• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Health Official Advises Not to Mix Vaccine Boosters

Brett

Reaction score
Pfizer Covid-19 Booster Shouldn’t Be for Moderna, J&J Vaccine Recipients, Health Official Says

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizer...e-recipients-health-official-says-11632352468

An FDA deputy director says there isn’t enough data to allow for mixing and matching of shots

A federal health official said Wednesday there isn’t enough data to support giving a Pfizer Inc. booster dose to people who have received other Covid-19 vaccines.

Doran Fink, a deputy director in the Food and Drug Administration’s vaccines division, made the remarks at a meeting of a key vaccine advisory panel that would recommend who should get an additional dose of the vaccine from Pfizer and partner BioNTech SE.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that Pfizer is the only two dose vaccine so far that has seen its protection drop off significantly at this time, especially with Delta. Recent studies have shown that Moderna is still maintaining high protection levels. I hope Pfizer made some modifications for the booster dose that will fight Delta and provide longer protection. They definitely profit from every additional dose that is required.

I worked in the Pharma industry for five years in the early nineties and many of us never trusted Pfizer. They appeared to spend a lot more money lobbying to streamline their approval process and extend patents. Their executives received the highest bonuses in the industry and they were always turning over middle management. They also gave doctors incentives to prescribe a new, highly effective antibiotic for prophylactic when it should have been reserved for serious infections. This resulted in premature resistance. I sought out the Moderna vaccine and am glad I did. Hopefully it won't require boosters for at least a year.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I sought out the Moderna vaccine and am glad I did. Hopefully it won't require boosters for at least a year.

Earlier this month Moderna filed for FDA approval of a booster. Somewhat complicating their application is that Moderna recommends only half of a dose be given as a booster.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are watching for the FDA & the CDC to approve the Moderna booster shots.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would much rather know that my vaccine still protected me at 90%+ level than get another booster shot. I don't understand why people are so anxious to get booster shots instead of having a more effective vaccine to begin with. Pfizer will make more profits every time their vaccine loses effectiveness and another booster is required. I would expect the vaccine to be effective for at least 12 months before a booster is required.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I would much rather know that my vaccine still protected me at 90%+ level than get another booster shot. I don't understand why people are so anxious to get booster shots instead of having a more effective vaccine to begin with. Pfizer will make more profits every time their vaccine loses effectiveness and another booster is required. I would expect the vaccine to be effective for at least 12 months before a booster is required.
Well for those who got Pfizer to begin with it's a little late to get a "more effective vaccine to begin with". Everything we were hearing back when the vaccines first became available was that Pfizer and Moderna had about the same effectiveness.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well for those who got Pfizer to begin with it's a little late to get a "more effective vaccine to begin with". Everything we were hearing back when the vaccines first became available was that Pfizer and Moderna had about the same effectiveness.
My point is that some people seem to be disappointed that the Moderna vaccine booster is not approved, while I'm thankful that it is significantly more effective and at this point doesn't require a booster. I sought out the Moderna vaccine due to my distrust of Pfizer's business practices, but am disappointed that this booster is already needed for you to maintain your protection. However, they financially benefit from the need for more boosters.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Pfizer Covid-19 Booster Shouldn’t Be for Moderna, J&J Vaccine Recipients, Health Official Says

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizer...e-recipients-health-official-says-11632352468

An FDA deputy director says there isn’t enough data to allow for mixing and matching of shots

A federal health official said Wednesday there isn’t enough data to support giving a Pfizer Inc. booster dose to people who have received other Covid-19 vaccines.

Doran Fink, a deputy director in the Food and Drug Administration’s vaccines division, made the remarks at a meeting of a key vaccine advisory panel that would recommend who should get an additional dose of the vaccine from Pfizer and partner BioNTech SE.

I guess THAT FDA deputy director is hoping for Big Pharma high paying industry job one day

ALL Canadian Provinces **have been mixing and matching doses1 & 2
Pfizer - Moderna - and either as dose 2 to AstraZeneca .

