• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HAVING TO WORK WHILE AT KIDANI - NEED WIFI INFO

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
7 months ago I booked at Kidani because we had a bunch of points expiring. I have ended up HAVING to do a WebEx while on vacation. I have to have stable internet connection in order to video in. Has anyone used WIFI for WebEx at Kidani? Do I need to purchase a hotspot? elaine

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
7 months ago I booked at Kidani because we had a bunch of points expiring. I have ended up HAVING to do a WebEx while on vacation. I have to have stable internet connection in order to video in. Has anyone used WIFI for WebEx at Kidani? Do I need to purchase a hotspot? elaine
I've done streaming and it was fine but the signal varied a lot with location in the unit for using the phones and computers.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done streaming and it was fine but the signal varied a lot with location in the unit for using the phones and computers.

Dean --- thank you for replying. I am a little worried about this.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it turns out you need a hot spot, you can get it there.

We have a son who is living (and working remotely) in an RV and is finding that accommodations sometimes need to be made on the fly.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at AKV for a week in February and the internet is pretty bad there. If you don't need video, you should be fine. We had some pretty skippy FaceTime calls when I talked to family.

I would try running a speedtest, if you get more than say 5 mbps, and the latency isn't bad you should be fine.

My Verizon internet worked pretty well. If you can activate a hotspot on your phone, it may be better in a pinch.

Good luck!

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other problem is that it can depend on time of day. In the morning and evening---when folks are back in their rooms---it seems to be worse. Mid-day might be a bit better when folks are more likely to be in the parks/pools/whatever.

If you can get by with a voice call, it will almost certainly be fine. If I *needed* video, and not having it would have real consequences, I'd use cellular as a backup.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean --- thank you for replying. I am a little worried about this.
Disney went through a Wifi upgrade in 2018/2019 and improved their internet overall. As I noted, the signals vary from unit to unit as well as within the unit. I know at one point you could access the wired internet with a ethernet cable at AKV but I'm not sure this is in every unit or has changed. If you have a travel router or even an extra router around then I'd take it and a longer ethernet cable. I routinely travel with a travel router anyway just because of signal issues and because some timeshares limit the number of devices you can have connected (not Disney) usually to 4 unless you pay extra. This is the one I have, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RCZQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It can be used as a client, access port or just a router. I normally have it where I sign in to the router then connect it wirelessly to the wifi signal and I have my own signal. I also looked at the Ravpower one as it has a built in battery so you can use it without having it plugged in but decided on the one above due to price, size and weight. I seem to recall that our phone signal at Kidani was not that great (T-mobile) so if one is going to rely on the phone (or a hotspot), might want to check in to coverage issue. The internet certainly was better overall in the public areas at Kidani in Jan.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean - Thanks for the information. I looked at getting the router that you recommended and it is not available for delivery until after we leave --- but it is available before my hearings so I am considering having it delivered to Kidani. Pre-pandemic, I had great luck having packages delivered to OKW, not so sure about Kidani.

Jim - My cellphone provider is also TMobile - I have a phone and hot spot service but I have never had good luck with signals at WDW. It is one of the reasons that I am worried. My husband had AT&T so we may check signals and see which hotspot works better.

We have nothing planned on arrival day. For the first time in years, we have rented a car. I think we will spend arrival day working out technical issues. I will scout out Best Buy also.

I appreciate you both.

elaine

K Cain

Reaction score
We've had packages from Amazon delivered to Kidani, and it was fine. If you had no problems with OKW, you should be fine. You can always check with Bell Services prior to check-in and make sure your package is delivered properly with the proper care instructions.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Historically the resorts with a business center charge for deliveries but I doubt they are during Covid.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
It worked fine for me during the day, but I was just checking emails and such, not working.