• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have most schools opted out of Spring break during Easter?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting on several rentals for Easter week. The lack of interest from my ads on Redweek is surprising as I've been successful with these properties in the past. I thought it was due to the holidays and then February vacations but now it's later and I have to know by tomorrow what to cancel.

Someone told me today that school systems have gone to the last week of March and first week of April for Spring Break because they don't want to be linked to a religious holiday and their week will not fluctuate year to year.

Are you finding this is true? If you respond will you also note what state you've seen this?

Thank you

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I haven't paid attention since my girls are no longer in school. But I took a look at the calendar for the Santa Fe Public Schools. For 2019/2020 Spring break is March 16 to 20. For 2020/2021 it is March 15 to 19. But for 2020/2021 there is also an Easter Break from Friday April 2 through Monday April 5.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
My SD sticks w/ the Easter holiday. This year we are mid April while last year, we were at the end of April.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spring break for all of Washington State used to be the second week of April and for all of Oregon, the last week of March. Not sure is this is still true, as it's been awhile since I had kids in school. Spring break was never tied to Easter here. But the Pacific Northwest is suppose to be the most "un-churched region" in the country.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of my bi-coastal grands (NV and VA) have Spring Break the week before Easter (April 4-12) this year. My WA State grand's Spring Break is the week after Easter (like sun starved Gayle noted in above post).

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Not true here in NY. It’s always tied to Easter here and they usually try to bridge it with Passover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I've lived basically my entire adult life in two different college towns and in both cases our K-12 schools have followed the university's spring break, typically sometime during the first two weeks of March.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm from Arizona, but lived in Hawaii, Utah, and Colorado and spring break has never had anything to do with Easter in any of those states.

Here in Colorado there are 3 different weeks in March that Spring break is held.

I've got in laws in California and their spring break is always associated with Easter.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I'm sitting on several rentals for Easter week. The lack of interest from my ads on Redweek is surprising as I've been successful with these properties in the past. I thought it was due to the holidays and then February vacations but now it's later and I have to know by tomorrow what to cancel.

Someone told me today that school systems have gone to the last week of March and first week of April for Spring Break because they don't want to be linked to a religious holiday and their week will not fluctuate year to year.

Are you finding this is true? If you respond will you also note what state you've seen this?

Thank you
In Alabama, spring break is always in mid-March, so it has never been associated with Easter holiday. And believe me, if Alabama politicians, including school boards, can link anything to religion, they will.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In our county in Maryland, Spring break is the week before Easter (when Easter is later) or the week after Easter (when Easter is in March). They try to keep it around the first full week in April but if Easter is very early or very late it misses that mark.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In all the time that my son was in middle school and high school in California, his spring break was always in March, never around Easter.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Arlington and Fairfax County public schools both close the week before Easter (April 6-10).

At least some of the parochial schools are off the week after Easter.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
In Ohio some school districts still have the week of Easter but a number of them have the last full week of March as their Spring Break.

Here in Florida the schools in Broward County also have the last full week of March as their Spring Break.

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
On Long Island, our spring break coincides with Passover. Usually Easter is the same week, but occasionally it is not. On those years, we get Passover week and Good Friday off with Easter. If we don't use all our snow days, we get Easter Monday also.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
On Long Island, our spring break coincides with Passover. Usually Easter is the same week, but occasionally it is not. On those years, we get Passover week and Good Friday off with Easter. If we don't use all our snow days, we get Easter Monday also.

I’m on LI too! Nassau County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timetofly

TUG Member
Reaction score
spring break in rural Eastern North Carolina always corresponds to Easter. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In all the time that my son was in middle school and high school in California, his spring break was always in March, never around Easter.
My girls were in California all through their school years. Their break was always the week before, or after, Easter.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
In the Las Vegas schools spring break is the week of April 6 and also the Monday after (April 13) with classes resuming April 14.

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
We’re in California and our spring break is at the end of March or early April. If Easter occurs during that time it’s usually scheduled the week before Easter and our neighboring school district takes the week after Easter.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I checked for SoCal and at least 75% were in April. The remaining were late March. A good portion were either week of or week before Easter.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Most of Maine and some of Massachusetts have the week of President's Day off, and then the week of Patriots Day....3rd Monday in April. Feb break is usually to break up the flu cycle. April break we really get to enjoy! :)

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the various responses, it's seems the answer is "it depends on region you live in for when spring break occurs..."

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We are usually the last week of March for grade school and high school (Indiana). Although some are the third week of March.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
In Vancouver BC Canada school break is the second half of March, weeks 11 and 12.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I have schoolage kids and friends all over the country
Yes, public schools usually stick to a fixed spring break week in their academic calendars. They don’t move it annually- it makes planning around it too hard.

Spring Break varies regionally however. Nationwide it goes from early March to mid April. Regions without a “winter break” will usually have spring break in mid March. East coast and west coast schools with a winter break of a week around Presidents Day(sometimes referred to as Ski week) will have their Spring Break later, like first 2 weeks of April.