didn’t her children try to stop her. She stated her daughter was with her at one of the sales.

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was Westgate who did the lien. David Siegel and company are pretty sleazy. You get a high-pressure 3+ hour sales job. If they break you and you sign, they will call you every other day during the week to try and keep you from rescinding. I have not heard any horror stories of people getting harassed after rescinding, but I wouldn't doubt it (I know the law states they can't). I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you file bankruptcy, no matter how long it is after the rescission, the salesman loses the commission (it is charged back).

During the Great Recession, we had 2 contracts with Wyndham, bought resale but owed back MFs. After a long time not being able to pay, they foreclosed on it, they did not hit our credit with anything, and I guess they resold it.

TS

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am pretty sure it was Westgate who did the lien. David Siegel and company are pretty sleazy. You get a high-pressure 3+ hour sales job. If they break you and you sign, they will call you every other day during the week to try and keep you from rescinding. I have not heard any horror stories of people getting harassed after rescinding, but I wouldn't doubt it (I know the law states they can't). I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you file bankruptcy, no matter how long it is after the rescission, the salesman loses the commission (it is charged back).

During the Great Recession, we had 2 contracts with Wyndham, bought resale but owed back MFs. After a long time not being able to pay, they foreclosed on it, they did not hit our credit with anything, and I guess they resold it.

TS

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry that you were in that situation. If Wyndham didn’t resell, it takes about one hour for Wyndham to report to three credit agencies. It would just depend on diligence/laziness of default processors. So you were lucky.

The YouTube lady, with at least seven (7) retail TS, was obviously an extreme case. Wyndham likely convinced her to open an equity line of credit due to lower interest rates.

Last edited:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry that you were in that situation. If Wyndham didn’t resell, it takes about one hour for Wyndham to report to three credit agencies. It would just depend on diligence/laziness of default processors. So you were lucky.

The YouTube lady, with at least seven (7) retail TS, was obviously an extreme case. Wyndham likely convinced her to open an equity line of credit due to lower interest rates.

I think that sometimes when you’re not buying and they go back and find some deal. That it’s pending foreclosures

Reaction score
If all else fails,he might want to consider renting the timeshares. You stated he had over a million Wyndham Points, I've seen a week in Miami or Steamboat Springs in Feb.or in July in Orlando going for $2500-3000 If he has over a million points he has unlimited guest certificates to use for rentals.Do the math and see if he has sufficient points to make his payments. If he is well enough to be working he may be able to keep busy using his time to rent his timeshares. Timeshares can be listed on this site or on Ebay-payment can be set up for credit card payment on Ebay. There are instructions on this site for renting your timeshare and protecting yourself. Hope this helps-it might be preferable to the legal system and would not ruin his self esteem!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hi Angie,

I’m sorry for all the trouble this has caused your family.
This sounds like a case of taking advantage of the elderly.
Your predicament reminded me of this YouTube video of a woman’s experiences with Wyndham:

Aye aye aye. This poor woman. My head was spinning. TS sales reps are slime. What really annoyed me was that she kept calling it a video tape.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aye aye aye. This poor woman. My head was spinning. TS sales reps are slime. What really annoyed me was that she kept calling it a video tape.
After doing some legal research, that lady had eight (8) retail timeshares, seven (7) Wyndham and one (1) Westgate, both of which put a lien and foreclosed on the lady’s house. Looks like Westgate took the initiative and partnered with wyndham for the lien and foreclosure.