• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HCNY Update

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
We were told both HCNY and NYC residence club will be open on September 1st. I reserved HCNY in September already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reserved mid month (September) as well and hope I don't need to cancel this trip AGAIN. Please post back if you hear anything as the last delay I received nothing from HGVC other than to see my reservation was dropped from my HCVC app. IMO, that is really poor customer service.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah did the same but not optimistic. I posted above that the Aug 1st date probably wouldn't happen and now they pushed it back to September1. There advice is roll your points into HH points at 50 to 1..... I found that insulting! I know you had reservations in Aug as well, did they reach out to you to let you know the were cancelled or did you find out on line as I did?

No. They moved my one bedroom reservation to the Quinn 57thstreet with studio premier plus for the same period. I notified them that was in acceptable since I have a party of 4 while studio only max 2. They could not find a one bedroom for me for 5 nights. So we settled with one bedroom for 4 night in 57th street that we are going now. We have another reservation in Hilton Club for September. We will wait snd see. 57th street told me that Hilton club will open in September. We have lots of bHC points saved 2021 (from 2020) so we just need to use it. The conversion to HH point for current year is 25:1. For 2022 is 50:1. It is just not worth it to convert the 0.33 per point cost. But I did convert the 2022 points. And saved 2021 to 2022. One thing good for Hilton club is you can convert any fraction of points to 50:1 (usually the whole contracted points. Also good is you can book home week by minimum 2 days. So I can reserve thanksgiving a year in advance for 2 nights. (Any bedroom size or multiple reservations for 2 nights) to lock it in. We still love our Hilton club. The MF was reduced fro 0.33 per point to 0.25 per point due to not being able to use. Guess we will have reduced MF for 2022 too. Hope it could be more Sind we lost usage for 2/3 of the year.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
No. They moved my one bedroom reservation to the Quinn 57thstreet with studio premier plus for the same period. I notified them that was in acceptable since I have a party of 4 while studio only max 2. They could not find a one bedroom for me for 5 nights. So we settled with one bedroom for 4 night in 57th street that we are going now. We have another reservation in Hilton Club for September. We will wait snd see. 57th street told me that Hilton club will open in September. We have lots of bHC points saved 2021 (from 2020) so we just need to use it. The conversion to HH point for current year is 25:1. For 2022 is 50:1. It is just not worth it to convert the 0.33 per point cost. But I did convert the 2022 points. And saved 2021 to 2022. One thing good for Hilton club is you can convert any fraction of points to 50:1 (usually the whole contracted points. Also good is you can book home week by minimum 2 days. So I can reserve thanksgiving a year in advance for 2 nights. (Any bedroom size or multiple reservations for 2 nights) to lock it in. We still love our Hilton club. The MF was reduced fro 0.33 per point to 0.25 per point due to not being able to use. Guess we will have reduced MF for 2022 too. Hope it could be more Sind we lost usage for 2/3 of the year.

VERY similar situation and have already posted about my displeasure with only getting 25:1 HH points for converting 2021. I felt this was yet another rip off to bHC owners. I was able to book a 1 BR at HCNY for 4 nights even ran it over a weekend as point availability isn't an issue obviously. I guess the MF issue being reduced is OK but quite honestly I think had they not done this they would be looking at probably legal action by owners asking where the MF dollars are going given they were closed. I get there are obvious fixed costs and we paid medical insurance for the employees through the pandemic which I also don't mind so no complaints from me on this. I did previously post that when I called a HGVC representative in Orlando a few months back and asked about the delay and what my options where the advice I got was to buy more property and convert to HH points and stay at Hilton Hotels.... laughable! Thanks and good luck.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in 57th street for the days was originally booked at HCNY. I asked about the opening days of HCNY and NYC Residence Club. The 57th street said MF that they delayed to October 1st. So it seems my September reservation will either move to 57th street or cancelled. Sad!! Being disappointed. Again.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Checked in 57th street for the days was originally booked at HCNY. I asked about the opening days of HCNY and NYC Residence Club. The 57th street said MF that they delayed to October 1st. So it seems my September reservation will either move to 57th street or cancelled. Sad!! Being disappointed. Again.

