• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii travel - CDC says Fully vaccinated people can travel safely within US

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Not sure why I keep seeing this. As far as I know, most states have exemption for religious or philosophical reasons for your child to not have vaccines and still attend school.
There are five states that do not allow religious or personal belief exemptions for attending school:
Maine/New York/W. Virginia/Mississippi/California

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Interesting world. Why would anyone be apposed to a Vaccine Passport? Maybe it could be combined with your Party papers and you could just show those when you travel... or vote or conduct business etc. Seems OK. IF you choose not to "whatever", that's OK. Nobody is forcing you to comply. You just voluntarily surrender your right to do anything. It has worked fine in other countries, minus the no force thing. Like it or not, it's where we're going, for the greater good, so Get on Board!
Well, the Governor of Florida is clearly opposed. I think the thinking is that the “vaccine passport“ makes it easier to “discriminate” against people that are not vaccinated. In Florida the Governor wants the entire state at full-normal. No requirements for anything. Vaccine. Masks. Social distancing. Etc. By barring a vaccine passport (as he’s done by executive order) he largely forces a full-open. Travel to Florida, assume the risk.

Most of the world is working toward a “passport.” Some cruises are advertising “vaccinated only” now.

The only thing that’s certain is that nothing is certain yet. Does seem to me that being vaccinated is a LOT more reliable than a negative test 3 days before you travel.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Just to add something else to debate on this thread:

I work in the health care field and we were able to get our vaccinations this past December. One of our staff, who also received the vaccine in December, has tested positive for CoVid.

This is not necessarily unexpected. We know that a small percentage of people will be no -responders to various vaccines. There have also been cases of individuals getting chicken pox more than once.

This is not to say that you should not get the vaccine but it does illustrate that, even with a so called vaccine passport, it’s not foolproof. It also illustrates by example why heard immunity is so important. It protects those who can’t protect themselves by limiting circulating viruses.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

I work in the health care field and we were able to get our vaccinations this past December. One of our staff, who also received the vaccine in December, has tested positive for CoVid.

This is not necessarily unexpected. We know that a small percentage of people will be no -responders to various vaccines. There have also been cases of individuals getting chicken pox more than once.

This is not to say that you should not get the vaccine but it does illustrate that, even with a so called vaccine passport, it’s not foolproof. It also illustrates by example why heard immunity is so important. It protects those who can’t protect themselves by limiting circulating viruses.

While I agree with your statement that "This is not to say that you should not get the vaccine...." it is an understatement in view of your further comment about the importance of herd immunity. The only way we are going to get to herd immunity is thru vaccination unless alot of people are going to go out of their way to get infected so they get some immunity. Since I and the CDC doesn't recommend that nor do I think most people would do that, SO GET THE VACCINE!

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
I do not think a vaccine passport will be coming to Hawaii very soon. Maui will be instituting a second test on arrival. Big Island has been doing this since October.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I do not think a vaccine passport will be coming to Hawaii very soon. Maui will be instituting a second test on arrival. Big Island has been doing this since October.

I saw this news this morning, a couple of other articles are estimating an passport implementation sometime this summer. Hawaii has taken such a cautious approach so far, i never really expected them to move quickly on the whole vaccine passport idea,

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I have never gotten chicken pox even though I was directly exposed to people who had active chicken pox at various points in my life. In the 90s, I had the chicken pox vaccine. My doctor tested me for titers in 2005 and I was negative. He then gave me another 2-dose chicken vaccine again. In 2015, I enquired about getting a shingles vaccine and I was tested again and found that I did not take the chicken pox vaccines. At that point he said it was pointless to vaccinate me again for chicken pox and shingles vaccine would not apply to me as well. He said just stay away from people with chicken pox and shingles.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score

That second rest is people coming transpacific

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Was that person sick? If so how bad?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Was that person sick? If so how bad?

That I don’t know and probably never will. HIPPA protects those rights. All I know is that’s the reason we can’t ditch the masks despite low positivity rates.

What I’d really like to know is, how many employees are fully vaccinated, and how many test positive afterwards. I’d like to calculate the infection rate among all the employees that are fully vaccinated.

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
yes I agree. I bet we would need some type of vaccination passport to show proof.
I have heard Cerner will have some app-program that will be able to load your proof of vaccine on to show when traveling (our fingers crossed its true) we are heading to Hawaii in June

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What I’d really like to know is, how many employees are fully vaccinated, and how many test positive afterwards. I’d like to calculate the infection rate among all the employees that are fully vaccinated.

In Oregon the State Health Department has released the following out of the 700,000 fully vaccinated there have been 168 break through cases of people coming down with COVID19 or .00024%. Of the 168 3 have died. So the rate of death out of the 700,000 is .0000042857 %. The rate of death out of the 168 break through cases is .0178571429%.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
In Oregon the State Health Department has released the following out of the 700,000 fully vaccinated there have been 168 break through cases of people coming down with COVID19 or .00024%. Of the 168 3 have died. So the rate of death out of the 700,000 is .0000042857 %. The rate of death out of the 168 break through cases is .0178571429%.

The 700,000 stat you use doesn't make a lot of sense. Using that logic, the death rate for all Americans is .15%. Regarding your math 3 out of 168 is 2% not .01785%. Depending on the age of those 3, the death rate could be more or less than the non-vaccinated population.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
In Oregon the State Health Department has released the following out of the 700,000 fully vaccinated there have been 168 break through cases of people coming down with COVID19 or .00024%.

Math check: That is actually 0.024% or 100x your calculation. Yes, still small.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Math check: That is actually 0.024% or 100x your calculation. Yes, still small.
Right. But that is not of 700,000 people that were exposed, just a population set of those vaccinated for a small period of time. Overall in the us, there has just a 9% positivity rate against the US population over 14 months.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza

Pertinent text from Gov. Ige's 19th emergency proclamation:
Self-Quarantine Exceptions:
The following persons entering the State shall not be subject to self quarantine:
(1) persons who enter by recreational boats into the State’s small boat (non-commercial) harbors which have been at sea for at least 10 consecutive days before entering State waters and have no persons on board who are ill or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19;
(2) persons who, prior to departure to the State, upload into the State’s Safe Travels program or otherwise provide dated confirmation received by the traveler prior to departure from a DOH approved COVID-19 testing facility (“Trusted Testing Partner”) of a negative test result, using a DOH-approved form, from an observed test administered to the traveler within 72 hours from the final leg of departure; or
(3) upon the establishment of an exception by the Director of HIEMA, persons who, prior to departure to the State, upload into the State’s Safe Travels program or otherwise provide validation that they have completed a vaccine regimen approved by DOH. This third exception is not available as of the date of this Proclamation, requires action by the Director of HIEMA and details will be posted at https://hawaiicovid19.com/. Persons under the age of five accompanied by a traveler who meets existing test exceptions are not required to obtain a test prior to arrival. 9 of 36 A county may require travelers five years and older to obtain a subsequent test after arrival into the State, which test shall be paid for and administered by the county at a county-designated site. Persons who arrive into a county that requires a subsequent test do not need to self-quarantine prior to obtaining the subsequent test. A county requiring travelers to obtain this subsequent test shall integrate the test protocol into the State’s Safe Travels program and implement it through county emergency orders, rules or proclamations approved in accordance with Section I of this Proclamation.

Full Proclamation attached.

Attachments

• 2104031-ATG_Nineteenth-Emergency-Proclamation-for-COVID-19-distribution-signed.pdf
    969.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: