• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heartbroken golfer John Rahm is EJECTED from the Memorial Tournament with a SIX shot lead after testing positive for COVID

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The butt of ridicule , as far as I'm concerned, is the PGA.
If I ran the PGA, I would have let him finish the tournament playing alone well distanced from everyone else except with a caddy who had already had and survived the virus...

George

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
If I ran the PGA, I would have let him finish the tournament playing alone well distanced from everyone else except with a caddy who had already had and survived the virus...

George

Why? Why should he be entitled to special treatment?!?! Every one of them is made aware of the rules that say COVID testing will take place intermittently during the events and disqualification will follow any verified positive test result, which is the same or similar to the protocols that every professional sports organization has adopted.

I can understand someone saying after the fact that s/he might have instituted different rules at the outset, but I don't understand at all why any player should be entitled to the adopted rules being waived in his/her favor when they're broken. This player chose his fate.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Why should people be able to decide if they wear a mask or not in public? No mask then stay at home. What if more precautions were taken last March? Maybe this all would be a distant memory.
Public is a whole different animal, you are changing subjects.

The OP was at a PGA sanctioned event. This is work rules. If your company requires you to wear a uniform for employment, you wear the uniform. I'm sure the PGA has rules as to acceptable companies who's logos players can wear.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My 14 year old daughter is young and healthy and was very mildly symptomatic. She got in the pool to swim competitively for the first time since her diagnosis (8 weeks post-COVID) and boy-howdy, did she feel the difference. Barely made it through a (thankfully) shortened 20 minute practice, due to not feeling like she could get enough air into her lungs (this was *not* one of her symptoms initially, but she hadn't tried to swim since then, either.) We'll see how she does at her first swim meet tonight. That's the thing about this virus--it's hard to predict how it's going to affect someone, or what the longer term effects might be. Or what the effects might be on someone you spread it to. That's really been what's been difficult: it's not just about the effects on *you*; I am sure those unmasked individuals at the Wawa who breathed on my daughter for 20-30 minutes didn't think that they were going to infect her. Or maybe they did and just didn't care? I would really hope it was the former, rather than the latter.

And, yes, she was infected 4 weeks before becoming eligible for the vaccine. She will get her second dose on Thursday.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Public is a whole different animal, you are changing subjects.

The OP was at a PGA sanctioned event. This is work rules. If your company requires you to wear a uniform for employment, you wear the uniform. I'm sure the PGA has rules as to acceptable companies who's logos players can wear.
Not in regards to him playing which masks should be mandated 100% but in regards to Sue saying it’s an individuals choice.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Why? Why should he be entitled to special treatment?!?! Every one of them is made aware of the rules that say COVID testing will take place intermittently during the events and disqualification will follow any verified positive test result, which is the same or similar to the protocols that every professional sports organization has adopted.
Bogey said that "If I ran the PGA", so there would be no special treatment, those would be the rules.
I can understand someone saying after the fact that s/he might have instituted different rules at the outset, but I don't understand at all why any player should be entitled to the adopted rules being waived in his/her favor when they're broken. This player chose his fate.
Well then you understand what Bogey21 said, because that's exactly what the post said.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on what you choose to focus on. Rahm is young and I would guess healthy so his decision to vax or not vax is based on his own circumstances and knowledge of risk. Perhaps he was willing to trust his young healthy immune system. We all know what the survival rate is for young and healthy. If he is indeed infected then he'll have natural immunity and will join the herd with the other naturally immune along with the chipped folks :) .
And perhaps he realizes his poor decision making cost him big bucks.

Brett

Reaction score
Bogey said that "If I ran the PGA", so there would be no special treatment, those would be the rules.