What?! Did you just get his information today? I just spoke with them on Saturday and was told September 1 was still on! No text, no email, no nothing as of now! I have tickets booked and already set up reservations for dinner on a couple of nights! This is truly unreal and heading into inexcusable conduct by HGVC.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
What?! Did you just get his information today? I just spoke with them on Saturday and was told September 1 was still on! No text, no email, no nothing as of now! I have tickets booked and already set up reservations for dinner on a couple of nights! This is truly unreal and heading into inexcusable conduct by HGVC.

Sorry. HCNY should notify us at least a month in advance. You should definitely call HGV management. I live in NY and can easily change. But for you and some may need to fly, wonder how to change airline. We also own 57th street, so when we change to 57th street, we can still use owners lounge. You can try to change to 57th street. They have been booked solid. But HGV should at least compliment you with access to owners lounge. I did asked that before last year HGV said 57th street owners lounge is strictly for 57th street. We bought 57th street resale last year for the reason HCNY was not open. We also own NYC residence club. Figuring 57th street is stand sling while the other is depend on Hilton hotel they do not open because lack of international travelers. Economically too costly. The HCNY can not open because they are inside the Hilton Hotel. Sucks.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
OK so here is what I know as of Friday but will recheck on Monday (closed over the weekend) HCNY and Residences "as of now" are still looking at a September 1, opening. They apologized and said it was not HGVC fault for the late notices as they at the mercy of the owners of the Hilton Hotel (can't remember the name of the investment group). HGVC claimed they were given a 2 day notice that the Aug 1 date wasn't going to happen hence the late notifications. They claim to be in the same boat now and if the Sept 1 date does not happen they will "TRY" to rebook you at 57th St. They were encouraging me to rebook now at 57th knowing that the Sept 1 was not hard. Again, not very happy or optimistic about things but will see what shakes out next week. My condolences to all fellow HCNY and Residences owners.

ajenks22

Reaction score
OK so here is what I know as of Friday but will recheck on Monday (closed over the weekend) HCNY and Residences "as of now" are still looking at a September 1, opening. They apologized and said it was not HGVC fault for the late notices as they at the mercy of the owners of the Hilton Hotel (can't remember the name of the investment group). HGVC claimed they were given a 2 day notice that the Aug 1 date wasn't going to happen hence the late notifications. They claim to be in the same boat now and if the Sept 1 date does not happen they will "TRY" to rebook you at 57th St. They were encouraging me to rebook now at 57th knowing that the Sept 1 was not hard. Again, not very happy or optimistic about things but will see what shakes out next week. My condolences to all fellow HCNY and Residences owners.

While encouraging you go ahead and move over to 57th, would that have been a free and easy switch? And for people who they can't switch to 57th, are they just doing last minute cancellations?

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Free switch but how easy I don't know yet. As to your second question they are definitely doing last minute cancellations with no fees. Remember they are cancelling on us, this is my second rebook at HCNY because of another delayed opening. I am not optimistic about the Sept. 1 either and really anything beyond Oct1 I think HGVC is going to have to let owners carry over yet another year of points. Needless to say this is getting ridiculous and sad. Because this is "covid related" closure I doubt there is anything legally we can do about but I have to believe if they force owners to roll over points to HH points people will definitely not be happy.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
On a different point related to HCNY, I was really hoping this 1.5 year hiatus without any guests would have allowed them to do their room updates that they have been promising. The current decor and furnishings do look rather dated.

I have 2 trips to HCNY in October, but given the moving goalposts of re-opening date, I booked those same dates at W57 but more rooms because they don’t have 2BR there. I really hope they do a better job of communicating with owners as soon as they know if the date will have to move again.

