• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to the Los Cabos property in a couple weeks

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are looking forward to our first stay at Pacifica. I rented a car for this trip because the resort is on the corridor and kind of far from everything. Since there is little information so far, I hope to get some intel for everyone.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
We just got back from staying in a 1BR Premier Plus unit @ La Pacifica. What would you like to know?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We just got back from staying in a 1BR Premier Plus unit @ La Pacifica. What would you like to know?

Did you rent a car or use public transportation? How were the onsite restaurants. We have many places in the area we love to eat so I don't plan on eating at the resort much.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Did you rent a car or use public transportation? How were the onsite restaurants. We have many places in the area we love to eat so I don't plan on eating at the resort much.

This was our 2nd time to Cabo so we didn't rent a car. We took a taxi whenever we went off property. It's about $30USD anywhere you go. We had dinner one night at Vela with a table on the pool deck and enjoyed our meal. Pricey but we knew that going in. Our favorite things off property was one night having dinner at Flora Farms. Glad we took a taxi, because the drive there takes you off on a dirt road. You really need to know the area and especially at night. The other thing we enjoyed was Thursday night in San Jose del Cabo. The art festival was fantastic and we had a wonderful dinner at Lumbre which is located behind the church. The art festival has really grown in the past 6 years when we first went.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Haven't stayed at La Pacifica, but we've started frequenting Cabo and own at Flora Farms. I'll second the recommendation to eat there; their Mezcal tasting is decent, too. For getting around the area we have been using Uber, which costs a bit less than taxis do. Didn't feel a great need to rent a car. We have a couple of days at Cabo Azul before our next trip to Flora; that seems like it will be an easier walk on and off the resort.

One other recommendation is the Rooftop Bar at the Thompson for sunset - great view of the arches from the east with the sunset on the other side.

hicksmom

Reaction score
I stayed at La Pacifica in February with my hubby and our two youngest kids who were 8 & 10 at the time. We were there for a week during winter break. Beautiful property. We stayed in a 2BX which was awesome because the kids each had their own full-size bathrooms. This was our second time in Cabo. The first time we stayed in an all-inclusive resort that was down towards the more populated end of the Sea of Cortez and did not rent a car. This year, we rented a car the whole time and put it to good use. We were able to venture out and explore a lot more on our own. I highly recommend The Office...it's a restaurant right on Medano Beach with fresh seafood. We went right before sundown and the change from daylight to sunset to night time made our dinner experience even more spectacular. Strongly suggest reservations!

Enjoy your vacation!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I know the Office well. We aren’t new to Los Cabos. Just new to the HGV property. I managed to get a decent rate on a car rental so we’ll use that. I usually go fishing at least once so I’ll be able to drive to the marina.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ll 2nd what others have said. Beautiful property. Our balcony has a great view of the quiet pool and the ocean to the North.

We were offered the all inclusive at check in which we declined. $170pp and a minimum of 3 days. We have a car and there are too many great places (and much cheaper) to dine in the Los Cabos area. It is expensive here so you could potentially make the AI pay if you stayed on property the entire time.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Wouldn't be bad for a couple if it includes drinks for three boozy days of lazing at the pool.

Enjoy your stay.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Wouldn't be bad for a couple if it includes drinks for three boozy days of lazing at the pool.

Enjoy your stay.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
You are correct! A cocktail here is $18 dollars. It doesn’t include Lobster or the Tomahawk steak.

Also, there are still Casa Dorada owners here. We sat at the pool yesterday and starting chatting with this woman and of course she was from Carlsbad. Her and her husband own two Casa Dorada units here.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Did the tour. Very nice guy and very low key. He kept pushing the conversion ratio because this is bHC. Maintenance fee per point is awesome for a Studio but the buy in is steep. We were in and out in an hour. There are only 7 1br units and even fewer 2 br. Difficult to convert to LO units here because the rooms are staggered. Great property. Will return for sure.

rock4449

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas Boulevard
We are headed to La Pacifica in 2023 with reservations made. Our US auto insurance doesn't cover Mexico. For the rental car with full coverage added for a week was $747. Sound reasonable?

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are headed to La Pacifica in 2023 with reservations made. Our US auto insurance doesn't cover Mexico. For the rental car with full coverage added for a week was $747. Sound reasonable?
Your only requirements in Mexico are liability. My credit card would cover car damage. Insurance can get expensive in Mexico. Try Cactus car rental. They were very fair.

rock4449

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas Boulevard
Called credit card companies. Both Chase and AMEX cover all but liability. Mexico has their own required liability insurance. Runs roughly $30 a day from the rental companies I contacted.
Contacted Cactus Car Rental. Great option thanks.

Last edited: