• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Airfare -LAX to LIH (Kauai)

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week booked in Kauai June 30th - July 7th

I checked airfares from LAX to LIH via HNL and the lowest by far seems to be Hawaiian Air
Total cost for 2 is 988.00 including all taxes.

I have it on hold. On the flight from LAX to HNL I got the last 2 seats next to each other.

Any thoughts if I should go through with it and book the airfare or will something better come along?

The cancellation fees are too expensive for a change if a cheaper rate comes avaliable.

dive-in

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
I just check United's website and they have non-stop flights for 823.31. It says it includes taxes and charges. I didn't try completing the reservation.

It was 828.30 w/all taxes and charges on American's web site. All are non-refundable fares. I've been looking at the LAX to LIH flights for awhile and those are the only non-stops I've found.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
dive-in said:
I just check United's website and they have non-stop flights for 823.31. It says it includes taxes and charges. I didn't try completing the reservation.

It was 828.30 w/all taxes and charges on American's web site. All are non-refundable fares. I've been looking at the LAX to LIH flights for awhile and those are the only non-stops I've found.

Your costs are $823 per person.. mine is a total for two.. its $494.00 per person including tax

ZCar

Reaction score
Probably not bad.
We have Hawaiian Flights to Honolulu only: $1036.80 for two. Saturday June 3, return Saturday June 17.
This is flight HA1 leaving at 8:35 am and return Flight HA2 arrives back in LAX at 9:05 pm. This reservation was made early November.
Think I'm afraid to check fare today.

It seems a lot of posters do not give specific details on the flights mentioned.
Such as times and dollars, arriving and departing times.
We don't care for late arrival, early depart or red-eyes, so typically, we pay more. And also typically, with our timeshare reservations being made at least a year ahead, we always seem to fall just outside the real specials.

Now I'm looking for LAX to Kauai to Maui for mid-October. Hawaiian looks best at the moment.
Enjoy Kauai.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we leave LAX at 8:50am.. the on the retunr flight we leave Kauai around 10am

I saw one way to HNL in June for $164 on HA

ZCar

Reaction score
Just got up courage!
For the flights I mentioned: It's $1138.40 web fare for two now. A small discount would apply due to being Hawaiian Miles member.
There are less expensive flights on other days and times and for this time period, $169 going was least. Return was considerably higher.
I rather like the Hawaiian site, as it presents a weeks possible flight options.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd say that's a pretty good fare for a prime week (July 4th holiday.)

-David

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
I booked similar flights too. My posting about it is in the Hawaii section.

It's an internet-only offer; my travel agent couldn't see it. And it's only from LAX; flights from other west coast cities were in the $750 range. But anyone who can fly Southwest to LAX could still save money.

And the strangest thing was that LAX-LIH (and OGG and KOA) was cheaper than LAX-HNL. The rates to the outer island airports was $229 one way plus taxes, and most flights to HNL were $269 (although you could go at 6am for $169).

I looked again about 2 days ago and the $229 rates were gone, but there were tickets in the next tier up, about $249.

My dates were July 22 -August 5, and the flights were HA1 and HA2 with LIH connections.