Sean

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: SeaWorld II; Kings' Land; Craigendarroch Lodges x2; HCNY; Residences bHC
Vistana: WKORVN
DVC: AUL, VGF
My wife and I are owners at both the HCNY and Residences, and we have a number of saved points for HCNY that we are otherwise at risk of losing at year end. I just saw yesterday that Club website was updated to reflect that these properties aren't opening until 10/1 (estimated, of course). I emailed member services yesterday and received a response from them, reading "We are about to send email communication regarding this and what we are doing to help with the unused points." I'm a little frustrated that HGV can update the availability on their website before they email their owners about these issues, but it sounds like there may be some relief for those of us holding saved points at these properties -- I'm just hoping it isn't an email telling us how to use RCI or converted to HH points!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
My wife and I are owners at both the HCNY and Residences, and we have a number of saved points for HCNY that we are otherwise at risk of losing at year end. I just saw yesterday that Club website was updated to reflect that these properties aren't opening until 10/1 (estimated, of course). I emailed member services yesterday and received a response from them, reading "We are about to send email communication regarding this and what we are doing to help with the unused points." I'm a little frustrated that HGV can update the availability on their website before they email their owners about these issues, but it sounds like there may be some relief for those of us holding saved points at these properties -- I'm just hoping it isn't an email telling us how to use RCI or converted to HH points!

I hope they do something as well. We are lucky we were able to use all but 40 of our 2020 and 2021 points this summer but completely understand your frustration. It was about this time of the year last year (or even later) they announced their plan as to what they were going to do with the 2020 points. Hopefully, they will do something similar this year. Allow saved 2020 points into 2022 and reduce or eliminate the fees to do so would be a great gesture. Even if it's just the owners at properties that haven't opened yet, it would help those that need it. International owners need some relief as well.

HGVC has set a precedent of treating us owners very well and I believe it will continue with this instance. There won't be nearly as many points pushed through to 2022 as many owners, like myself, enjoyed our vacations this summer.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Well I was busy earlier this week and did not see the website update "officially" pushing back the opening date until 10/1. Of course I have received absolutely nothing about my one week booking in September from HGVC which basically is now worthless. I guess I should thank you for the update but this isn't the way HCNY and the Residences should be run. I am just hoping we now hear word on 2020 and 2021 points being rolled into 2022. The sad reality of our situation is these properties could be closed for two years now. Really pathetic and being a relatively new owner I may consult an attorney as to my options but not at that point yet.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Where are you guys seeing the October 1st re-opening date? I’ve gone through the website and app and it still says TBD. How are they going to honor bookings when there is no equivalent availability at the other NYC properties? It’s becoming a bit ridiculous for the Hotel to remain closed at this point.

Sean

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where are you guys seeing the October 1st re-opening date? I’ve gone through the website and app and it still says TBD. How are they going to honor bookings when there is no equivalent availability at the other NYC properties? It’s becoming a bit ridiculous for the Hotel to remain closed at this point.

Sean
The availability is simply shifting online without any proactive announcement (though it sounds like an after-the-fact announcement may be forthcoming), now starting on October 1. There is no official date that they have announced for reopening (both HCNY and the Residences still say "Resuming Operations TBD").

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
The availability is simply shifting online without any proactive announcement (though it sounds like an after-the-fact announcement may be forthcoming), now starting on October 1. There is no official date that they have announced for reopening (both HCNY and the Residences still say "Resuming Operations TBD").
Just got off the phone with HGVC agent and he said Oct 1 is the new date but did not sound optimistic at all about that date holding. He encourage me to make reservations at the Quinn but don't know much about that property. I am tempted to take his offer of a "premiere studio". Any information on the Quinn would be much appreciated. I guess if the option is HH points or the Quinn I may take the Quinn but again don't know much about the place, I thought I was told sometime back it needed updating but the agent said it was a relatively new property.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just got off the phone with HGVC agent and he said Oct 1 is the new date but did not sound optimistic at all about that date holding. He encourage me to make reservations at the Quinn but don't know much about that property. I am tempted to take his offer of a "premiere studio". Any information on the Quinn would be much appreciated. I guess if the option is HH points or the Quinn I may take the Quinn but again don't know much about the place, I thought I was told sometime back it needed updating but the agent said it was a relatively new property.

I believe they finished the renovations at the Quinn. Personally if the dates work for you i would probably take them.

