• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to Branson

Daverock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wife and I are going early Oct to Branson. I can book 1 or 2 weeks and need your help with the following questions.

1. How much time do I need in Branson with the shows etc.

2. Recommended shows to see?

3. Recommended places to eat dinner? Price range $20-35 pp

4. Rocommended day trips or even one or two night stayovers.

5. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

retailman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We normally do 10 to 12 shows a week. Must see shows are Tony Roi,
Six, The Platers. There is a lot to do and see. One thing we are going
to try the scenic train ride. The lookout tower is nice also. We always get
grociers before we get to Branson, We find prices high and selection
limited. Have a great trip.

Daverock

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are flying into Branson Airport BKG with airtran but I haven't bought
the tickets yet. We will rent a car.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Yahov's Dinner Adventure is a very good show and you can get 2 for 1 tickets for it. Tony Roi is good if you like Elvis.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
We always get
groceries before we get to Branson, We find prices high and selection
limited.

Any tips on good places to shop for food?

We're flying from the west coast. That means a 2 hour time change. So even though our first flight leaves at 8 AM, we don't get into Springfield until after 4:30 PM. By the time we pick up a rental car and drive to Branson, it will probably be 6 PM. So if we stop to shop for food, we'll get in pretty late. Also, I'm usually reluctant to leave the car in the parking lot with all that luggage inside.

So perhaps we could shop on the drive from Springfield to Branson, but we may also just wait until after we check in and then look for a store. Not sure right now what's best. (We'll be staying at Stormy Point village, by the way.)

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are in Springfield, the first Bass Pro Shop is there and worth a visit, if you have time.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
We usually check in first, then go out for a quick dinner and then pick up groceries. We go to the Wal-Mart store. It's a little out of the way from the strip but they also have cheaper gas there. There is a small Wal-Mart and a Grocery Store on the strip but not sure if it is open due to the tornado damage.

Here is a map of Branson:
http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/images/Map_screen.gif

Wal-Mart is up on the right hand corner of this map. Be sure to learn the color routes to get around the strip traffic.

Last edited:

bkellyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as the shows, Six and the Haygoods are both very good shows. The Worman House at Big Cedar is a very nice place to eat, has a Sunday Brunch. The Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks is also very good, nice campus. If you are in the Landing area, Catina Laredo has very good Mexican food. For short trips near Branson, I would suggest visiting Dogwood Canyon approximately a 30-40 minute drive, very nice scenery. Eureka Springs is about an hour drive and is a very neat town. And if you come in the summer I would recommend floating the Buffalo River, about an hour drive. We used Wild Bill's Outfitters near Yellville, AR and had a great time. Hope you have a great time.

bkellyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your flying into Springfield you might try Lambert's in Ozark, MO for dinner. Believe the original Lambert's was featured on Travel Channel as one of best places to Pig Out.

j1ceasar

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wife and I are going early Oct to Branson. I can book 1 or 2 weeks and need your help with the following questions.

1. How much time do I need in Branson with the shows etc.

2. Recommended shows to see?

3. Recommended places to eat dinner? Price range $20-35 pp

4. Rocommended day trips or even one or two night stayovers.

5. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I'd have ot say - while the caverns near Branson are nice - the ones in springfield near airport are unique in that they are the only ones in USa where they drive you in a jeep caravan / wagon ... its a one hour experience - cool temps and unique.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This past weekend we took a day trip to Eureka Springs, AR. It's about an hours drive. We'll worth a day trip in our opinion and one we'll repeat in the future. We also plan to spend one or two nights there at some point.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We usually check in first, then go out for a quick dinner and then pick up groceries. We go to the Wal-Mart store. It's a little out of the way from the strip but they also have cheaper gas there. There is a small Wal-Mart and a Grocery Store on the strip but not sure if it is open due to the tornado damage.

Here is a map of Branson:
http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/images/Map_screen.gif

Wal-Mart is up on the right hand corner of this map. Be sure to learn the color routes to get around the strip traffic.

The Walmart in the Branson Mall appeared to be open when we were there this past weekend. Jubilee Foods and everything else in the Branson Mall will be closed for some time. Jubilee is where we did most of our grocery shopping. It took a pretty big hit.

retailman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Branson now at Wyndam Meadows. Just saw Joey Riley show that
was good. Going to 10 shows. Our favorite shows are Six, Tony Roi, The Platters, and Haygoods. Six is now in Mickey Gilley Theather. Heard good
things about The Rankin Brothers and Cats PJ. Dick Clark Theater is back
opened. This is our favorite time since crowds are down.