• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to the Resort at Cocoa Beach for Easter Week

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will arrive the Saturday before Easter Sunday. I'm not going to want to cook that day. It will be my husband and I and our two 15-year-olds. We'll probably cook in the condo mostly, maybe visit their on-site restaurant, and purchase a couple of their lunches by the pool. We've never stayed in Cocoa Beach, just a one-day trip from Orlando once. Any recommendations for a restaurant for Easter dinner or other times during the week for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We love good fresh seafood (prepared other than fried). Nothing real upscale.

We plan to mostly relax that week and drink in the sunshine. I've made a reservation with Fin Expeditions for that Monday (Kayaking one-on-one with the owner/guide--awesome reviews on Trip Advisor to see dolphins and manatees). We're not going to do Cape Canaveral Space Center. A suggestion was made earlier about an airboat ride on the Lil Twister. No desire to go to any theme parks. We'll probably go explore Merritt. Outdoorsy, non-commercial things interest us the most. It would be great to find a sailing tour (small 4-6 people), but I couldn't find anything in the area.

Any suggestions anyone?

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weekly meeting

On Monday mornings, in the theater, the resort usually goes over local attractions. This is not a sales pitch for the resort. They also have a concierge desk and are helpful. As far as restaurants, search for past threads on area. Although we go almost every year for a week, there is no clear-cut favorite restaurant except DS loves Dixie Crossroads in Titusville, so we make it once during our trip.

Nancy

Pisces

Reaction score
Just retruned from Cocoa Beach

We stayed at the Resort on Cocoa Beach January 18-25 and loved it! I would recommend the Florida Seafood restaurant and/or Fish Lips. Florida Seafood had more of the fresh seafood which was awesome. Fish Lips has a fun atmosphere and it is located on the port. We watched dolphins as we were waiting for our supper. I personally did not care for the Mexican restaurant in the resort - my husband got the stomach flu/food poisioning about 5 hours after eating there and he is the only one that had the taco meat. We are not sure if it was food poisioning or the stomach flu, however no one else in our family got sick.

We got up to watch the sunrise a couple of the mornings and you can see the dolphins swimming right on the beach also. Something we never thought of looking for!

The resort had great entertainment around the pool area during the day and my daughter (10) enjoyed the children's activities.

Enjoy your stay!

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think maybe we ate at Fish Lips - I know we were right at the Port and watched whatever was there (don't remember) - great atmosphere and food.
The restaurant on the Pier did a great Sunday Brunch - friends took us there.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurants

Fish Lips is a fun place to eat at the Port area.

Also a new restaurant at the Port is Milliken's Reef, which opened about 4-5 months ago. We enjoyed a nice lunch and could see the cruise ships in port.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, all, for your suggestions!

I've searched this forum and the other and the internet, and was just wondering if there were any local stand-outs. Have a great weekend and remember, Spring is just around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
We enjoy the twister airboat rides. If you go for the regular ride, you don't need a reservation and will have fun. Try it early in the week. You may end up calling to reserve the Little Twister later in the week. :banana: