• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This week, if any Tuggers around - send me a PM and perhaps we can hookup for a drink or 2.

This is the 1st time using a Sun-Sun reservation for our 1Bd OFD villa (celebrating our 10th anniversary that falls on Saturday)
so - it will be interesting to see what villa location we get (reserved exactly at 12 months on-line) compared to our usual Sat-Sat stays.

Let me know if there are any questions for Owner Update, etc. I am going to see if they are previewing Nanea villas yet. Not going to buy, but always enjoy seeing new villas.

Aloha

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Dave - Please post pictures if you are able to tour the models, and have a wonderful time! :hi:

BUT DON'T BUY ONE! :rofl:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Will do. Not sure if they are open for preview - can't recall that being mentioned or not.
I will add to my villa photo collection (WSJ-all phases, WKORV, WKORVN, WKV, WPORV) - goes to show that I am no longer that adventurous...

Not sure if you recall - at our WPORV Owners Update last year was the 1st day selling Nanea. My opinion at the time (and still holds) - unless you are buying fixed OF Nanea, then waste vacation money on something else (e.g. resale WKORV OF if you can plan 12 months ahead)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Dave - As you know, in the past, I have tried to talk you off the ledge twice.

The first time I was successful, the 2nd time you jumped. :D

I'm just trying to improve my official record to 2-1.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
This week, if any Tuggers around - send me a PM and perhaps we can hookup for a drink or 2.

This is the 1st time using a Sun-Sun reservation for our 1Bd OFD villa (celebrating our 10th anniversary that falls on Saturday)
so - it will be interesting to see what villa location we get (reserved exactly at 12 months on-line) compared to our usual Sat-Sat stays.

Let me know if there are any questions for Owner Update, etc. I am going to see if they are previewing Nanea villas yet. Not going to buy, but always enjoy seeing new villas.

Aloha

Have a great time, I'm already saving up for the next time I can go to Maui

Scott&Laura

Reaction score
Hello Dave:

Have fun and I hope trade winds subsided

If you go to owner update ask about merger with ILG and also about points merger for hotels with Marriott. We asked and were politely but bluntly blown off. The owner update was a polite hard sell of Nanea. Most updates we have attended have been very helpful and informative such as how to best get airline miles etc. but ours unusually was a hard sell.They made clear it was a one way street.

When we went though update on Nanea if I understood correctly there were 3,000,000+ of options and based on what MF fees were it seems that Vistana will raise $55,000,000 to manage Nanea a year They gave a mf fee of $3600 but Taxes when they come on board always go up--so was the $3600 for next year or future and if so what basis do they claim that.

I think in a year or two all NANEA will be hit with large MF increase due to taxes.

I also believe that in a few years Nanea can be bought cheap.

Scott.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great trip and happy anniversary! Will you really make Robin go to an owner update while you're celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss? That's just too cruel! ;)

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great trip and happy anniversary! Will you really make Robin go to an owner update while you're celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss? That's just too cruel! ;)

On our 20th we spent 12 daytime hours on airplanes and in airports in 4 separate countries...

Still trying to spin that one as a "once in a lifetime adventure on a special occasion" :rolleyes:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave's thread was hijacked, so I moved several posts to a different thread, so Dave can have his vacation back.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks - not much of a thread.
Took some photos of Nanea - will post when I get a chance.

We went Sun-Sun for the 1st time. We were 1st timestamp for Sun arrival, but ended up on 4th floor (we own OFD). So... it does not appear that floor location is balanced between Sat and Sun arrivals (there is no Friday checkin for WKORV OF)

The view is not bad as the native trees (ones with those nasty thorns) have really been cut back - big difference compared to photo I have from 10 years ago.

They have upgraded the villas - new carpets, drapes - some furnishings. TVs hung on walls.
The biggest annoyance is the bathroom lights being on a single switch - so the toilet room light is not on separate switch - really poor design. Also, the sliding door to the toilet room is very heavy and tough to slide - it looks like the door runners are not made for a heavy door causing it not to slide without force. This would be hard for kids or elderly adults since there is no good door grip.

The wind has been heavy at times, but not as bad as the weather predicted.
Rented TB chairs and umbrella from Maui Baby - will be looking at another rental company next time as both the chairs and umbrella are very worn.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well thats a helluva picture sir! (as i suit up to go outside in 40 degree weather here in florida)

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Reminds me - I need to book another trip to Maui.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GREAT picture, Dave!!! :clap:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Are these pictures taken in front of WKORV? Have you spotted whales yet?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
YouTube video of octopus above - the photos above are frame grab from GoPro

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
YES - new board allows for embedded YouTube videos!!!

you have been forewarned... ;)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Awesome! Are these pictures taken in front of WKORV? Have you spotted whales yet?

The reef right outside B2. It was clear the 1st few days.
No whales - we are home now.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
How was your owner update? I was at WLR a couple weeks ago and got a hard sell to go do an update without my spouse while on a girls trip. They actually suggested we could call my husband. That was a first! Most of the time in the past they have backed off when I've told them I was traveling alone.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
How was your owner update? I was at WLR a couple weeks ago and got a hard sell to go do an update without my spouse while on a girls trip. They actually suggested we could call my husband. That was a first! Most of the time in the past they have backed off when I've told them I was traveling alone.

Update was easy - they hate me, but were nice and professional about it. i was going to stay quiet until I was forced to expand on my answer as to why I wouldn't buy more. We were out in 65 mins (they were not going to release me sooner, and they knew that I knew the drill - 1st guy, 2nd guy, and Exp Pkg closer). Normally, I learn something, but not this time. I think they learned more from me than I did from them.

Of course they asked me why I was there if I didn't want to update my portfolio. Duh? the $100 and it is sold as an Owner Update...

They could not come up with scenario they could offer to sweeten a Nanea purchase. They didn't realize that I wasn't 5* with all my SOs until I told them most came from resale with 1 requal. I made sure I mentioned that making Nanea an SVN Voluntary resort would be the main reason not to buy Nanea and why I would never recommend buying Nanea to anyone until resale (that and no 1 Bd OF villas...) - no response...

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Thanks for the photos and update! I need to get back there soon! At our update last February, the sales guy wanted to leave for Valentine's Day and we were still asking questions and talking so he left us with some other people, ha ha. I like asking questions :).