• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Availability November 2017

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Hi Tuggers,

I'm currently awaiting transfer of a points contract and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of current availability in Hawaii November 2017 for a 1 bedroom?

Thanks

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,

I'm currently awaiting transfer of a points contract and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of current availability in Hawaii November 2017 for a 1 bedroom?

Thanks
Earliest anyone can do that will be tomorrow, assuming the website is up and running properly (it's been down the last couple of days for some unknown reason).

The site is up now, but the ability to look at available reservations closed at 11:45 Eastern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Thanks for letting me know

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Do the Hawaii resorts generally have much short term availability?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have not looked out there much. We want to go to Hawaii, but it will be a few years before we go.

Sorry I cannot be if more help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,

Thanks

Any certain property in Hawaii?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that Hawaii is one of those places that it is cheaper to exchange in through RCI instead of using straight Wyndham points.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either of Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Kona or Royal Sea Cliff

You didn't say how many nights so I am going to assume 7 nights.

Beach Walk is very limited. Nov 26th is the only 1 bedroom (deluxe) they have. 214k in points
Bali Hai is wide open. Don't see anytime sold out.
Kona doesn't have 1 bedrooms but lots of opening for their 2 bedrooms in November
Royal Sea Cliff, once again no 1 bedrooms but plenty of 2 bedrooms all month long

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
I think that Hawaii is one of those places that it is cheaper to exchange in through RCI instead of using straight Wyndham points.

I'm still figuring all this stuff so I'm wondering what you mean when you say cheaper through RCI exchange? Thanks

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
RCI has fixed pt values based on unit size and season - regardless of the resort. So sometimes you can exchange in for less pts than booking a direct reservation in Club Wyndham. You have to take into consideration the exchange fee of course.

For example a 2 BR week at Wyndham Shearwater would be 400k. But if you found one in RCI, it could be 205k for the week.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which location in Hawaii? Despite the relatively small size of the state, there are a number of resorts. Wyndham has the most representation on Kaui, near Princeville; there you will find Bali Hai Villas, Makai Club Cottages, Ka'eo Kai, Kaui Beach Villas, and Shearwater. There appears to be availability at all of them in November.

On the big island, you have Kona Hawaiian, Royal Sea Cliff, and Mauna Loa Village. Kona Hawaiian and Royal Sea Cliff have availability, Mauna Loa Village does not.

In Waikiki, you can pay an outlandish number of points to stay at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort (784K points/week for a hotel room). There is Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk and Royal Garden also. There is availability at Royal Garden, but only very limited availability at Waikiki Beach Walk.

On Maui your options are limited... Outrigger Maui Eldorado, Outrigger Royal Kahana, and The Kapalua Villas. Availability and booking restrictions here. A 1BR unit is available at Outrigger Royal Kahana for 567K points for the week of 11/11.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Which location in Hawaii? Despite the relatively small size of the state, there are a number of resorts. Wyndham has the most representation on Kaui, near Princeville; there you will find Bali Hai Villas, Makai Club Cottages, Ka'eo Kai, Kaui Beach Villas, and Shearwater. There appears to be availability at all of them in November.

On the big island, you have Kona Hawaiian, Royal Sea Cliff, and Mauna Loa Village. Kona Hawaiian and Royal Sea Cliff have availability, Mauna Loa Village does not.

In Waikiki, you can pay an outlandish number of points to stay at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort (784K points/week for a hotel room). There is Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk and Royal Garden also. There is availability at Royal Garden, but only very limited availability at Waikiki Beach Walk.

On Maui your options are limited... Outrigger Maui Eldorado, Outrigger Royal Kahana, and The Kapalua Villas. Availability and booking restrictions here. A 1BR unit is available at Outrigger Royal Kahana for 567K points for the week of 11/11.

Great info - thanks for your help!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Many different factors in play including season, size of unit you want, number of units at resort, etc. All I can do is share my experience. In February 2017 I made reservations for May 2017 at Kauai Beach Villas and Waikiki Beach Walk. Two bedroom units both times. I had no problem getting the dates I wanted at that time, 3 months out.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Many different factors in play including season, size of unit you want, number of units at resort, etc. All I can do is share my experience. In February 2017 I made reservations for May 2017 at Kauai Beach Villas and Waikiki Beach Walk. Two bedroom units both times. I had no problem getting the dates I wanted at that time, 3 months out.

Thanks for your help. I understand it's a pretty broad question with plenty of variables but basically I have a contract which should have completed transfer by August and I'm just trying to see if I'll be able to use it to book a 1br somewhere (anywhere) in Hawaii in October or November

slabeaume

Reaction score
Oct. and November are sort of slow seasons for Hawaii (along with April and May). I would bet you'd have a good chance of getting something---at least on Kauai or the Big Island. As mentioned above, you also have the option of RCI exchanges which can save you points---but cost an exchange fee. There's usually something available through RCI, some not as nice as Wyndham, but there are some that are nicer.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
The week after Thanksgiving and the first week or two of December are pretty easy to trade into Hawaii. People are done traveling for Thanksgiving, and Christmas travel has not started yet. I was monitoring that time stretch last year for my daughter who wanted a Hawaii trade and it was fairly easy. I was pretty amazed at the inventory that came through II in that time period. Airfare seems more reasonable then too.