Well then you understand what Bogey21 said, because that's exactly what the post said.

sure, if everyone sets their rules or owned a PGA, NFL, or any sports league then the "rules" would be different

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Even now I'm not as sure as you are about the meaning of Bogey's post, considering that his, "If I ran the PGA" was immediately followed by, "I would have let him finish the tournament playing alone well distanced from everyone else except with a caddy who had already had and survived the virus..." That certainly didn't make it clear-cut whether he meant he would have instituted different rules prior to the start of the tournament or if he'd be willing to make an exception for this golfer after he'd run afoul of the rules.

<shrug>

That's why I followed my first paragraph with the second, giving Bogey an opportunity to clarify his thought process and not leave his meaning to any possible interpretations.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even now I'm not as sure as you are about the meaning of Bogey's post, considering that his, "If I ran the PGA" was immediately followed by, "I would have let him finish the tournament playing alone well distanced from everyone else except with a caddy who had already had and survived the virus..."
Let it go. We've ALL had these 'If I were Emperor, things would be different' moments. And when we differ with authority, we'll have them again. <shrug> :)

Jim

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear what I meant is that when Rahm tested positive I would have taken into account the magnitude of the penalty; i.e. possibly losing $1.3 million and would have figured a way for him to finish the tournament without being a risk to other players, spectators, etc. IMO the penalty imposed was too harsh. If you don't agree with me, so be it...

George

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear what I meant is that when Rahm tested positive I would have taken into account the magnitude of the penalty; i.e. possibly losing $1.3 million and would have figured a way for him to finish the tournament without being a risk to other players, spectators, etc. IMO the penalty imposed was too harsh. If you don't agree with me, so be it...

George
PGA has pretty strict rules, and golf is supposed to be self governing. You make a simple mistake in golf and you can be disqualified, golfers understand that, many disqualify themselves.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good grief, the things people argue about. On your deathbed, this issue will not be on your mind.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good grief, the things people argue about. On your deathbed, this issue will not be on your mind.
I imagine that must be similar to how on your deathbed, you won't be inserting yourself into discussions that others are having just so you can tell them why in your opinion their discussions are unimportant?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I imagine that must be similar to how on your deathbed, you won't be inserting yourself into discussions that others are having just so you can tell them why in your opinion their discussions are unimportant?
Damnnnnn. I like that.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, even Jim said Let it go. And as Laura wondered earlier, now people can’t comment unless invited? You are on a basically public page, so people inserting their opinion is gonna happen. Otherwise, you two just take it outside.

Brett

Reaction score
Hey, even Jim said Let it go. And as Laura wondered earlier, now people can’t comment unless invited? You are on a basically public page, so people inserting their opinion is gonna happen. Otherwise, you two just take it outside.

yes, even John Ralm admits he should have been vaccinated

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
John Rahm's theme song... "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
----------------------------
I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand...

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now John Rahm is playing in another golf tournament - maybe he got vaccinated
That's pretty fast. Since he tested positive just 6 days ago, and it takes 2 weeks after one's final vax to build immunity.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Covid theater - watch the video of him being approached by the officials. They have no fear of getting close to him. They even touch him. And then they make no effort to keep him away from the spectators.

Has there been a single professional athlete die of Covid?

Well maybe those approaching him are vaccinated. I wouldn’t be afraid to approach one of my employees who had COVID exposure and two positive tests since I am vaccinated. My guess is that they feel the same way. Quite reasonable.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Now John Rahm is playing in another golf tournament - maybe he got vaccinated
I heard he had to quarantine until June 15, the US Open starts June 17. So his quarantine time is up 2 days before the tournament starts. He got lucky there. (Does seem early to me, didn't he test positive on June 5)? Not enough time for a vaccination to do him any good (needs more time for it to be effective).

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
He’s golfing again?! Already ?
Prior to the US Open?

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
He’s golfing again?! Already ?
Prior to the US Open?
No symptoms, 2 negative tests, quarantine shortened.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
No symptoms, 2 negative tests, quarantine shortened.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Good for him. Wish students were given this same leeway. Here in IL if a student athlete is CONTACT TRACED (not sick) to a Covid positive student, they can't go to school or participate in sports for 10 days. They can't test out of the quarantine.