• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Information Files for this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are a regular here, you know we get a lot of questions about activities, dining and sightseeing. I think it would be great if we created some permanent stickies to preserve some of the great info. that we have here. If you will help me put together the info., I will put together the stickies.

I would like to use this format:

A different sticky for each island.

For each island there would be 4 categories:
Activities
Dining
Sightseeing
Misc. Info.

If you'd like to contribute please:
1) only recommend things you have personally experienced and
2) provide an internet link with more info. - if you don't have a link, you can easily find one by googling the name of the activity, restaurant, etc.

I am open to suggestions about any other way to structure this? :hi:

(Don't post your info. yet, I will start different threads for each island.)

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fantastic idea! So many of the same questions and answers are repeated, it would be great to have a centralized location. :banana:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We already have such material stored in the TUG reviews area: TUG Hawaii Tips and FAQs. Why not just add to that and update that??"

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We already have such material stored in the TUG reviews area: TUG Hawaii Tips and FAQs. Why not just add to that and update that??"

I can't edit those pages so I would have to send every single thing to an Admin or Review Mgr. and ask them to update. I also suspect that they are under-utilized because of where they are located. On the Starwood Board, we have put together our own resources which are right at our fingertips when someone asks for info., and I was hoping we could do that here.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I can't edit those pages so I would have to send every single thing to an Admin or Review Mgr. and ask them to update. I also suspect that they are under-utilized because of where they are located. On the Starwood Board, we have put together our own resources which are right at our fingertips when someone asks for info., and I was hoping we could do that here.

It's not a good idea to keep similar files in multiple locations. I think that someone (Brian??) should decide whether the info should be stored in reviews or on the BBS. Then the other site should link to the location where the files are stored.

Note that this isn't just a Hawai'i issue. The same situation applies with every geographic area.

I'll send a PM to Brian alerting him to this thread.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You know, Steve, I have thought for a long time that you would be a great moderator - have you ever volunteered?

Also - I agree that the info. on the Review page is valuable, but it hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years. There is a link at the top of the Hawaii Forum that directs people there.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would agree, this information needs to be stored on the review pages....or at the very least the homepage for the review area.

If they havent been updated, then we need to update them. I dont want to see the Forums replace the review pages.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brian - Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.