• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii to require 14-day quarantine of incoming air passengers [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
it appears that the models were deeply flawed to begin with.

another interesting story today. This may happen in other states as well.

Kevsdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because us unamerican wackos that make up the vast majority of California that are staying home as not to spread the virus to our loved ones and others - versus grabbing our guns, threatening law makers and protesting that their Constitution rights are being impinged upon (that likely never actually read the Constitution, or paid attention when learning Science or Math).

Health >> Money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure who you are addressing. As for me, I have been staying home and following the rules. I have not participated in any protests. I stated an opinion that just because an elected official makes a decision that doesn’t mean “the people” agree.
I'm a teacher and understand science and math.
So as of yesterday, there were 2802 deaths in California at noon. Of those 44% were at nursing homes. So 1590 deaths out of 40 million people not in nursing homes. I’m not dismissing those who have been ill or lost lives, every life is precious. But the overall threat has been way overstated.
To say we have a binary choice of health or money is in my opinion simplistic.
If you believe differently than me, I can think you are wrong with out labeling you. It’s all good. Some of my closest friends and favorite people disagree with me. They are smart and informed, we just disagree.
I wish you and your family heath and safety in these crazy times.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why shut down the economy to save lives from Covid-19, but not from other causes? Tens of thousands of people die in traffic accidents every year. Why not ban cars and shut down all traffic, or maybe ban at least non-essential traffic? This will save lives. Tens of thousands of lives.
Ignoring the reductio ad abusrdum, you've actually made the opposite point eloquently. There are a host of evidence-based safety mechanisms, procedures, and regulations required by the government in passenger cars. Each of these either raises the price of a car, makes it more expensive to build the infrastructure (roads) that support them, or places restrictions and requirements on the people who operate them. For example, most states not only require your car to have seatbelts, but insist that you actually wear them. Many of these were quite unpopular with manufacturers, drivers, or both when mandated, but they were done just the same, because the costs were judged to be worth the benefit.

The management of COVID is quite similar in that as certain conditions are met in terms of infection rate growth/decline, testing capacity, etc., economic activity is slowly opened so that as much as possible can resume while still trying to keep the infection in check. If anything many states are relaxing faster than the published Federal guidelines for reopening.

Of course, it is also worth addressing the reductio bits too. There are many ways to do so, but the most salient is that unlike COVID, car accidents do not have a propensity to double every four days if left unchecked.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Is the bottom of the rabbit hole visible yet?????

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Yes, those car safety regulations reduce traffic fatalities, but still tens of thousands of people die every year in the US, and millions more are injured. Ban all non-essential traffic. This will save lives. Why not? Do you put car industry's profits and your joyrides above people's lives?

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, those car safety regulations reduce traffic fatalities, but still tens of thousands of people die every year in the US, and millions more are injured. Ban all non-essential traffic. This will save lives. Why not? Do you put car industry's profits and your joyrides above people's lives?
What do you propose we do? Just interested to hear you proposal.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ignoring the reductio ad abusrdum, you've actually made the opposite point eloquently. There are a host of evidence-based safety mechanisms, procedures, and regulations required by the government in passenger cars. Each of these either raises the price of a car, makes it more expensive to build the infrastructure (roads) that support them, or places restrictions and requirements on the people who operate them. For example, most states not only require your car to have seatbelts, but insist that you actually wear them. Many of these were quite unpopular with manufacturers, drivers, or both when mandated, but they were done just the same, because the costs were judged to be worth the benefit.

The management of COVID is quite similar in that as certain conditions are met in terms of infection rate growth/decline, testing capacity, etc., economic activity is slowly opened so that as much as possible can resume while still trying to keep the infection in check. If anything many states are relaxing faster than the published Federal guidelines for reopening.

Of course, it is also worth addressing the reductio bits too. There are many ways to do so, but the most salient is that unlike COVID, car accidents do not have a propensity to double every four days if left unchecked.
You have actually made the opposite point eloquently. Like in the case of cars, we should have safety measures in place (social distancing, protecting the vulnerable) and leave the rest of the population go about their business. And no, with some common sense measures the number of Covid cases do not double every four days as clearly demonstrated in Sweden. The number of new case there has continued to go down in the last 2-3 weeks.
1589425764461.png

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I live in California, splitting time between the Bay Area and Placer County (which is more rural). I think most people think of the shelter in place as a necessary evil. I am complying. All my friends and acquaintances are complying. But none of us think this is the optional solution. We are all looking forward to better days when we can re-open. I suspect the survey results reflect the “necessary evil.”

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
CLOSED AGAIN. We are not interested in your politics, boys and girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.