• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii vacation to start May 30 - to cancel or not???

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see now how I didn't give enough information. If I have weeks with Marriott, is it possible at this late date to put them into II, and if so, I would assume it would be severly limited.

You can do a late deposit yourself into II 59-14 days ahead of your check in date. Deposit is good for 2 years, but you are limited to manually searching the available inventory and exchanging 60 days or less ahead of check in.

Have a look on MVC at their covid 19 cancellation policy. If you fall under MVC covid 19 policy you may find that to be better.

If you are more than 60 days from check in you can do a regular unrestricted deposit into II.

Last edited:

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a 2 week Hawaii vacation

IMHO Hopefully you have decided to cancel. As of right now, all Hawaii guests have to quarantine for 14 days in their condo/hotel room. That would kill the trip! II told me to call properties individually to find out what their plans are, but it first hinges on the changing situation/SAH orders by the governor, so I would not book anything we wd have to fly to. I'm looking at booking somewhere in driving distance, so that it's easier to change plans if necessary in late May. There are some opportunities out there at properties not usually available, but the situation is so fluid right now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are still thinking of going to Kauai 6/6-6/20. We have had that booked for months. I am holding on to that trip until I absolutely have to cancel.

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: Kauai in June. The Mayor of Kauai is taking a hard stand; all vacation rentals and golf courses are closed indefinitely, Plus there's a 9 pm to 5 am curfew. And the police are handing out $5,000 SAH violation tickets to non-essential workers.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
We are still thinking of going to Kauai 6/6-6/20. We have had that booked for months. I am holding on to that trip until I absolutely have to cancel.
If they lift the 14 days quarantine by then you may have a chance. They were talking on the news this morning of potential options for future visitors including medical verification that you don't currently have the virus. MVCI properties not taking new reservations through May 14th. One employee here at Ko Olina thinks 14 day quarantine for all arrivals will be extended through May which is likely given the approach Hawaii is taking to control the virus.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Wyndham Shearwater may close by then, and maybe United will cancel our flight, but if not, I am definitely going to Kauai 6/6-6/20. We will see. I am hoping the world stops being crazy.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think if we could just shut down until mid May we could resume traveling by then and feel save doing so. At least this is what I hoping for. I have plans for Frenchman's Cove for 6/28 and unless there is still a quarantine I plan on taking that trip but my wife who has Lupus might not be so confident and might not.