Here are a couple of short promotional videos from HGV on the Quinn:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Agreed to Quinn deal, not entirely great but "bird in hand". Here is a copy of an email I recently received from HGVC for those who may have not received anything lately regarding HCNY and Residences properties.

August 26, 2021

Dear Owner,

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the temporary suspension of operations at select Hilton Grand Vacations properties in New York has been extended through September 30, 2021. The properties impacted are:

• The Hilton Club – New York
  • The Residences by Hilton Club
We would like for you to still be able to enjoy your trip to New York. As a result, we are moving your reservation to The Quin by Hilton Club. If you are moved to a larger unit, you will not be charged extra Points with this move. Also, we will refund any Points difference to your account if the room you receive has a lesser Points value.

Due to the inconvenience of not being able to access the amenities at your Home Resort, you will be given 1,000 Bonus Points per reservation that was relocated. These Points will be processed to your account at check-in. Please allow 14 days for the Points to be reflected in your Club account.

If you do not wish to keep this reservation, you may cancel or modify your reservation on the Club Member website. Per our current cancellation policy, we are waiving Club cancellation penalties, as well as refunding any applicable booking fee through September 30, 2021. Please allow 5 business days for refunds to be credited to your account.

HGV understands this continued closure has impacted some Owners’ ability to use their ClubPoints. Next week, communication will go out to all Owners at The Hilton Club – New York and The Residences by Hilton Club regarding this situation.

As always, the safety and well-being of our Owners, Club Members, guests and HGV Team Members is our number one concern. We remain ready to assist you.

Best wishes,
Hilton Grand Vacations

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just received the below email concerning points for HCNY and Residences owners. Looks like the same deal as international HGVC members generally:

Dear HGV Club Members,
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. As you are aware, Park Hotel & Resorts Inc. temporarily suspended operations at the New York Hilton Midtown on March 16, 2020. Because Park Hotels is the majority member of the condominium in which both the hotel and our timeshare project are located, and provides (via its hotel manager) onsite services to our timeshare project, we've been unable to resume operations as Park Hotels has delayed opening the building and the hotel. We understand this inconvenience to your travel plans and, today, I am happy to share additional steps HGV is implementing for you.
If you have remaining Saved Points in your account, we will automatically resave them at no cost:
  • The Points will appear as Reserved Points and can be used through December 31, 2023.
  • Points will be resaved on September 30, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.
If you have unused current-year 2021 ClubPoints, we will automatically save them at no cost:
  • These Points will appear as Saved Points and can be used through December 31, 2022.
  • Points will be saved on December 1, 2021. We will notify you once we complete the transaction.
  • If you already saved your 2021 ClubPoints, we will process a refund on September 30, 2021. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process.
  • If you wish to save your Points before December 1, 2021, you may do so online on the HGV Club website at my.hgv.com/club. You will NOT be charged for the transaction.
The table below summarizes the different types of transactions you can enjoy with both Reserved Points and Saved Points:​
Points Table
Please note that if you cancel an existing 2021 reservation made with Saved Points or current-year ClubPoints, refunded Points will follow the same process described above.
Since Park Hotels first temporarily suspended operations in 2020, you've had the opportunity to book into your Home Resort based on the projected opening date Park Hotels has given us. As that date has continued to change, we've accommodated your reservation(s) at one of the other HGV properties in New York City, allowing you to continue with your travel plans. We anticipate continuing this process until the hotel and building reopens.
Due to availability and/or certain Owners Lounges being restricted to Home Resort Owners by their associations, you have not had access to the Owners Lounge at the properties where your reservations have been relocated. As a result, you have been given food vouchers or Bonus Points and we will continue doing so unless and until access to such lounges can be provided. We are currently working with our New York resort teams and correlating associations (where applicable) to see if we can provide Owners Lounge access at The Quin by Hilton Club or The Central at 5th by Hilton Club.
HGV understands you may have questions about how the closure impacts your 2022 assessment billing and any surplus from the property's closure in 2021. This is a decision your board of directors will address when they approve the 2022 budget and maintenance fees. Like last year, the board will evaluate the year-to-date surplus and communicate their decision in the annual billing letter.
For additional information about the different types of Points and how to use them, visit my.hgv.com/points. If you have questions about the different types of reservation windows, visit Club Navigator at my.hgv.com/club-navigator or read the 2021 Club Reference guide at my.hgv.com/club-reference-2021.
We hope this delivers more opportunities to travel with Hilton Grand Vacations.​

