• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Can't decide which resort in Williamsburg!

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a week in Williamsburg for my family of 6 in February.. I see availability at Greensprings, King's Creek cottages and Powhatan Resort. Which one of these would you recommend for such a large group in the dead of winter.. which one has the best location, renovated interiors, indoor pool etc? I've read reviews but they are not all recent. Thanks for your input! :wave:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kings Creek has the best indoor pool complex by far compared to the others. I think they have a putt putt course that should be open (cold...). The problem with Kings Creek is that it isn't close to a lot of other stuff open during the winter. It's right next to Water Country and five minutes to Busch Gardens, but they'll be closed.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the response Big Matt.. Do you know if the cottages at Kings Creek have all been renovated recently?? If the units are nice and the indoor pool is the largest, I wouldn't mind the remote location. However, if the other two have nicer, better updated interiors, their location would win me over. Are the other two that much closer to the attractions of Williamsburg, Jamestown etc?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we went to Greensprings in Jan (3 yrs ago) and loved it

WE loved the indoor pool with adjacent large Roman spa, saunas in locker rooms. The units were big and nice--there was 1990s wallpaper in kitchen (white with green vines), not "newly renovated," but it was definitely a "newer" type place with really nice open floor plan. I would not hesitant to stay at Greensprings again (vs. Pow Plant., which had older floor plan, low ceilings and "YMCA" rectangular indoor pool that was not nearly as luxurious as Greensprings, although we did have a hot tub on our porch. Have not stayed at Kings Creek.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a resale at the Kings Creek Townes and did a tour this past week while staying at Manor Club. I have to say I was very impressed by the units. The Cottages were beautiful. The units and resort in general far surpassed my expectations and I will be staying there next year instead of at Manor Club.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in the Townes about 18 months ago, and they didn't need any refurbishing. If you have a chance to get one of these units, take a look at the floorplan. You actually get a 3BR and not a 2BR if you count the sitting room off of the master. It has a sleep sofa and a TV set and is closed off from both the master and the rest of the unit.

Also, it isn't remote. It's just not as close to the center of Williamsburg. From tip to tip going West to East, Williamsburg and its surrounding areas are only about 30 miles long. Kings Creek is on the extreme East side.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. The Townes are not available just the Cottages, but I think even those are now being renovated and look good. I think I will go with that one.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Powhattan Historic Resort is a great place to stay with a large group. The units are spacious. They have 3 and 4 bedroom selections. It is very well kept with beautiful grounds. It has a very nice indoor heated pool and indoor hot tub. There is a fitness center and a sauna. There is an on-site restaurant in an historic "farm house". There is a nature trail on site as well as planned activities A big advantage is that it is a few short minutes away from historic williamsburg.

My wife and I have been there on two occasions and enjoyed both stays immensely.