• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you tried any travel challenges that led to something more than you imagined?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I love this story!

When life gave them lemons, they made lemonade. What a wonderful summer of memories they will take with them for the rest of their lives! This made me think that many TUGgers have probably done something similar. Have you and/or your family ever challenged yourselves to complete some type of travel challenge or bucket list that ended up being much more than just accomplishing a fun task?

The first one that comes to mind for me is our first visit to Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival. We discovered the festival was occurring during our visit and our daughter is a huge foodie so she was extremely excited. We downloaded all the special menus and food locations in the World Showcase and started planning our trip. We created a spreadsheet and determined what places we would hit, which food options we each would select and the cost for each of us. We spent days, if not weeks, planning our great food adventure. Executing the plan took 3 days and probably quite a few antacids! That was probably our best overall vacation ever.

Our daughter also suffers from anxiety and depression so that trip holds special memories for all of us because she was so happy and so focused on helping us accomplish our goal of hitting every country and trying every food and drink that we had planned. Since then, we’ve been back to the festival several times and we always do basically the same thing. And she still remembers everything we’ve had before and points out anything she remembers that isn’t on the menu any longer. Every trip is a lot of fun and brings back memories of the good times we’ve had before.

What about you? What are some travel challenges you’ve taken that have special meaning to you?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I love this story!

When life gave them lemons, they made lemonade. What a wonderful summer of memories they will take with them for the rest of their lives! This made me think that many TUGgers have probably done something similar. Have you and/or your family ever challenged yourselves to complete some type of travel challenge or bucket list that ended up being much more than just accomplishing a fun task?

The first one that comes to mind for me is our first visit to Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival. We discovered the festival was occurring during our visit and our daughter is a huge foodie so she was extremely excited. We downloaded all the special menus and food locations in the World Showcase and started planning our trip. We created a spreadsheet and determined what places we would hit, which food options we each would select and the cost for each of us. We spent days, if not weeks, planning our great food adventure. Executing the plan took 3 days and probably quite a few antacids! That was probably our best overall vacation ever.

Our daughter also suffers from anxiety and depression so that trip holds special memories for all of us because she was so happy and so focused on helping us accomplish our goal of hitting every country and trying every food and drink that we had planned. Since then, we’ve been back to the festival several times and we always do basically the same thing. And she still remembers everything we’ve had before and points out anything she remembers that isn’t on the menu any longer. Every trip is a lot of fun and brings back memories of the good times we’ve had before.

What about you? What are some travel challenges you’ve taken that have special meaning to you?

Years ago I joined the VT 251 club with the goal of seeing every single town- incorporated and non incorporated- in Vermont. I have 77 left. Next week we head up to our timeshare again and we plan to see a few more.

Little by little....

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I haven’t tried any type of challenge like this but now I’m inspired to! I’ll have to think of something fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
It’s not really a “challenge”. But we bought a National Park Annual Pass this year and are going to see how many Parks we can get to before it expires at the end of July 2021.

We’re already been to Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Bryce Canyon.

In a few weeks: Arches and Canyonlands.

Maybe: Sequoia or Joshua Tree late Oct

Nov: Grand Canyon.

Early March: Death Valley

Early May: Zion

Late June: will try to hit up Lassen Volcanic NP, Redwoods NP and Crater Lake NP in conjunction with a trip to Oregon.

July: Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP

So we could manage to visit 15 National Parks in a year. But if we manage to squeeze in a dozen, I’ll feel like we got our money’s worth out of the $80 pass, lol.

Yosemite Valley:

D17EFFD3-5FE9-478A-A310-0DF87F0EB351.jpeg

Rowell Meadow in Sequoia National Forest:

38CC8D01-3938-4A25-A8E9-0D8364BC255F.jpeg

Bryce Canyon Amphitheater:

EB912B24-44B4-4076-8393-2B652E8A87D4.jpeg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s not really a “challenge”. But we bought a National Park Annual Pass this year and are going to see how many Parks we can get to before it expires at the end of July 2021.

We’re already been to Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Bryce Canyon.

In a few weeks: Arches and Canyonlands.

Maybe: Sequoia or Joshua Tree late Oct

Nov: Grand Canyon.

Early March: Death Valley

Early May: Zion

Late June: will try to hit up Lassen Volcanic NP, Redwoods NP and Crater Lake NP in conjunction with a trip to Oregon.

July: Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP

So we could manage to visit 15 National Parks in a year. But if we manage to squeeze in a dozen, I’ll feel like we got our money’s worth out of the $80 pass, lol.

Yosemite Valley:

View attachment 26745

Rowell Meadow in Sequoia National Forest:

View attachment 26747

Bryce Canyon Amphitheater:

View attachment 26746

That sounds, and looks, fun! Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My goal is to join the All 8 Club, by visiting all 8 of the Channel Islands off the coast of So. CA. I will have to find a way to visit San Clemente, which is run by the military. I'm hoping to find a conservation group to join, to work on a project there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

(I did some conservation work on San Nicolas last year. It is also run my the military.) The other islands are not restricted, and I hope to get to 2 more of those this fall. I am enjoying learning more about them, as I go along, about the native populations, the Russian fur trade, the ranching operations, and movie filming there.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just ran across this article this morning about a guy visiting every continent. I bet this is one many Tuggers wish they could accomplish, and maybe some have. This guy doing it in a wheelchair is pretty inspiring!

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Made my goal of visiting all 50 states in 2014. At one point golfing in all states was a goal, since we'd done so in Alaska, but alas that is not feasible. New goal is to visit a winery in all the contiguous US states which will be a challenge as we will have to backtrack to catch some New England states, a few in mid-America and in the Rockies.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are going to try to visit as many Nevada State Parks as we can from now until this time next year. We bought an RV and plan to explore our state.
We will also be going to neighbor states in the RV, but the thing that's a 'challenge' of sorts is the State Parks. If we can get to 15 of them we can get a free pass for next year. They're not expensive so it's more just for bragging rights.
Made my goal of visiting all 50 states in 2014. At one point golfing in all states was a goal, since we'd done so in Alaska, but alas that is not feasible. New goal is to visit a winery in all the contiguous US states which will be a challenge as we will have to backtrack to catch some New England states, a few in mid-America and in the Rockies.
Those are 2 good ones. And, the bragging rights are what’s really important! ;)