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Have a neighbor who owns in Vegas and came back from a "update" meeting during his stay there last week and said when he inquired about HGVC and Residences he was told " they a have problems there" and "they (HGVC) are trying to move people out of that property". Has anyone else had a similar experience? Seems pretty crazy especially since the Residences were only open a short while prior to the shut down.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really pathetic and being a relatively new owner I may consult an attorney as to my options but not at that point yet.

Don't waste your time and money with an attorney. Just claiming their actions are a result of COVID will get them off the hook...

George

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Don't waste your time and money with an attorney. Just claiming their actions are a result of COVID will get them off the hook...

George
No doubt, but that will eventually only carry them so far. As I said I am not at that point yet but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the situation at that property. Having said that I see very little resale activity and what little listings I see the price seems, well, OK. Seems like more action on properties at 57th st. which a couple years back was reportedly "sold out".

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a neighbor who owns in Vegas and came back from a "update" meeting during his stay there last week and said when he inquired about HGVC and Residences he was told " they a have problems there" and "they (HGVC) are trying to move people out of that property". Has anyone else had a similar experience? Seems pretty crazy especially since the Residences were only open a short while prior to the shut down.

NY Residence club and HCNY located in the 2000 hotel room Mid town Hilton owned by Park Hotel. Residence opened in 2017. I think the deeded perpetual HCNY was started about the same year or a year after ( the old HCNY are the RTU that was going to expire by around 2032). Both of them are offered discount 1/3 of the MF in 2021. I figure it would be the same for 2022 MF for the saving of overhead. We are good with Residence Club. We own 16,800 points with MF about 0.16 per point. When with 50:1 conversion to 840,000 HHonor points, we could stay in Hilton hotel almost for 26 night at average 40,000 per night (4 nights get the 5th free). We are good with it. We are also happy to use Hilton honor points to travel around the world with lots of free upgrade for diamond members. Hotels of course not as nice as hgv timeshare, but more destination choices.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
NY Residence club and HCNY located in the 2000 hotel room Mid town Hilton owned by Park Hotel. Residence opened in 2017. I think the deeded perpetual HCNY was started about the same year or a year after ( the old HCNY are the RTU that was going to expire by around 2032). Both of them are offered discount 1/3 of the MF in 2021. I figure it would be the same for 2022 MF for the saving of overhead. We are good with Residence Club. We own 16,800 points with MF about 0.16 per point. When with 50:1 conversion to 840,000 HHonor points, we could stay in Hilton hotel almost for 26 night at average 40,000 per night (4 nights get the 5th free). We are good with it. We are also happy to use Hilton honor points to travel around the world with lots of free upgrade for diamond members. Hotels of course not as nice as hgv timeshare, but more destination choices.

I bought HCNY around 2016 and purchased deeded perpetual at that time. As I recall the Residences were still under construction as I remember asking to see them and was told it was not yet possible. A year or two later I was offered a tour but declined as I was happy with were I was at. I have since only stayed at HCNY ONCE! Used my 25K bonus points for several Vegas trips and one trip to Waikoloa. Also stayed at 57th st. several times over the years. I bought HCNY specifically for staying in NYC, was going to buy more but my wife's job in NYC changed course back to the west coast so didn't really need more time/points. I have a home on the Big Island and Orlando isn't really my thing. So I pretty much want HCNY for NYC. That's my story and I know other's situation may be different. As I mentioned up thread I was offered to buy more of HCNY (or other properties) to allow me to change my HGVC points into HH points allowing me to stay at Hilton Hotels, somewhat similar to what you are doing. If I wanted to stay at Hilton hotels I would pay for that, not buy expensive properties and then roll my points into Hilton hotel stays. Maybe that's just me, but I really have no use for that. Since I have owned at HCNY have yet to ever change even a single point into HH points.