• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii is likely just eight to 10 days away from dropping COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
And this discussion is getting way off topic now.
Very much so. I’m just hoping, but not confident, that Hawaii will eliminate the mainland testing requirement before we fly over in 10 days. I’m guessing I’ll miss by a couple days (it was my comment that I’d save a few hundred dollars for the tests if they change the rule before I go that took us off topic).

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
...so yeah, Hawaii appears to be within 10 days of dropping COVID testing requirements.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
...so yeah, Hawaii appears to be within 10 days of dropping COVID testing requirements.
Ugh. And I‘m 8 days from flying, so 7 days from having to get tested. My wife and I both know we’re going to miss by “this much.”

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

YES, I would love to get back on topic and drop the insurance/ethics discussion. (please)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is another thread in this form for Insurance posts. That is not the topic of this thread.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a travel advisory - don't make it political.

Hawaii is 3% away from dropping the mandatory C-19 testing. Some are hoping for a July 1 policy change:

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
After dropping $420 for covid tests, I curse timing.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
One week too late for us. At least the inter-island tests are gone.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For all of you who paid big bucks for your testing to go to Hawaii, we got ours free through Walgreen's. I wonder what the difference is. Could it have been our Medicare age? Pre-existing conditions? Luck?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
This is a travel advisory - don't make it political.

Hawaii is 3% away from dropping the mandatory C-19 testing. Some are hoping for a July 1 policy change:
Still hoping they'll look out ahead and change the rules effective when they hit 60% and not just announce the date when the rules will change when they hit 60%. It seems the Lt. Gov. wants that. The Gov, not so clearly. He seems to be saying, once they reach 60% they'll let everyone know how much longer before the testing requirement goes away.

The story says that Ige cautioned that number of people getting vaccinated each day is declining which will delay getting to the key 60% level. “We do anticipate crossing that 60% threshold,” said Ige. “It is hard to predict exactly when that would happen because of the fact that the pace of vaccinations is actually slowing...."

But that's incorrect. Someone becoming fully vaccinated tomorrow had their second shot (or their single J&J shot) two weeks ago. If they have enough people in that two-week pipeline to reach 60% there's no stopping reaching 60%, so they should know now when they'll hit that 60% number. The slowing rate of vaccinations impacts things 5-6 weeks later (3-4 weeks for 2nd shot, 2 weeks more after that).

And, yes, the Lt. Gov. is correct... the airports will be a LOT easier to deal with over the holiday weekend if they don't have to do the Safe Travel checks.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
The way I am reading things is that there will still be some form of Safe Travels checking, but without the uncertainty of getting a test back in time.
Yes, I guess you'll still have to show your proof of vaccination. I was entering our upcoming trip this morning and saw that they have updated the Safe Travels website to allow for those vaccinated in Hawaii to upload a JPG of their CDC vaccine card, but it says they still have to show it at the airport.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Not so fast......Hawaii time.....I doubt it will happen before July 4th or even in the month of July if I were a betting man......
https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/06/i...ictions-ahead-of-july-4-as-vaccinations-slow/
I watched an interview of the Lt. Gov. this morning from yesterday. He said that they will exceed 60% before July 1 based on the number of people that received their second shots more than 1 week ago. They know the exact number of people that are more than 1 wk and less than 2 wk post second shot, and the number that are less than 1 wk post second shot. That first group puts them over 60% and that will occur BEFORE June 29 (one week from yesterday when he quoted the numbers).

He is advocating for a July 1 date. He made clear that the ball is in the Governor's court and it is just now up to the Governor to decide what day they will start accepting proof of mainland vaccination in lieu of testing to be exempt from quarantine.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We fly on Saturday and are getting our Covid tests on Thursday. That is cutting it close, but last time Kaiser had ours done in 12 hours. We are vaccinated, so I think the requirement is a bit ridiculous.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Yes, I guess you'll still have to show your proof of vaccination. I was entering our upcoming trip this morning and saw that they have updated the Safe Travels website to allow for those vaccinated in Hawaii to upload a JPG of their CDC vaccine card, but it says they still have to show it at the airport.

I just looked at my CDC vaccination card trying to find what the JPG was on the card and couldn't find anything that matched that. We were vaccinated in New York State at a Catholic Health Services major vaccination site in February and March. What is the JPG?

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just looked at my CDC vaccination card trying to find what the JPG was on the card and couldn't find anything that matched that. We were vaccinated in New York State at a Catholic Health Services major vaccination site in February and March. What is the JPG?
JPG is an image format -so if you scan your CDC card and save it, most apps will save it as a .jpg file.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

I just realized what you meant by the JPG! A picture of the card! I was looking for some type of official number or registration that would be recognized by the officials in Hawaii. Billlions being spent on vaccinations in the US and no type of record system that can be checked and recognized by different agencies!

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this stage of the game, a statement by the person saying they've been vaccinated is about as trustworthy as the card itself.

in my case, for the first shot they wrote down the lot number and the brand name on the card and handed it to me to fill out the rest. I forgot the card for the second shot, so the nurse wrote down the lot number on a business card and told me to just fill it in myself. She claimed the doctor's office would have a record of the vaccination, but that there was no other registry where the information would go to.

It's down to believing individuals and taking their word at face value to determine if they've been vaccinated.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I keep watching this thread, hopefully to find out that the requirement is dropped by this Saturday, which is when we arrive, but alas, we are leaving in an hour to get our Covid tests.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I keep watching this thread, hopefully to find out that the requirement is dropped by this Saturday, which is when we arrive, but alas, we are leaving in an hour to get our Covid tests.
Right there with you. We’re holding off until Monday to get tested for our Tuesday trip, but it’s wishful thinking at this point. I do think the Lt. Gov. Is spot on though with his concern if they don’t change the rule by July 1. As he explained, they are sure to get travelers over the July 4 weekend thinking all they need is proof of vaccination.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have to get our daughter tested regardless, but was hoping that my wife and I could skip it so that we could split up when we land (I want to get my rental car quickly). I don't have to schedule my test until next Thursday, so I'm holding out a little more hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.