• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used an 1+1?

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used an 1+1 in the last 12-18 months? And if so, could you share with us what you were able to get - resort, location and time frame?

I have two in my account and with all the post beginning to wonder if they are worth anything or not, should I just forget about them? :D

Thanks

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 plus 1

It's been a while since I've used one. The thing you have to remember is that they are only good for certain places in the off season. Spain is a likely candidate. Ask a VC exactly what areas 1 plus 1's are being offered. Incidently what is offered changes literally from minute to minute.

jfrisk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used two last March/April. The places that I got were Eagle Trace @ Massanutten with checkin Easter weekend & Land of Canaan the following week.

Judy

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
pueblo bonito sunset beach in Cabo

I used one to snag a one bedroom for this labor day week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo. Granted it is off season but the resort is great. If I recall, I reserved it in April of last year.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I had a couple sit in my account for two years but never had any luck using them. I have another one now and keep watching for an opportunity. Nothing yet.

Sheila

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called a VG a few years ago to see what I could get in Mexico. VG told me there was a lot of availability in Mexico -- except they were all mandatory AI. Wasn't interested at that point any longer -- maybe we'll try again.

In 2001, I used a last call week to book a week in Malaga, Spain off-season (late October 2001). I believe it cost $179 at that time.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
From RCI:

A. What are the One-Plus-One weeks that appear in my account?

When you confirm an exchange in an area targeted for the One-Plus-One promotion, an additional vacation week at special rates is deposited into your account automatically. It appears online as a One-Plus-One week; however, it cannot be accessed online. You will need to contact an RCI Guide to confirm these. For every regular exchange confirmed into targeted areas, members may confirm an additional week into any of the same areas for $219.99 domestic (299.99 CD) and $263.99 international (362.99 CD). Availability is in the following regions:

East Coast - Virginia Beach, Virginia to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
North Interior US - Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia
Pennsylvania
Tennessee & Smoky Mtn Resorts in North Carolina and Georgia
Canada - Ontario & Quebec
East Coast - Maine to Maryland
Great Lakes Area (Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota)
Ozarks (Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma)
Texas - Inland

Southeastern Florida (Vacation Village at Bonaventure #4025 and Vacation Village at Weston #5773 only)
All International Destinations

The One-Plus-One program is not available online. You will need to contact an RCI Guide for assistance. These weeks are valid for two full years, for travel dates up to two years in advance. However, they are only valid for the areas outlined above. You do not have to confirm the same resort/area with your One-Plus-One week as you confirmed to qualify for it. And you don't have to confirm consecutive weeks. After you confirm a standard exchange in one of the targeted areas, the One-Plus-One week is deposited into your account automatically overnight. You may also confirm the extra week on the same phone call if you want - the RCI Guide can deposit it for you immediately.