• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have too many weeks: What to do with rolled over DC Points and II deposits?

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always knew I own way too many weeks (hoped my family would use some, but the prefer to pay a lot for hotel rooms instead of being a bit more flexible to use timeshare exchanges)!

I have sold or given away some weeks, wented out others but I am still stuck with way more deposits in RCI and II than I can use myself.

While deposits technically do not expire anymore with RCI (you can extend them by combining with other deposits) I was planning to travel only through II next year and use up the DC Poits I already rolled forward from 2011 (after they did not rent in 2011 as I did not market them enough).

But now I was forced to book 4 weeks through RCI as I found great season weeks in resorts I always wanted to visit :D

Now it looks like I have:

3 deposits with II that expire in 2012

6 deposits with II that expire in 2013

1,850 destination points in 2012 (rolled forward from 2011, so no option to roll them forward again)

(besides all the RCI and MR Points I can luckily roll forward/extend practically indefinitely :p and lots of other deposits and DC Points to come in the following years)

and probably can only use very few more weeks of vacation due to getting off time from work.

What are my options to not let the weeks and points go to waste?

Converting the already rolled forward DC Points to MR points (That do not expire) is no option anymore, right?

Rolled Over DC Points can not be rented out, right?

How can I put the expiring II deposits to work without breaching II's rules (not rentig out exchanges)?

Thanks for any ideas!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me that you are about to become either a timeshare salesman or a timeshare landlord. I dont see other options unless you continue as a timeshare collector, paying your fees but never using them

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could make a reservation for someone with you dc points and rent that. Might not be enough for a week, but a good long weekend.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I always knew I own way too many weeks (hoped my family would use some, but the prefer to pay a lot for hotel rooms instead of being a bit more flexible to use timeshare exchanges)!

I have sold or given away some weeks, wented out others but I am still stuck with way more deposits in RCI and II than I can use myself.

While deposits technically do not expire anymore with RCI (you can extend them by combining with other deposits) I was planning to travel only through II next year and use up the DC Poits I already rolled forward from 2011 (after they did not rent in 2011 as I did not market them enough).

But now I was forced to book 4 weeks through RCI as I found great season weeks in resorts I always wanted to visit :D

Now it looks like I have:

3 deposits with II that expire in 2012

6 deposits with II that expire in 2013

1,850 destination points in 2012 (rolled forward from 2011, so no option to roll them forward again)

(besides all the RCI and MR Points I can luckily roll forward/extend practically indefinitely :p and lots of other deposits and DC Points to come in the following years)

and probably can only use very few more weeks of vacation due to getting off time from work.

What are my options to not let the weeks and points go to waste?

Converting the already rolled forward DC Points to MR points (That do not expire) is no option anymore, right?

Converting legacy DC points to MRPs was never an option.

Rolled Over DC Points can not be rented out, right?

Nope, can't transfer rolled over points to another owner. But you can make a reservatoin and rent the reservation. You could combine them with some current year 2012 points for a great reservation to rent out. That would require electing in 2012 if you haven't done so yet.

How can I put the expiring II deposits to work without breaching II's rules (not rentig out exchanges)?

Give them away to friends, family?

Thanks for any ideas!