I guess saying "mixing and matching has worked outside the USA" may affect his future job prospects
LOL

** with approval of Health Canada - Provincial & Federal Chielf Medical Officers
and NACI ( National Advisory Council on Imunization)

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
My point is that some people seem to be disappointed that the Moderna vaccine booster is not approved, while I'm thankful that it is significantly more effective and at this point doesn't require a booster. I sought out the Moderna vaccine due to my distrust of Pfizer's business practices, but am disappointed that this booster is already needed for you to maintain your protection. However, they financially benefit from the need for more boosters.

Once again, Moderna believes a booster is needed. They filed for approval a few weeks ago. It is pending before the FDA.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again, Moderna believes a booster is needed. They filed for approval a few weeks ago. It is pending before the FDA.
I'm sure one will be beneficial at some point, but recent studies show it is still very effective even for Delta. The Israel and Mayo Clinic research show Pfizer's performance dropping off significantly after only 6-8 months.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm sure one will be beneficial at some point, but recent studies show it is still very effective even for Delta. The Israel and Mayo Clinic research show Pfizer's performance dropping off significantly after only 6-8 months.

Yes but you have repeatedly stated one was not needed yet the manufacturer states their data support the need for a booster.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes but you have repeatedly stated one was not needed yet the manufacturer states their data support the need for a booster.
If Pfizer can get a 'booster' for profits, I'm sure Moderna would like one as well. If the data show enhanced/extended protection, I will get one but I've not yet seen any data demonstrating the need or benefit. The studies I've seen show it is a lot better than Pfizer and is still providing 90% protection. That is good enough for me.

geekette

Reaction score
If Pfizer can get a 'booster' for profits, I'm sure Moderna would like one as well. If the data show enhanced/extended protection, I will get one but I've not yet seen any data demonstrating the need or benefit. The studies I've seen show it is a lot better than Pfizer and is still providing 90% protection. That is good enough for me.
I will follow the official recommendations, most likely. I do not think it is about profits, it's about actual effectiveness. It's going to take too long for studies, and I would prefer to never be infected. If I can have more than 90% protection, I want it.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I will follow the official recommendations, most likely. I do not think it is about profits, it's about actual effectiveness. It's going to take too long for studies, and I would prefer to never be infected. If I can have more than 90% protection, I want it.

I feel the same way. Since my husband and I have some immune deficiencies, we got the Moderna 3rd shot as soom as we could at CVS even before the full Pfiser approval for the booster was issued by the CDC. While there are no standards set yet, my husband's covid antibody count went up significantly with the 3rd shot. We now feel more safe in travelling to Hawaii later this month. No real negative effects from the vaccines even though we were a little tired for a day after.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I feel the same way. Since my husband and I have some immune deficiencies, we got the Moderna 3rd shot as soom as we could at CVS even before the full Pfiser approval for the booster was issued by the CDC. While there are no standards set yet, my husband's covid antibody count went up significantly with the 3rd shot. We now feel more safe in travelling to Hawaii later this month. No real negative effects from the vaccines even though we were a little tired for a day after.
I didn't think anyone was giving a third shot of Moderna yet, but then I went and checked on the CVS website and found that a third Moderna shot could be scheduled. With this statement "Keep in mind, the Moderna extra dose is for weakened immune system only and the Moderna booster isn't available yet. "

Brett

Reaction score
I didn't think anyone was giving a third shot of Moderna yet, but then I went and checked on the CVS website and found that a third Moderna shot could be scheduled. With this statement "Keep in mind, the Moderna extra dose is for weakened immune system only and the Moderna booster isn't available yet. "

I will wait for the Moderna booster

geekette

Reaction score
I will wait for the Moderna booster
To me there is no choice. I'm certainly not going to push in front of others by pretending I'm older or have certain conditions that warrant shot 3. I'll take the booster when it's my turn.