• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you had home repair issues during stay-at-home?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my 40 hour a week maintenance guy doing his normal stuff. But he had decided I MUST stay home … and he called my sisters to also monitor my staying at home. Of course., my siblings live between 150 to 3000+ miles away. Good thing I maintain a 30+ day of food supply at my house. And I qualify for the early Senior AM grocery shopping hours and have the required face-mask and gloves.

And my Texas sister called my cable company and upgraded my TV service without asking me … I just get to pay for it.

I am permitted by my siblings to go to my avatar house in the woods 140 miles away. I just have to remember to fill the gas tank before leaving home as NJ - NJ still has NO gas pumped by customers.

geekette

Reaction score
... And my Texas sister called my cable company and upgraded my TV service without asking me … I just get to pay for it.

how can someone else authorize this on your bill?? I would be outraged. At the company first, my sister second. I mean, obviously, sis instigated it, but it should never have been allowed.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Like some others - we had a small leak after a heavy rain. We had the roofer come and remove some tiles and put some rubberize liner on before replacing the tiles. He left us a 40 year warranty - I told him that I doubted that it would be a problem for us! :)

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
... And my Texas sister called my cable company and upgraded my TV service without asking me … I just get to pay for it.

how can someone else authorize this on your bill?? I would be outraged. At the company first, my sister second. I mean, obviously, sis instigated it, but it should never have been allowed.

We are a co-dependent lot of 5 siblings … really very practiced at helping and supporting each other from thousands of miles away. I am the one who stayed where we grew up ... and the one who managed our parents' last years of life. I had NO POA on my parents .... but I handled day to day here. My father was very controlling person trusting only my sister in Texas. My parents lived 10 minutes away from me .... but I learned in their final years, when things HAD to happen, to just call the Texas sister to "COME HOME". She would appear the NEXT DAY .... after I picked her up from the airport without notice to our parents. I called her "the closer". For Medical issues, I call the California sister (nurse) married to a medical doctor. The Maryland sister came to do food shopping and routine medical issues. I handled their house and yard repairs plus was available for many other issues .. like finding several women over the years to be a companion for my mother (as a break for my dad). I always had someone who watched Mom … and my Dad would complain to my other 3 sisters. My TX sister finally decided to 'step in' .. except she learned my father was the one with the issues. My choice of first helper for Mom was perfect … this helper had been watching the SAME soap stories for years as Mom … and that is what they did every afternoon. Mom would point to the TV ,,,, going "ooh, ooh" at a new face and this aide would be her voice … Dad was happy for 3 hours and Mom was happy enjoying her "friends" on TV and in the living room.

As for the change of my cable service …. the TV is background noise in the evenings and Xfinity keeps upping the bill. My vacation house does NOT have cable TV ,

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like some others - we had a small leak after a heavy rain. We had the roofer come and remove some tiles and put some rubberize liner on before replacing the tiles. He left us a 40 year warranty - I told him that I doubted that it would be a problem for us! :)

The week before I was NOT meeting up .. just going up to my post office box. I have spent this entire week at my home going NO WHERES til the phone call about my big building's roof leak thru 2 floors. I had to help setup the 40' ladder for my worker to get onto the roof over the par-a-pit wall 30+ feet up. This 1929 building is a 'fun' place and I am the 3rd owner. The property consists of this "big brick building " with 6 apartments, and 2 storefront PLUS a separate duplex and brick warehouse (formerly a 1929 bakery with a garage space and partial basement).

This was a NOW issue.

I got to escape from my house .... I live in NJ near Philadelphia. I qualify for Senior Shopping hours at the supermarket but my siblings do NOT want me out and about …. Even with a face mask on (required now in NJ).

The roofer could NOT come out ... the roof was flooded ,, the roof drain was clogged with a plastic bottle which had been thrown up into the roof.

It took 20 minutes for the roof to drain. The downspout is larger than a normal house's .... it is a 6" one. The par-a-pit wall is 4+ feet above the tar roof's lowest level. My worker needs help to setup and take down MY 40' foot ladder from the warehouse. I have owned this building for 35+ years.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Not a home repair thing, but definitely a kind of home invasion thing...

I stepped into the half bath on the main floor of my house the other morning to put something away. I turned around, and out of the corner of my eye, something dark colored caught my attention in the white sink. I glanced down and about leaped out of my skin.

It was THE.BIGGEST.SPIDER I have ever seen here. I'm not talking Daddy Longlegs big. I'm talking (nearly) Tarantula big! Huge body, and big, thick legs. Looked kind of like the Wolf Spiders and Cane Spiders in Hawaii, but never saw one this big. Never seen anything like this around here.

I have no idea what kind it was, and I didn't ask. I stepped out into the garage and grabbed the bug spray. Zapped him a good shot, and turned on the hot water. Scalded his bad self right down the drain, and let the hot water run for several minutes. Then for good measure, I closed the drain plug. Over the next day or two I'd periodically open the drain and run more scalding water down the pipes. I have no idea if that extra step did any good, but man, I don't mind doing it, just in case. I don't want to have something like this in my house, thank you very much.

I'm not normally afraid of your basic garden-variety spider. If I see one in the house, I get a piece of paper and usher it outdoors. But in this case, I admit, I was completely caught off guard, and more than a little freaked out. I've lived in this house seventeen years, and I have never seen a spider like this, inside or out.

I'm still having the willies over this one. LOL! :D

Dave