• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have some points that will expire

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi I have a few points left over that say expiring, don’t say when. How can I find out so I can use them before I lose them.
Didn’t want to call if someone here can tell me?

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Hi I have a few points left over that say expiring, don’t say when. How can I find out so I can use them before I lose them.
Didn’t want to call if someone here can tell me?
what year points are they? 2020 points expire the end of June. 2021 points expire end of December this year.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
2021 points, thanks I’ll be sure to use them before the end of the year.

Herbalwise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahoe Ridge, NV near South Lake Tahoe
Anybody try saving points by rolling over to Interval International to get an extra year to use them?

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Anybody try saving points by rolling over to Interval International to get an extra year to use them?
dont think thats possible. I dont think you transfer and then book. They just take your points when you book

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I got something similar on my account, but the numbers do not align with my account.

HICV has had issues with that point summary screen before.

I just got downgraded on 2 bookings I made months ago for 3 BR Ambassador Penthouses (at an Hill Country the old Silverleaf resort.) I am waiting for those points to be put back in my account. No idea how long that is going to take.

Herbalwise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dont think thats possible. I dont think you transfer and then book. They just take your points when you book

Right. You book something, then cancel after the points are transferred, can't you? That would leave the points in the Interval system, seems. I'll report back if I try that.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got something similar on my account, but the numbers do not align with my account.

HICV has had issues with that point summary screen before.

I just got downgraded on 2 bookings I made months ago for 3 BR Ambassador Penthouses (at an Hill Country the old Silverleaf resort.) I am waiting for those points to be put back in my account. No idea how long that is going to take.

Has that been common for HICV? I had a couple of studio sleep 4 downgraded to studio sleep 2 at ridge tahoe recently. I wouldn't have expected not getting the room you book to be a regular thing...

Herbalwise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has that been common for HICV? I had a couple of studio sleep 4 downgraded to studio sleep 2 at ridge tahoe recently. I wouldn't have expected not getting the room you book to be a regular thing...

Studio downgrade? How is that possible? What building are you in? The studio's are all the same, so how can they downgrade you? (Unless you're at one of the offsite buildings, which I honestly don't know that much about View, Crest, Point, Sierra.)

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Studio downgrade? How is that possible? What building are you in? The studio's are all the same, so how can they downgrade you? (Unless you're at one of the offsite buildings, which I honestly don't know that much about View, Crest, Point, Sierra.)

I had a ridge point studio which slept 4, and they changed it to a main resort studio that sleeps 2.

Herbalwise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Main resort, as memory serves me, it's a king sized sleep number bed. They used to have a fold out couch too, but maybe they did away with that (see earlier comment about deferred maintenance). Call the main resort to find out 775-588-3553. If they did, that would explain the change. I think you'll be happier at the main campus.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Main resort, as memory serves me, it's a king sized sleep number bed. They used to have a fold out couch too, but maybe they did away with that (see earlier comment about deferred maintenance). Call the main resort to find out 775-588-3553. If they did, that would explain the change. I think you'll be happier at the main campus.

This has happened already. They told me they didn't have anything with a pull out available so we ended up canceling, as we needed the space.

I was pretty annoyed as this was less than a month prior to check-in over peak dates.