• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Properties - favorite and why - best way to grab one

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering our first stay with WM in Hawaii in 2019.

What is your favorite property and why?

Tips regarding actually getting a booking without having to waitlist?

We have 3 waitlists for Feb 2019 that are level 1. What are our chances of getting our week?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have stayed at all the Resorts but Valley Isle. My favorite WM Resort is Kihei but that is because my favorite Island is Maui and I like that part of the Island. Patti's favorite Island is Kauai. We stayed at Kapa'a years ago. (We now stay at other timeshares on Kauai. We try and do 1 week in Princeville and 1 week in Poipu.) It is a very Plain Jane Resort. It is right on the water but it is a non-swimming area. Location is good for going both north and south travel. It only has 2 bedroom units on the top floor. No elevators. Only the 2 Bedroom Units have clothes washer and dryer. There is a coin operated laundry on site. When we stayed there the front desk gave the WM Owners coins for the laundry. This is a shared Resort with VI and some are private wholly owned units. Kona is also a Plain Jane Resort and is not on the ocean but across the Highway. No true ocean views. We have stayed there one time. It was ok. Lots of things to do locally. Last year when we were on the Big Island we spent 1 week in the Northwest Area and 1 week on the southeast coast.

I would suggest Kihei Maui for a first trip. If you have 3 Level 1 Wait Lists you have excellent chance 1 or more will come through. Hopefully your Wait Lists are as Broad as possible i.e. 7 day during "X" 30 day period any sized unit.

The only advice I can give for Booking is the normal 13 month at 6am. Create your request the day before and save it. Try to sign on starting about 5:57am. Once you sign on recall your saved request and start hitting Book it at 6am. Remember to be signed on to your Google account or other browser to avoid the picture thing. Also helps if you go after Labor Day but well before Thanksgiving. Or late February but well before Spring Break time frame.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you join TUG ($15) you will have access to our member's only reviews and rating with reviews for all resorts in Hawaii. They are linked as Resort Reviews at the top of th page.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
There is no tip for booking the WM Hawaii resorts other than the two provided - wake up at 6am to book and waitlist. WM has over 200k+ members and less than 500 rooms in Hawaii, and at 10k or less for a week it is a steal (i.e. maint fees = $700ish). So very popular.

If you have access to Club Pass, the Wyndham resorts in Hawaii are very easy to book. Yesterday, the Bali Hai resort on Kauai had rooms available every day between June and Nov - including Thanksgiving week.

Also you can normally find weeks available on RCI.

Last edited:

dori47

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Beach Vacation Club
WorldMark
We had two level 1 waitlists for Kapaa and got both of them. Good central location, but lots of road noise. Stayed at WorldMark on the big island and enjoyed that. Have not stayed at WorldMark on Maui because we have another TS in Maui. Having been to Maui lots, would recommend Maui for your first trip, lots of things to do, but if you want relaxation Kauai is best