• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii to require 14-day quarantine of incoming air passengers [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hawaii’s newly created Special Senate Committee on COVID-19 held its first meeting Thursday, as the state Department of Health confirmed six new cases of COVID-19.

Airport Division of the Department of Transportation agreed with the committee’s recommendation to include a new 14-day quarantine of any airline passengers and urged Governor David Ige to put the plan into action immediately.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Is this official. Just wondering because I know someone who works for Redweek that has been swamped with cancellations.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is this official. Just wondering because I know someone who works for Redweek that has been swamped with cancellations.
According to the article, it's awaiting a decision by the governor to implement it.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just a strategy to keep people from coming to the islands. If you are going to be here less than 14 days why come? Why would you come here if your first two weeks was spent in quarantine? What cases there are on the islands are all directly traceable to travel off the islands. There are so many cancellations over here that the odds of bringing in the virus shrink, but it only takes one! There are still only the two cases on Kaua’i and I am sure they would like to keep it that way.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just a strategy to keep people from coming to the islands. If you are going to be here less than 14 days why come? Why would you come here if your first two weeks was spent in quarantine? What cases there are on the islands are all directly traceable to travel off the islands. There are so many cancellations over here that the odds of bringing in the virus shrink, but it only takes one! There are still only the two cases on Kaua’i and I am sure they would like to keep it that way.

And where would they quarantine people?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
And where would they quarantine people?
I thought it was stated in the article posted, but I didn't see it. I do remember reading somewhere that people would be quarantined in their homes or hotels. So I assume it would be a self-quarantine and probably impossible to enforce. I'll see if I can find the reference I read.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was stated in the article posted, but I didn't see it. I do remember reading somewhere that people would be quarantined in their homes or hotels. So I assume it would be a self-quarantine and probably impossible to enforce. I'll see if I can find the reference I read.

That’s rather what I thought. More style than substance, as it were.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
What did she do for groceries/necessities while self-quarantined?
She lives with us. So she is being taken care of. If she lived alone, and in the same town as we do we would have brought them to her. There are ways. There is also grocery delivery, neighbors willing to help out.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this law in effect now and when will it end?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luanne, we have book two weeks for Hawaii this summer.
A fourteen (14) days quarantine on incoming air passengers before you can visit Hawaii. Is not a good thing for my family.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks Luanne, we have book two weeks for Hawaii this summer.
A fourteen (14) days quarantine on incoming air passengers before you can visit Hawaii. Is not a good thing for my family.
I know they are still working out the details, but from the initial article it sounded like you'd be allowed in, but then need to self-quarantine at your hotel. So that would take up your entire trip. I'd also be worried about how much would be back to being open. Some Canadian friends just cancelled (well actually postponed) their dream trip to Maui in April. She said they were refunded everything so they plan to go later on.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Last I heard they were saying 30 days but I haven’t heard of it was an official ban yet.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Multiple reliable sites reporting DVC Aulani closing 5 PM ON March 24 through March 31.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Multiple reliable sites reporting DVC Aulani closing 5 PM ON March 24 through March 24.

Typo on the through date?

It appears they are closing from March 24 to March 31.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I hope Hawaii can open up for business soon. This is going to hurt the entire state. Tourism is a huge industry for them. I am also worried about the Disney parks and all of the people who work there.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I hope Hawaii can open up for business soon. This is going to hurt the entire state. Tourism is a huge industry for them. I am also worried about the Disney parks and all of the people who work there.
Not to mention all of the restaurants, small businesses, etc., etc., etc. throughout the country.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza

As bad as the economy will get, Hawaii does not have the medical resources to treat an epidemic - most of us who live here would rather close the state to visitors and help each other locally to get through this.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree. And I believe it will hurt every other state in the USA as well as many foreign countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.