• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heartbroken golfer John Rahm is EJECTED from the Memorial Tournament with a SIX shot lead after testing positive for COVID

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Moment heartbroken golfer John Rahm is EJECTED from the Memorial Tournament with a SIX shot lead after testing positive for COVID - missing out on the $1.5M prize
  • Jon Rahm has been forced to withdraw from the Memorial Tournament
  • He was informed he had tested positive for Covid-19 after the third round
  • The Spaniard had established a six-shot advantage at the top of the leaderboard
  • Rahm will now miss out on the £1.2million prize money for the competition

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This story to me as an amateur golf is very sad and heartbroken.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why was he tested at that point? Was everyone? Seems like it should be before the tournament starts.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he was exposed, and was tested twice, and both were positive and he got the vaccine after he was exposed

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We make choices to be vaccinated or not......we make choices to socialize without any precautions (masks). Personally - I think he made a very poor choice (known exposure, no vaccine, no precautions). At least for Jon his personal consequence (since he's asymptomatic) were "only" money & disappointment.....we don't know if he's infected others...or the consequences.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the replay of Rahm being notified by the medical director, and I think it stinks. He was just walking off the course when approached about the results. The news could have been delivered in the scorers tent or in the locker room. It was high drama that didn't have to be played out on network TV. It should have been done in private, then announced by the news. Rahm, as an athlete, was foolish to not get vaccinated, but the notification should have been handled differently.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Choices have consequences. Sometimes Karma's a bitch.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Handled badly by PGA officials, creating high TV drama. In the grand scheme its first world problems, his career earnings are $24M, $3.8M this year already. He knew the rules and risks.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Covid theater - watch the video of him being approached by the officials. They have no fear of getting close to him. They even touch him. And then they make no effort to keep him away from the spectators.

Has there been a single professional athlete die of Covid?

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has there been a single professional athlete die of Covid?
I don't know of any professional athlete to die, but why is that the only issue? Two top tier NBA players this year, Jayson Taytum (star for the Boston Celtics) and Mo Bamba (sixth overall draft pick in 2018) have been struggling to recover from Covid. Bamba was diagnosed in June of 2020 and Taytum in January of this year. Neither have been able to return to their normal conditioning levels.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Anyone else hear him say 10 seconds into the video “no way, not again”?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any professional athlete to die, but why is that the only issue? Two top tier NBA players this year, Jayson Taytum (star for the Boston Celtics) and Mo Bamba (sixth overall draft pick in 2018) have been struggling to recover from Covid. Bamba was diagnosed in June of 2020 and Taytum in January of this year. Neither have been able to return to their normal conditioning levels.
Yes. Sports can be risky

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will all the golfers and officials at the tournament today; now must be retested before the fourth and final round today for COVID-19 ?

The fairness question is my question and concern.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Choices have consequences. Sometimes Karma's a bitch.

If he had gotten the jab and still been tested positive or worse, would that still be karma? It can go both ways.

Best regards.

Mike

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Will all the golfers and officials at the tournament today; now must be retested before the fourth and final round today for COVID-19 ?

The fairness question is my question and concern.
I think they have some well laid out rules. If they are vaccinated they don't have to test. Very sad, terribly handled, but I don't think fairness comes into play.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If he had gotten the jab and still been tested positive or worse, would that still be karma? It can go both ways.

Best regards.

Mike
Science has shown that vaccinated people have an infinitesimal chance of testing positive or passing the virus to others. It was his choice.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Why did it takes so long to finalize his COVID rapid teat Saturday , if each golfer are tested each day of the tournament?
They repeated the test to be sure.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Why was he out playing While waiting for the second test results to confirm being positive.
He was playing according to the rules mandated by the PGA.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very unfortunate. I might be a little calloused but don't think it is that big of a deal for a guy who makes millions a year to miss a few golf tournaments. So many have lost so much more and I think he is going to be ok despite being disqualified from this tournament.