• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Thank you everyone. I've signed the contract. Fingers crossed that I'll be joining you all as a Hyatt Vacation Club member. I'm buying an EOY. My understanding is that I pay around 3K every other year (so 3K per use year). If I'm understanding timeshares, Hilton would charge around $180 even for the year that I do not use the timeshare as part of their membership fee, but Hyatt does not. Also, again if I'm understanding the figures I see, Hilton does not quote the membership fee in the MF, but Hyatt includes everything (all fees, taxes, etc.) in the MF. I'm new so tell me if I'm missing anything.

Hyatt charges dues every year regardless of ownership type. I believe they were around $158 this last year.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you pay a club fee every year whether your have ANNUAL or EOY - with both HGVC and HYATT.

But there is a difference. HGVC charges you ONE club fee every year no matter how many units you own. Hyatt charges you one club fee every year FOR EACH UNIT you own.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
The Maui property looks like paradise. I have some questions for you wonderful people in the know. First, why are so many available (for sale on Redweek)? Second, what do you think would be a good price for a two-bedroom oceanfront EOY? The assessments are $3,000/year, but my thinking is that it is worth it if I would use it because it would be hard to trade into for the weeks that I want. Sounds like it is hard to trade into period, and I'm stuck with the school schedule for vacation planning. Thank you wonderful people. I'm new to timeshares. Always thought/heard they were a bad investment. But, it seems to me to be a good way to have a washer/dryer at a reasonable price... and, again, that Maui property looks like paradise.
Its to rich for my blood. But its a very nice resort and hard to get into if you don't own there.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just attended the Maui presentation 2 weeks ago. Their pricing highly favors existing Hyatt RC owners with the discounts. For owners the price for Week 13, 14 or 15, mid-band 2 BR, EOY was $30,000. The "list price" for non-HRC owners is about $37,000 ($43,250 - $4,325 - $1,800). I believe the price would be higher for winter weeks when all the whales are present. The 10% Covid discount won't last long. Don't let the idea of renting your unit be a factor. The rental rates they use are meaningless. Units are generally not available thru HRC as Hyatt pushes hard on owners renting the units themselves.

Keep in mind a timeshare is NOT AN INVESTMENT. It's prepaid vacation. And the resort is indeed magnificent!

View attachment 34998
I only buy resale, however $30K seems like a great price from a developer for this quality and location.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
During the presentation, a handout was provided showing the rack rates to rent the 2 BR timeshare unit (see image). Then they offer at least two ways for the owner to rent the unit - Hyatt and a local rental agent. Renting the unit would quickly off-set the MF and purchase price. Then they compare the daily rates at the Hyatt Regency next door. A basic room (garden view) goes for $550/night before all the add-ons. Thus an owner could receive up to $11,000 for the week rental. Subtract the $3,000 MF and the ROI makes the price attractive. This information is also readily made available on the internet to owners. I would assume this would be covered during "owner update" meetings.
They can offer the rack rate, that doesn't mean the actually put heads in beds for that price. I would be very skeptical of $11,000. I'm sure you could get $3K for it.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I only buy resale, however $30K seems like a great price from a developer for this quality and location.
It would be a great price for an annual unit (comparable to WKORV-OF prices), but OP is buying an eoy for $30K.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Here are the price quotes 2 BR ocean view, in the mid-floor band (Floors 5-8), EOY for existing HRC owners:
Fixed Week (13, 14) = $34,192
Fixed Week (15) = $29,692
Float Week (1-50) = $40,000
MF = $3,000/yr
Non HRC owners:
Fixed Week (13, 14) = $43,192
Fixed Week (15) = $36,892
Float Week (1-50) = $44,752
Holy moly that is expensive for EOY. I couldn't do it. The maintenance fees are high too. But it's Hyatt. We stayed there on a free night with hotel points. It was a one bedroom OF. Beautiful units.

Citygal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Hawaii
Yes you pay a club fee every year whether your have ANNUAL or EOY - with both HGVC and HYATT.

But there is a difference. HGVC charges you ONE club fee every year no matter how many units you own. Hyatt charges you one club fee every year FOR EACH UNIT you own.
Did not know that (not that I would buy more than one with the 2K closing costs...). I don't see where there is a club fee for the non-use years. As I read it, I pay 3K every odd year and nothing in the even years. It appears that the annual owners pay 3K every year. So, I don't see where I am forced to pay during non-use years. Maybe I am missing it though.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MF includes a fee to cover HRC which includes use of points for other than your owned week. That runs about $125/year. The points can be used every year thru the HRC. That's why you pay that additional amount in non-use years.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I pulled this from the The Bay Club which is a HGVC Affiliate. These prices are from 2010. Very similar to the current Hyatt prices.
1619790297993.png

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those are less than half the Hyatt price. HRC prices quoted above are EOY, not annual
Ah, you're right. The EOY is 60% of what is listed above.