• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you made any great exchanges since 12/25/2019

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My 2019 year was a disaster as I had to cancel most of my weeks because of family illnesses. Plus I was tardy and did nothing with my weeks. So I organized everything and with a little effort got some great trades. My guess is most people are busy with the holiday and aren’t looking as these were not ogs.

In the HGVC system I found February 2020 Captiva Week. So surprised by that.

in RCI I got a early September in Hershey Park PA

in II I got a second week in late May for coastal Maine InnSeason Resorts The Falls at Ogunquit

and maybe this doesn’t count for the question I asked, I just got it in on time by a day, for a request for a summer flex week and got a week one 2021 at Eagles Nest Marco Island

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Panina:

you are my hero, you can find such great opportunities... congrats, these all sound great and I hope you get to use these for 2020...

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I love hearing about others great trades! I'm trying to hold off for awhile. 2020 was all booked up by mid 2019 for the most part. And I'm holding off on 2021 to see what pops up during the year. I do have a week between Christmas and New Year's on hold through GPX for Villa L'Auberge in Del Mar. Just can't decide if I want to take it or not. We have some nice weeks that we could just use in 2021 so I don't need to trade unless we feel the need to go somewhere.

I hope that I get some inspiration from this thread. I can't wait to see the trades.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just got confirmed into week 51 , thanks to my Quarter House exchange into Commodore Beach Club on Madeira Beach. My Nephew has been bugging us to spend a Christmas with him and 2020 will be the year we do it

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
On Jan 1, I prepaid my 2021 SBP maintenance fees and used my 1BR to book a 2BR Sedona Summit over next Thanksgiving. This is not an amazing trade, its something I'd expect to be able to do. But its nice to get the exact dates at location you want.

I had some Marriott Destination Club booking windows open in early Jan, so I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do with my DC points too. I have a 2BR gold Marriott Mountainside week. I had used the DC points associated with that to book a 1BR next August at Mountainside but I really wanted 5 days. I was able to get those 5 days, successfully drop the two weekend days, book 2 weekdays at Newport Coast in a 2BR and also add three nights in an oceanview studio at Marriott Maui Ocean Club for the dates preceeding a week-long stay we have at Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach for May.

We also decided we'd been travelling plenty and we wanted to stay home over New Years instead of heading to Hyatt Highlands Inn in Carmel, CA. So I cancelled that reservation 48 hours ahead and deposited the points in II with three more years to use them. My 4 night Hyatt reservation is more than enough to get me a week as an II exchange. Sweet.

This year we've gotten everything we want with zero trouble. Some II trades, some internal Hyatt trades, some DC points.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Nope. We will be using our Smuggs fixed week and floater week like we have always been doing before we say goodbye to our ownershp-provided we are accepted into the deed back program. We will also use our Innseason Pollard Brook fixed week like we do every year as well. In the future we might exhcange that one occasionally.

You did great with those exchanges, btw.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked a week at San Clemente Cove for the week between Christmas and New Years. Probably not a "great" exchange - more of an "even" exchange - but I was able to use an expiring week and my husband's company shuts down that week so we didn't have to use any vacation time off. Plus it's a drive-to location so no airfare. So that makes it a "great" exchange for us.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Four Seasons Villamoura Portugal for August. The rest are internal HGVC trades.
Did you exchange into the Four Seasons Villamoura? I have never seen it available during summer. That sounds great! Congratulations!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I snagged a three bedroom at Imperial Palms for mid-June. I am happy, as even with my MF, II fee, and eplus fee, I am still spending less than half of what the MF is for that week.

(For those following along at home, LOL, this is the week that we decided to go to Orlando with the BIL and his family, rather than try to squeeze it in over Christmas. SO GLAD I made that call. They want to do two days at Universal and two days at Disney. Now to book that and the plane tickets and the rental car...)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Did you exchange into the Four Seasons Villamoura? I have never seen it available during summer. That sounds great! Congratulations!
Yes Four Seasons Vilamoura. HGVC trade (we own NYC and Vegas) and very old search date also got this last year but we could not go. We are already in Europe in Feb so this may be too much. Still thinking about it.

How does this resort compare to the HGVC Vilamoura?

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Still looking. Have 1 week in RCI and eventually 1 week in II. Honestly I am looking for April-August 2021.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just got a match last night with Interval, for an ogs for for Thanksgiving at HGVC Seawatch on The Beach, Fort Myers, a 2 bedroom. If I got it in the HGVC system it would have cost me 5000 points. Fabulous trade using my Blue Ridge Village fixed week.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
For 2020, I was able to find Westin Nanea 2 br at the end of June via II and the following July 4th week, I found HGVC Kings' Land 1 br via SFX. There is a 1 day gap that I will use free Hilton weekend certificate obtained from Amex Hilton card.
For 2021, I have 2 pending OGS currently. 1. Feb-Apr '21 for Marriott's Ko Olina or Maui and will book prior/following week for MKO using deed week. 2. Aug-Sep '21 for Marriott's Marco Island and will book the prior/following week for Orlando using Vistana SO points.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
We just picked up a few weeknights in a one bedroom at Maui Banyan Vacation Club last minute - it will actually save us money over the meh motel I had booked!! I'll have to play around with the rest of our trip a bit now, and turn Oahu / Pearl Harbor into a day trip, but I'm beyond thrilled!!

BonnieLee1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2019 year was a disaster as I had to cancel most of my weeks because of family illnesses. Plus I was tardy and did nothing with my weeks. So I organized everything and with a little effort got some great trades. My guess is most people are busy with the holiday and aren’t looking as these were not ogs.

In the HGVC system I found February 2020 Captiva Week. So surprised by that.

in RCI I got a early September in Hershey Park PA

in II I got a second week in late May for coastal Maine InnSeason Resorts The Falls at Ogunquit

and maybe this doesn’t count for the question I asked, I just got it in on time by a day, for a request for a summer flex week and got a week one 2021 at Eagles Nest Marco Island
Eagles Nest! Would love to get in there. Enjoy!

SeeMe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacation Club
Global Exchange Vacation Club
The Imperial of Waikiki
Westin Kierland Villas
Booked a week at the Avila Beach Club in Avila Beach for the last week of April and just snagged another 4 nights there June 30-July 3 again through RCI. Also used my WKV options to book 2 weeks at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North May 24- June 7. Now looking for 5-7 days at the Vino Bello Resort in Napa in August. Also picked up the first week of October at the Laguna Surf in Laguna Beach through RCI. And finally, got 4 nights at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas Sept 6-10 over Labor day on a intro package (at a outstanding price.)
still looking for more. 2020 looks to be a good year