• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Quarantine Extended to June 30th

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Still one of 3 rooms occupied (I believe) at Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club with 50 nights and counting. Remaining staff here is awesome as I pick up my Amazon orders. Going to be very quite through June 30th with everything closed at the resort. Looks like we are getting close to possibly opening up the beaches this weekend. Right now you can be in the grass area or in the lagoon but nothing can be put on the sand nor can kids play in the sand. :cool:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
where did you hear that. I called today and the front disk said til May 31.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I heard 6/15. So this is news to me.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The Governor hasn’t extended anything yet. It’s being report that it will likely be extended but it has not been announced yet.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
It was a headline on the ABC KITV local news at 6PM tonight May 13th. Just wait and it will be confirmed online. Kauai opening up beaches on Saturday for a 2 week test. We were reminded today as we went snorkeling in the lagoon that no items can be put on the sand. Only grass area or in the water. A couple of kids maybe between 6 - 8 were told they could not play on the sand. :confused::confused:

Last edited:

Foggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a headline on the ABC KITV local news at 6PM tonight May 13th. Just wait and it will be confirmed online. Kauai opening up beaches on Saturday for a 2 week test. We were reminded today as we went snorkeling in the lagoon that no items can be put on the sand. Only grass area or in the water. A couple of kids maybe between 6 - 8 were told they could not play on the sand. :confused::confused:
From today's Hawaii News Now.....Gov. David Ige said, in a livestream on Facebook. “Certainly, we will be extending the 14-day mandatory quarantine for all travel into the state till the end of June, but there are other businesses and activities … that are medium-risk activities that we’ll look at reopening.”

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I really never understood the mechanics of how that 14 quarantine will end.
Let's say he truly ends extension to end of June.
Does that mean someone who arrives on June 30 is subject to 14 day quarantine, and someone who arrives Jul 1 has no quarantine, or would everyone no longer be quarantined as of July 1?
I would hope the latter.

And I wonder why Kauai is seeing the extension and not Oahu.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Does that mean someone who arrives on June 30 is subject to 14 day quarantine, and someone who arrives Jul 1 has no quarantine, or would everyone no longer be quarantined as of July 1?
I would hope the latter.

I thought the extension was extended to all of Hawaii.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
As of right now, the mayor of Kauai has issued a 14 day quarantine till June 30 for his island.

The rest of the state is under a Statewide quarantine by Gov. Ige until May 30. But he will probably issue an extension of the quarantine to June 30. Though he has not done it yet.

Yes if you arrive on June 30 you have 14 day quarantine and persons arriving July 1 or later would be quarantine free. That is how the state treated the quarantine when first issued in March. This arriving the day before were fine and those arriving 12 hours later would be subject to 14 day quarantine.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
As of right now, the mayor of Kauai has issued a 14 day quarantine till June 30 for his island.

The rest of the state is under a Statewide quarantine by Gov. Ige until May 30. But he will probably issue an extension of the quarantine to June 30. Though he has not done it yet.

Yes if you arrive on June 30 you have 14 day quarantine and persons arriving July 1 or later would be quarantine free. That is how the state treated the quarantine when first issued in March. This arriving the day before were fine and those arriving 12 hours later would be subject to 14 day quarantine.

Why do I keep reading that the 14 day quarantine has been extended to the end of June for all islands?

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/artic...day-room-quarantine-for-tourists-15273786.php

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Why do I keep reading that the 14 day quarantine has been extended to the end of June for all islands?

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/artic...day-room-quarantine-for-tourists-15273786.php

In the article you mentioned is correct, does not say quarantine has been extended. Article states that he WILL most likely extend the quarantine till June 30. He has not issued that order yet. Only the mayor of Kauai has done it to his island.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
In the article you mentioned is correct, does not say quarantine has been extended. Article states that he WILL most likely extend the quarantine till June 30. He has not issued that order yet. Only the mayor of Kauai has done it to his island.

This is the sentence I was referring to:

"Hawaii’s governor, David Ige, said Thursday that the 14-day mandatory quarantine for all travel into the state will be extended until June 30. "

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the sentence I was referring to:

"Hawaii’s governor, David Ige, said Thursday that the 14-day mandatory quarantine for all travel into the state will be extended until June 30. "
As you quote "will be" extended. It has NOT happened yet. He has not issued an order to extend the quarantine.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
As you quote "will be" extended. It has NOT happened yet. He has not issued an order to extend the quarantine.

