• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you any idea how to send a PM on the new BBS?

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you any idea how to send a
PM on the new BBS?
thanks for your time and help.
Jerry Whitfield
winston Salem, NC

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's now called a Conversation. Click on the person's username, and click "Start a Conversation." If you also click the word Conversations under your username from the top-right corner of the screen, you can see your old messages from the old BBS. You can also start a new Conversation with someone from there. If you want, you can add multiple usernames on that, to send a PM to more than one person at a time.

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can also click on the users profile picture (even if one isnt uploaded) to get most options available!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DaveNW -- Brian and I have little or no past experience with XenForo, so we're learning as we go. We really appreciate you and several other folks jumping in to help answer questions.

Doug, I'm very happy to help. You all have your hands full with the hard stuff. I have no known experience with this specific forum software, but I work in I.T., I'm online all the time, and I'm lucky answering some of these questions is something I can do to pay it forward a bit to the community.

Now, find me a Thumbs Up emoticon. ;)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Awesome!!! :thumbup:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This upgrade is a new learning curve for an old tugger.:thumbup:

Please keep the questions and answers coming.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Question - I have typed a " Conversation " ( PM ) and previewed -

How do I send - regular forum has " post a reply " button / but I can't find a similar " button "
What am I missing ?

Other than this - I am adapting to the " new forum " very easily and appreciate
how much fine tuning has already been done .

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the reply button is at the bottom right of the conversation just like the reply button to a forum thread.

they are identical formats (forum threads and conversations)

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, when there are multiple parties included in a PM conversation, is there any way to know that? Received a PM in my inbox this morning, replied but got a response back from a 3rd party apparently also include in in conversation. Kind of like a BCC. Any way to know all of the parties included in the original send?1

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi Bella & Brian ,
I am probably the member who sent the PM / conversation to BellaWyn & 4 others (5 ) which seems to be the max .
I have sent a couple of "PM's " since the changeover and to date ( **see added- below) no one has " answered me " -

1) I am not sure if I am allowing responses ( or ... just no one wanted to respond)

2 )As well in the old PM format there was an in & out " box" . When I go into my conversation history from the old format I only see my sent messages
and not any responses ( which were the "in box " ).

Not sure if some of this has been covered already as I have not yet read this thread coast to coast .

3)I also liked that PM's showed up in my email ( but sort of BCC - TUG name only) AND on this forum .

Keep up the great work .
- I am also impressed how many total readers are on TUG at anyone time

added - Now have a response from 1 ( of 5 ) so Conversation does work .( two way)

I am not sure if the other 4 see the response or it becomes a "private "
one to one . (If the party responding only enters my TUG name )

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should get a notification email when anyone starts or replies to a conversation (pm)

also, any party within a conversation can see all messages in the convo

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
you should get a notification email when anyone starts or replies to a conversation (pm)

also, any party within a conversation can see all messages in the convo
I could see who initially generated the PM Conversation. What was NOT included for me to see was ALL parties the Conversation was sent TO. When replying, the was no indication that the reply was going to anyone other than the origin sender.

-- Update: Now when I go back to my Conversation inbox there is a large box on the right hand side of the window that it titled "Conversation Participants.". Is this a function of the originator checking a box or something that got updated in the overall system?

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whoever starts the conversation can add additional participants yes.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes I did get by email .

I am not sure of the time frame ( ie is there any "lag "?) I read the first response while on TUG on our home / desk top computer
and did not hear my phone or Ipad "ding" to announce an email ( however I could have missed it .)

when I opened and looked at the email this morning on my Ipad - all who responded where visible and their response could be read

I am posting to help " the learning curve " of all users , and my own .

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no problem at all, post away! you can be sure that more folks likely have the same questions!

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I did get by email .

I am not sure of the time frame ( ie is there any "lag "?) I read the first response while on TUG on our home / desk top computer
and did not hear my phone or Ipad "ding" to announce an email ( however I could have missed it .)

when I opened and looked at the email this morning on my Ipad - all who responded where visible and their response could be read

I am posting to help " the learning curve " of all users , and my own .

Tom, from what I can gather from your explanations it seems in the initial send you did not check the box at the bottom that says "allow anyone in the conversation to invite others." The instruction is a little deceiving when sending to multi-recipients because apparently not checking the box blinds the receipients that others were included in the send message. Once you went back and checked the box, the list was populated for everyone to see.

It was a good test for sure and important for this to be noted and understood.

Appreciate your effort. :thumbup:

Caite

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Dredging up this old post to ask additional questions. Can you have more than 5 participants in a conversation? How to you add an additional participant to a conversation? TIA.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Dredging up this old post to ask additional questions. Can you have more than 5 participants in a conversation? How to you add an additional participant to a conversation? TIA.
5 is the limit. If you need more than that you can always create something like a Google Group and move your conversation there.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
5 is the limit. If you need more than that you can always create something like a Google Group and move your conversation there.
Thanks. That was helpful.