• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HCNY Update

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Well as we are coming up to the mid September has anyone heard any news on the presumed October 1st opening date? My guess is it gets pushed back again. Friends and Fam in NYC have looked at the building and they said it still looks pretty closed up with no new tenants in the retail areas and still has paper over the windows to the lobby. On the positive note they said they did say they saw "some" workers inside the building. Crickets from HGVC so far, probably still awaiting word from Parkland. Horrible situation and not sure how this situations is eventually going to end up for owners.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in NYC this past weekend (at W. 57th). We walked past the Hilton Midtown a few times. Late last week there were bicycle barricades across the entrance area out at the sidewalk. Over the weekend those had gone away. I did walk up to the front and see someone inside and some lights on. So, some reason for optimism.

As to the stored in front. I'd seen some of them empty ever since they remodeled the front to add those retail spaces, so I might not read too much into that.

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Looks like the new official reopening date for HCNY (and I would expect The Residences) is October 4th. I had two separate 2BR reservations October 1st through the 3rd that were just moved to the Quin (as 4 separate rooms). I noticed the change on line today and haven’t received email yet. Not too upset because I had wanted to stay at the Quin at some point. I actually had back-up bookings at both West 57th and the Quin in case HCNY was not available. Since HGVC switched the bookings with no change in points, I am going to cancel my back up reservations.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just leaving NYC after weekend trip. My HCNY 2BR reservation was moved to The Quin. They moved me to 1BR Penthouse + Studio Penthouse which certainly cost them more than what I booked at HCNY. The PH was probably the nicest room I’ve been to in NYC with outdoor terrace and great Central Park view. I walked past midtown Hilton several times (including today) and there was a lot of action with cleaners/workers outside and people working inside. So I think the hotel will be ready for October 4th. That should bode well for those of us who own HCNY and The Residences after the protracted closure.

Sean

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Similar move for me but I got placed in an efficiency at the Quin when I booked a 1BR at HCNY, no 1BR Penthouse :-(. I evenasked if I was getting points refunded and was informed it was actually 500 more points that my HCNY booking and they didn't deduct the overage from my account. After staying at the efficiency at Quin I'll take my HCNY 1BR over that any day. At least as far as I can remember. I haven't stayed at HCNY in now over 3 years! People have posted that they hope they used this time to upgrade HCNY (The Residences are fairly new), somehow I seriously doubt that but I hope I am wrong.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just checked into HCNY 2BR and studio and am pleased to report that they did do some nice updates and renovations (at least on 37th floor). New carpet throughout, more grays/blues in the hallways, new wall paper and furniture in the rooms. They kept existing doors and cabinetry but painted the light cherry wood black throughout. Bathrooms and vessel sinks are the same. Overall it looks quite nice.

Sean

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Thanks as well, good to hear they at least did something to the property over the last 18 months. Kind of like the cherry wood so I hope the black they painted it looks OK. Was the lounge open or is that still closed? I hope to get there early next year. I wasn't blown away by the Quin but then again I didn't get the penthouse upgrade....LOL

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Thanks as well, good to hear they at least did something to the property over the last 18 months. Kind of like the cherry wood so I hope the black they painted it looks OK. Was the lounge open or is that still closed? I hope to get there early next year. I wasn't blown away by the Quin but then again I didn't get the penthouse upgrade....LOL

Lounge is open and fully functional. The main hotel seems pretty lower occupancy than usual just in terms of much less people in the lobby. The new carpet and hallway colors (slate blues and grays) are smart, modern updates. This continues into the rooms with the new decor and furniture. I think the darker wood complements the changes. I’m no interior decorator but the previous iteration felt dated (early oughts at least). Pics below.

Sean
F3C72F83-6A6F-42B7-8904-44934679AF81.jpeg9E8926EB-345E-4890-9146-67D19C157634.jpeg24162C7F-360A-4B4B-BC15-7C9DA2F13F15.jpegC9DC58AC-CE5C-48DC-B58C-890F591290AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Lounge is open and fully functional. The main hotel seems pretty lower occupancy than usual just in terms of much less people in the lobby. The new carpet and hallway colors (slate blues and grays) are smart, modern updates. This continues into the rooms with the new decor and furniture. I think the darker wood complements the changes. I’m no interior decorator but the previous iteration felt dated (early oughts at least). Pics below.

Sean
View attachment 41072View attachment 41073View attachment 41074View attachment 41075
Thanks for the images, the room looks great! Like the changes. Looking forward to a return next year.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
More pics from HCNY - hallway walls and carpet to get a flavor of the changes.

F9EC8BFA-C913-47D4-A27D-70EEDC69C6EC.jpegC2EB2842-F51D-41AB-A6DD-9CFE0CCF9802.jpeg5BF1B9E9-5AC4-4FEA-BACB-2B91D041ACF3.jpeg146E249C-4CCD-4A3C-9DE0-6EE62A961A7A.jpeg