Okay, Well several news reporting papers and stations seem to think this will happen. And I also thought I had seen something posted on a thread here saying it was a done deal.

I guess you're looking for the words has been extended. :)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are saying the 14 day quarantine expires on June 30. I am saying the official quarantine order expires on May 30. Though Governor Ige has stated that he will most likely extend the order to June 30.

Big difference in posting that the order has already been issued, when it has not been.

That is what I originally posted. Just trying to correct a misconception that the quarantine order is official. Only for the island of Kauai is there a 14 day mandatory quarantine order that expires on June 30.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I would hope the latter.

Can't speak to June, but the current quarantine applies to anyone arriving on or before the last day. So, yes, if it works the same way, if you arrive June 30 you must quarantine, if you arrive July 1, you do not need to. Of course, enforcement will be a lot harder when by July 3 or 4 there are lots of people wondering around.

I expect that they'll keep the quarantine well past June 30, but start creating EXCEPTIONS to it. That is, unless they are able to create a block from flying over unless you'd meet an exception (i.e., a negative test within 24 hours, etc.). In that case they could get rid of the quarantine since there would be nobody TO quarantine.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
You are saying the 14 day quarantine expires on June 30. I am saying the official quarantine order expires on May 30. Though Governor Ige has stated that he will most likely extend the order to June 30.

Big difference in posting that the order has already been issued, when it has not been.

That is what I originally posted. Just trying to correct a misconception that the quarantine order is official. Only for the island of Kauai is there a 14 day mandatory quarantine order that expires on June 30.

It is official as of today: https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-cont...lamation-for-COVID-19-distribution-signed.pdf

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's still June 30th - on Friday the state legislature voted to fund monitoring equipment for the airports, and they said the earliest it would be available was 2 months - take that with a whole salt shaker of salt.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
It's still June 30th - on Friday the state legislature voted to fund monitoring equipment for the airports, and they said the earliest it would be available was 2 months - take that with a whole salt shaker of salt.
This gives them some time to ensure that they have their community spread eliminated, allow travel between islands, get businesses open, and get their ducks in order to start opening for tourism. I still think about the start of August they'll be allowing people to come in without quarantine in some manner.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
[
This gives them some time to ensure that they have their community spread eliminated, allow travel between islands, get businesses open, and get their ducks in order to start opening for tourism. I still think about the start of August they'll be allowing people to come in without quarantine in some manner.

Hawaii Island will finally open the beaches now that the two new active cases have been identified to be related to travel and not community spread. These were residents returning from the mainland and not visitors, the 14 day quarantine does have some merit:

Mayor Kim told Big Island Now Monday that several districts on the Big Island have gone three to four weeks since reporting an active case of coronavirus. Two new active cases of COVID-19 reported over the last few days slowed the decision to reopen beaches, which the counties of Honolulu and Maui began allowing Saturday.

Kim said that once he found out those cases were both linked to travel — one person who’d visited Los Angeles for a short time, and another who’d made several stops, including a stop in Los Angeles — he felt comfortable moving forward with the reopening of beaches islandwide.

“We had no active cases here prior to those two,” the mayor said. “You don’t want to take any risks.”

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
[

Hawaii Island will finally open the beaches now that the two new active cases have been identified to be related to travel and not community spread. These were residents returning from the mainland and not visitors, the 14 day quarantine does have some merit:

Mayor Kim told Big Island Now Monday that several districts on the Big Island have gone three to four weeks since reporting an active case of coronavirus. Two new active cases of COVID-19 reported over the last few days slowed the decision to reopen beaches, which the counties of Honolulu and Maui began allowing Saturday.

Kim said that once he found out those cases were both linked to travel — one person who’d visited Los Angeles for a short time, and another who’d made several stops, including a stop in Los Angeles — he felt comfortable moving forward with the reopening of beaches islandwide.

“We had no active cases here prior to those two,” the mayor said. “You don’t want to take any risks.”
And what likely occurred but isn't mentioned is that they quickly traced those two people's contacts, tested them and advised they quarantine, and if anyone tested positive they traced that person's contacts and did the same. In other words, virus was brought in, found, tested, traced and contained. That will be the exercise over and over if/when tourism comes. By testing before flying, the volume of that should remain quite small (limited to false negatives) and easily manageable.